EA Forums - Banner

EA Sports Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment It's in the game!

Prev13456711
l5ccrywan88d.jpg

Just love this. Dominating every play. My opponent is stuck defending over half the game. Goalie standing on his head.

Then my team conveniently can't body or stick check my opponent. He runs through me like nothing. No dekes or anything. I check him and the puck stays on his stick. My AI defense are no where and out of position.

His goalie is saving one timers, point deflections, short side wrist shots, backhands, you name it.

I defend and his player gets checked and the puck slides to my goalie. My goalie looks at the puck and it trickles in five hole. 🤦‍♂️

The rest were weak cross crease goals. My goalie just sits in the middle of net and goes into butterfly and doesn't even attempt to make a save.

I am have been division 1/2 and play HUT champs regularly. I play a great defensive game but no matter what I do SOME games. I get dusted by players that are no where near my skill level because my COMPUTER goalie can't save ANYTHING.

Replies

• You just described half the games I played.
    They’ll tell you that it doesn’t exist so I convinced my wallet never to lay out a penny for cards that don’t matter.
    It is what it is
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • EA,

You claim you set the matchmaking to "competitive" and the goalies are all-star difficulty.
    My goalie played like a bronze 50 ovr on rookie mode. Despite having defended and blocked every other shot attempt at keeping my opponent from my goaltender.

It is awfully convenient that there is zero skill gap when one team is dominating the play the entire game. The opponent's goalie is being lit up by quality shots that would normally go in.
    Then when the opponent finally gets a shot on net. It goes in EVERY shot except one. This is not competitive in the least.

This is a clear display of a middle algorithm that adjusts the AI to "compensate" for an even play field. To give players a false sense that they are playing properly.

It is no different than playing with a friend and one friend is losing horribly. So, you intentionally stop trying and let your friend score a bunch of goals to give that friend that false sense that they actually had a chance at winning.

Except, your algorithm is intentionally doing it on an online COMPETITIVE level where it can happen at any moment to either player without them knowing. Their defense and / or goalie will stop performing as they would normally in an even play field.

You cannot continue to expect your paying customers that love playing your hockey games to find this as an acceptable form of business. It is unethical and I am down right sick of it.
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »
    EA,

You claim you set the matchmaking to "competitive" and the goalies are all-star difficulty.
    My goalie played like a bronze 50 ovr on rookie mode. Despite having defended and blocked every other shot attempt at keeping my opponent from my goaltender.

It is awfully convenient that there is zero skill gap when one team is dominating the play the entire game. The opponent's goalie is being lit up by quality shots that would normally go in.
    Then when the opponent finally gets a shot on net. It goes in EVERY shot except one. This is not competitive in the least.

This is a clear display of a middle algorithm that adjusts the AI to "compensate" for an even play field. To give players a false sense that they are playing properly.

It is no different than playing with a friend and one friend is losing horribly. So, you intentionally stop trying and let your friend score a bunch of goals to give that friend that false sense that they actually had a chance at winning.

Except, your algorithm is intentionally doing it on an online COMPETITIVE level where it can happen at any moment to either player without them knowing. Their defense and / or goalie will stop performing as they would normally in an even play field.

You cannot continue to expect your paying customers that love playing your hockey games to find this as an acceptable form of business. It is unethical and I am down right sick of it.

I kid you not , Its literally about 8 of the 10 game I play- Not saying I lose all of those 8 games but i Have to fight the **** the CPU and DDA pulls against me all the time . It has been so blatant that I am considering not playing this game again. It makes me ill thinking about it.
  • I’m sure someone will pop up in here and tell you that DDA does not exist in EA sports and your eyes are lying to you.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • yeah its tougher than ever this year, I am usually a level 2-4 player spend most of my time in level 3 last year. This year I opened up in level 4 and went on a rampage, I think I won my first 6 or 7 games, most good quality games then I jumped up to level 3 and it honestly feels like a different game. In level 4 it felt like playing hockey, in 3 its just spinning around, no body checks work, everyone has the same money roster, and the games feel so one sided, which for me just now sent me over the edge. I am totally cool getting beat by someone better than me that is fine. But when the game is obviously not working correctly that is when I get frustrated, I really had high hopes this year and told myself the only money I would spend is on the great 8 edition, and so far I have stayed true to that. However money aside, fis the body checking!! and fix the gosh darn backhand speed pass that everyone is using AGAIN THIS YEAR. As a hockey player (beer league) you can NOT send a backhand pass that fast across the ice/crease its just not realistic, in 3's sure why not but NOT in HUT. When you can send a back hand pass out of the D zone to someone in full stride and that puck flies right by three defenders and they don't even react we have a problem. And yes the games are very onesided, I thought the goalies were supposed to be better this year? And I am sure someone will jump on and say you just aren't playing right, or the only way to win is skill zone it, but is that really the best EA can do? Please fix this, don't dishonor the greatest pure goal scorer of this generation with this lousy effort of a new game. Also guys randomly falling needs to be addressed.
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    I’m sure someone will pop up in here and tell you that DDA does not exist in EA sports and your eyes are lying to you.

