EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Defensemen Rating Glitch

I love to do roster rerates, especially when you have ratings like Doughty at 91 in 2020.

With defensemen, the rating shown in the rating list does not match the rating shown when you go to edit the player. Typically, the later rating is lower, and I cannot seem to pinpoint why this is. The ones that are shown outside of the editing menu (roster menu, etc) are correct, the ones in the editing menu are not.

Also, not a glitch, but can we please re-do the weighting of attributes for next year or even this year as a treat? It's forcing the raters to inflate certain stats of players that should not be inflated, such as McDavid's defensive awareness at 93 (!!!) to give him that 95 OVR.

Replies

• Tier1SOFOperator
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    djzeebad wrote: »
    I love to do roster rerates, especially when you have ratings like Doughty at 91 in 2020.

With defensemen, the rating shown in the rating list does not match the rating shown when you go to edit the player. Typically, the later rating is lower, and I cannot seem to pinpoint why this is. The ones that are shown outside of the editing menu (roster menu, etc) are correct, the ones in the editing menu are not.

Also, not a glitch, but can we please re-do the weighting of attributes for next year or even this year as a treat? It's forcing the raters to inflate certain stats of players that should not be inflated, such as McDavid's defensive awareness at 93 (!!!) to give him that 95 OVR.

This!!! I’ve always hated this exact issue you’re talking about regarding the inflated ratings. With the current system if you were to lower McDavid’s def awareness to , to let’s just say 75 it would probably lower his overall rating to probably mid to high 80’s. Ridiculous!