EA Forums - Banner

EA Sports Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment It's in the game!

Replies

• EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    smokin666 wrote: »
    Here it goes. I think I did it correctly.
    My point is: my 77 team should have been burned by OP team but it was the opposite.
    At the end I also included both of our rosters.

https://xboxclips.co/ninimuginz/3042a870-2348-4f61-ad49-03018dd6dabc

Im all for proving things with video but is this really what you call DDA? The guy you were playing constantly skated into your team, how could you not take the puck away? As for faster than him, not much comment on that. If you're hustling and he isn't, he is tired and you're not that can be exactly what you are saying.

The guy you played was awful, no offense to him at all. You kept your passes to open passing lanes and he did nothing to stop it. If youre going to post videos, you have to at least post one that shows a solid player getting worked by the game

This is why it is pointless to provide videos because slow controller responsiveness does not show and that is probably why EA has chosen just that technique so it will be virtually impossible to prove it with videos.

Yep - pointless
    EA simply will not admit to any code/tendency resulting in DDA and therefore there is no need to post any videos

It’s not our job to submit issues - EA has a QA team for that

But when your customer base continuously posts about the same issues over and over and over, it should be enough for a reputable software company to at least look into (and possibly address) the issue with changes

It has been looked into and found to not exist.

Do you have firsthand knowledge of this? I mean do you know the coding and have looked yourself, or are you simply taking their word for it?

This information comes directly from talking to the dev team.

i understand that but i highly doubt you get the full lowdown. Again i ask, do you go over coding yourself or just believe what they tell you? Cus i got a sack of monopoly money thats worth 1000000 bucks if you take it to the bank

See? Just cus i said it doesnt make it true. You REALLY think if it existed, you would be allowed to tell us it does? I know very well what an NDA is and i guarantee you that you're just not privy to certain info. No offense. If its not in, then can we get a dev to explain whats wrong with the game that these things happen? Cus its happening whether its intentional or not.

I'm not a developer. I just listen to the numerous devs involved in the creation of this game for several years now. We have had numerous discussions about. There's really nothing else we can do to change your minds though. It's also a ridiculous "feature" to have as it completely negates the competitive nature of the game. If you want to believe your wins are given to you because the computer thinks you're going to spend more money, or whatever any of the numerous assumed reasons are, that's your choice. If people that believed this put more effort into learning from their mistakes, they'd probably start seeing how they are more in control of the outcome than blaming the game and chances are excellent they'd improve their record.

I know if it existed, we wouldn't be able to say it doesn't because that would get us in some very serious trouble as we can't lie here. Even if someone that wrote the code said it doesn't exist, they wouldn't be believed. We've had everyone from moderators to developers saying this for many years now, yet people refuse to believe it. If people want to come up with theories that support their narrative, that's their choice. We can tell you until we're blue in the face there is no DDA in NHL, but that's not going to be believed.

If it's not intentional, it's not a feature, it's a bug. And if you can't feel a difference when it happens, one must assume you simply aren't experienced enough to notice when it does.
    My point is: my 77 team should have been burned by OP team but it was the opposite.

Im all for proving things with video but is this really what you call DDA? The guy you were playing constantly skated into your team, how could you not take the puck away? As for faster than him, not much comment on that. If you're hustling and he isn't, he is tired and you're not that can be exactly what you are saying.

The guy you played was awful, no offense to him at all. You kept your passes to open passing lanes and he did nothing to stop it. If youre going to post videos, you have to at least post one that shows a solid player getting worked by the game

This is why it is pointless to provide videos because slow controller responsiveness does not show and that is probably why EA has chosen just that technique so it will be virtually impossible to prove it with videos.

Yep - pointless
    EA simply will not admit to any code/tendency resulting in DDA and therefore there is no need to post any videos

But when your customer base continuously posts about the same issues over and over and especially would be enough for a reputable software company to at least look into (and possibly address) the issue with changes

Do you have firsthand knowledge of this? I mean do you know the coding and have looked yourself, or are you simply taking their word for it?

i understand that but i highly doubt you get the full lowdown. Again i ask, do you go over coding yourself or just believe what they tell you? Cus i got a sack of monopoly money thats worth 1000000 bucks if you take it to the bank

See? Just cus i said it doesnt make it true. You REALLY think if it existed, you would be allowed to tell us it does? I know very well what an NDA is and i guarantee you that you're just not privy to certain info. No offense. If its not in, then can we get a dev to explain whats wrong with the game that these things happen? Cus its happening whether its intentional or not.

I'm not a developer. I just listen to the numerous devs involved in the creation of this game for several years now. We have had numerous discussions about. There's really nothing else we can do to change your minds though. It's also a ridiculous "feature" to have as it completely negates the competitive nature of the game. If you want to believe your wins are given to you because the computer thinks you're going to spend more money, or whatever any of the numerous assumed reasons are, that's your choice. If people that believed this put more effort into learning from their mistakes, they'd probably start seeing how they are more in control of the outcome than blaming the game and chances are excellent they'd improve their record.