I'm sure they will but we know and have experienced different ..oh well
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    I’m sure someone will pop up in here and tell you that DDA does not exist in EA sports and your eyes are lying to you.

I'm sure they will but we know and have experienced different ..oh well

Honestly, the only ones who would deny it's existence. Are the ones who deliberately exploit in game mechanics to win. I don't care what people do to beat the AI in Squad Battles. It's offline. I DO care that this is happening in ONLINE competitive matchmaking when your attention is focused on player input and dynamic difficulty adjustments that the game makes to even the playing field. That is just not competitive. That is EA giving the losing or winning player an unfair advantage regardless their skill level.
  • vi3oomw3awwy.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/nihilistwolfe/v/783012842?sr=a&t=4s

You can see here how I won but I had to try twice as hard to block and stick check my opponent's cross crease 1Ts. My goalie couldn't save a freaking beach ball.

I display my team cards compared to my opponent and you can see he also has a lesser ovr team. Yet his AI goalie with a lesser ovr made huge saves. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

EA Sports released a trailer earlier on YouTube. Before the game came out... I can't seem to find it anymore. It was about new goalie puck tracking and desperation saves from rebounds to 1Ts. There is ZERO difference from previous years and it is even worse now.
  • nle8tc47fyie.jpg
    lyayd9bmkjev.jpg
    vmnye4rgdzic.jpg
    54yfky9pap8t.jpg
    sldetap6ffla.jpg

Here's a great example of how DDA switches mid game. My team was slow. Checking via body and stick wasn't working at all. My opponent is up 3-1 going into the third period and like magic my team starts skating faster, connecting checks, and scoring.

Here's the thing. My opponent wasn't very good on defense when I did enter the zone. He relied heavily on his AI defenders to bump into me after I deked passed him easily. His AI was always on me. He wouldn't even forecheck and rely on his AI to get the puck from me when he skated back. This worked for the first two periods.

I didn't change any of my strategies and I played the same way. His AI in the third period was horrid. I ended up going up with 4 unanswered goals in the first half of the third period.

My opponent at this point got quite frustrated and decided to stretch the game out by constantly tripping me when I got back in their offensive zone.

EA, why would I waste my time and go through great lengths to show you this? Because I am passionate about the game of hockey and being able to play the video games you make.

You can't stand back and keep denying this year after year. It's pretty obvious at this point. All we ask is for an actual competitive game with no dynamic "game sliders" during online versus matchmaking. It does not make for an enjoyable experience.
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »
    nle8tc47fyie.jpg
    lyayd9bmkjev.jpg
    vmnye4rgdzic.jpg
    54yfky9pap8t.jpg
    sldetap6ffla.jpg

Here's a great example of how DDA switches mid game. My team was slow. Checking via body and stick wasn't working at all. My opponent is up 3-1 going into the third period and like magic my team starts skating faster, connecting checks, and scoring.

Here's the thing. My opponent wasn't very good on defense when I did enter the zone. He relied heavily on his AI defenders to bump into me after I deked passed him easily. His AI was always on me. He wouldn't even forecheck and rely on his AI to get the puck from me when he skated back. This worked for the first two periods.

I didn't change any of my strategies and I played the same way. His AI in the third period was horrid. I ended up going up with 4 unanswered goals in the first half of the third period.

My opponent at this point got quite frustrated and decided to stretch the game out by constantly tripping me when I got back in their offensive zone.

EA, why would I waste my time and go through great lengths to show you this? Because I am passionate about the game of hockey and being able to play the video games you make.

You can't stand back and keep denying this year after year. It's pretty obvious at this point. All we ask is for an actual competitive game with no dynamic "game sliders" during online versus matchmaking. It does not make for an enjoyable experience.

Well said and hopefully someone is listening....
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Ea says it doesn’t exist, even though it was created and patented by ea, it doesn’t exist cause ea developers say so. They have no reason to lie about it although the patent clearly states its goal of adjusting difficulty to encourage a players continuous gaming in hopes of generating a beneficial financial gain through additional in game purchases. 🧐

If they were publicly to admit to it their virtual card sales would become nonexistent and that is bad for business. But we know it’s there it’s hard to miss.
    Just for fun I put together a team of icons that I got in packs. Overall 80 plus bronze goalie and killed the OP with lemiex, Gretzky and etc.
    There was no way that was supposed happened and especially from the first face off.
    I was flying around his players while he was stuck in the mud.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good arguments here. I have the same experience as the rest of you. Either you have the force or the opponent has it. I have played a few crisp games where the force was even distributed but most of the time you either play with an advantage or disadvantage. People that don´t recognize this are not hardcore players. people that deny it works for EA or knows how to exploit it to their advantage. Some games are laughable how one-sided they are. I have no problem getting spanked by a better player but when the DDA sets in you want to throw the consol in the trashcan.

Currently, I´m in a black hole after a period of having the force with me. so i quit and started playing online vs and really enjoyed the gameplay. the force was not there for either team but of course, it's peer to peer so you can get a laggy game that sucks.
  • hahaha, hilarious, i made a team of totally random icons. 79 ovr with 77 Davidson in net. I´m in division 3 on the brink to division 2. i did not even fix my lines with pp & pk and run with standard strategies. 1st period was even as hell, i had some dangerous chances and so had my opponent. the teams felt even. in the second i took the lead and from there the game totally turned around. At first, i was able to defend pretty well and Davidson was a superhero. then he finally got the equalizer in the third and from there my team was gassed.

I should not ever have been able to hang with my opponent in two periods, i had an amazing ai assist and he was unable to intercept my passes, they just went right through traffic. But this is such a common pattern, i was never supposed to win. i see it often when i meet low ovr teams, they are op in the beginning and often get the lead then the hunt is on and most often if you are skilled you will win eventually.
  • hahaha, hilarious, i made a team of totally random icons. 79 ovr with 77 Davidson in net. I´m in division 3 on the brink to division 2. i did not even fix my lines with pp & pk and run with standard strategies. 1st period was even as hell, i had some dangerous chances and so had my opponent. the teams felt even. in the second i took the lead and from there the game totally turned around. At first, i was able to defend pretty well and Davidson was a superhero. then he finally got the equalizer in the third and from there my team was gassed.

I should not ever have been able to hang with my opponent in two periods, i had an amazing ai assist and he was unable to intercept my passes, they just went right through traffic. But this is such a common pattern, i was never supposed to win. i see it often when i meet low ovr teams, they are op in the beginning and often get the lead then the hunt is on and most often if you are skilled you will win eventually.

I have an almost entirely low rated team of icons which makes the lower rated squad battles teams actually easier and less shenanigans occur. I'll have to bring them online and test there too.
  • I 100% agree they have some stupid things in place i can be doing awesone in a game then bam. I cannot poke check or stick check without taking a penalty every single time. Then suddenly my player forget how to shoot. I have had them 1 time it back to my own damn net. Can't say something doesn't exist when it is clearly shown by your own stupid update. Right now I am clearly ****. Went from having fun to getting in tight games to complete crap. You all defibately have a slider abd bettet look into fixing that ****. Because right now it is clearly broken. It is proving you have one. There is basically zero chance that a person missed 29 shots or shoots it into there own zone when on a break 1 time pass. Just saying ya better fix your ****.
  • [quote="thegarden94;c-2164262"][quote="smokin666;c-2164223"]I’m sure someone will pop up in here and tell you that DDA does not exist in EA sports and your eyes are lying to you.[/quote]

I'm sure they will but we know and have experienced different ..oh well [/quote]

The thing is, I believe them that its not on purpose. I think they just have so much broken coding stacked on broken coding that they honestly cant tell us WHAT the game should be doing, because theyve lost control and dont know.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1664 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm willing to admit DDA exists if someone can post a video of an entire game where they claim it's happened.

If it happens with the regularity people claim, it shouldn't be difficult to capture.

These pictures of stats - aside from the shot chart - show nothing.

Even the shot chart - these all could still be weak backhands for all we know.

I think if you're going to make an extraordinary claim - you need to have evidence and we all know by now that stats don't show the real story.

• Socair
    2721 posts Game Changer
    Why would using a base team and having that be the most successful be beneficial to EA and packs? Clearly if you’re dominating with starter packs and whatever you get for free, you don’t need to buy packs.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Why would using a base team and having that be the most successful be beneficial to EA and packs? Clearly if you’re dominating with starter packs and whatever you get for free, you don’t need to buy packs.

Why don´t you read my post about low ovr teams where i claim they get a keep it close handicap but eventually they will give after. otherwise i would have been absolutley blown away playing with my 79ovr team.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!