I know if it existed, we wouldn't be able to say it doesn't because that would get us in some very serious trouble as we can't lie here. Even if someone that wrote the code said it doesn't exist, they wouldn't be believed. We've had everyone from moderators to developers saying this for many years now, yet people refuse to believe it. If people want to come up with theories that support their narrative, that's their choice. We can tell you until we're blue in the face there is no DDA in NHL, but that's not going to be believed.

This is the problem then....something FEELS wrong to a LOT of people. Shouldn't we stop playing je said she said, and try to figure out WHY certain things that are happening happen? You will say change strats, and trust me i do but no strategy should ever make 70 skt players catch up to 85 plus skaters at convenient moments in the game? Maybe someone can explain how changing which strategies WILL work as opposed to how a hockey player knows them? Maybe theres just not enough info being given either way.
  • EA_Aljo
    2134 posts EA Community Manager

Yep - pointless

But when your customer base continuously posts about the same issues over and over and especially would be enough for a reputable software company to at least look into (and possibly address) the issue with changes

This is the problem then....something FEELS wrong to a LOT of people. Shouldn't we stop playing je said she said, and try to figure out WHY certain things that are happening happen? You will say change strats, and trust me i do but no strategy should ever make 70 skt players catch up to 85 plus skaters at convenient moments in the game? Maybe someone can explain how changing which strategies WILL work as opposed to how a hockey player knows them? Maybe theres just not enough info being given either way.

So far, we haven't seen any proof of this. I've been asking for videos for several years now and have received them a couple of times. They have never clearly shown that a slower player is beating a faster player. To prove this, you would need to have the 2 players skating side by side in a straight line without the puck. There are different variables that affect your speed. Carrying the puck, turning, dekeing and fatigue. The video that was submitted in this thread is an example of what we've been shown in the past claiming slower players are beating faster ones, but the carrier is taking a penalty for carrying the puck and turning. Had they continued in a straight line and protected the puck better, they could have outdistanced the defender or at least created a better passing lane to move the puck to a teammate rather than just skate into the defender for an easy turnover.

Yep - pointless

So far, we haven't seen any proof of this. I've been asking for videos for several years now and have received them a couple of times. They have never clearly shown that a slower player is beating a faster player. To prove this, you would need to have the 2 players skating side by side in a straight line without the puck. There are different variables that affect your speed. Carrying the puck, turning, dekeing and fatigue. The video that was submitted in this thread is an example of what we've been shown in the past claiming slower players are beating faster ones, but the carrier is taking a penalty for carrying the puck and turning. Had they continued in a straight line and protected the puck better, they could have outdistanced the defender or at least created a better passing lane to move the puck to a teammate rather than just skate into the defender for an easy turnover.

Ok we can agree that video would be hard to produce but its not just about slow players catching fast ones. What about 70 ovr goalies that stop 40 shots (half of them just robbing me) while my 86 goalie lets in 3 softies on 7 shots?

What about when a player with high shot acc. Whiffs and misses the net all game from 3 feet out even at a near standstill. Or how about how one teams a.i. will play lights out while yours looks bantam aged at best? You could say its strats but then ill ask you to maybe explain how the strats are programmed to work in each situation because if you use them with hockey iq they dont work as explained, and most of the time regardless of strats, they don't do what they should anyways.

I can go on all day about things that just aren't right that attribute to the DDA talk, and if youd like, I will. You guys may have taken it outta the game (we all know it was there in some form at one point) but then now there are bugs causing all this. Something like this is hard to cap on video, and you know that. So lets talk about WHY this stuff happens and what WE are doing wrong some more, or we can get to the crux of the issue and admit something in the game just isnt and hasnt been right for years.

Yep - pointless

Hey bud, then what is your opinion on the clip I attached in this thread? All my players were icons between 74-81 and I skated loops around my opponent which had a team of 84-86.
    I wasn’t showing off my skills lol I was just trying to show you exactly what we are discussing here.
    They OP quit because he couldn’t move and not because he wasn’t skilled. Puck was a magnet on my receiving sticks plus everything was crisp and easy to me. He/she on the other hand couldn’t connect any passes or let alone keep up with me.
    I would really like your opinion on that clip please.
    To sum it up I was flying and OP had cement shoes on.
    Thanks in advance bud.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's not just about sheer speed. It's about the way the players react. For no reason, level 80- players act like 95 players. Execution speed, impossible to tackle. Rises to his feet too quickly and retrieves the puck. The way to increase the difficulty should not increase the player's stats. At the rookie level, players should still perform at their maximum speed determine by their stats but should just make a lot more mistakes. For example, dropping the puck more often, making bad passes and bad shots. They shouldn't be slower! So it's the same with Superstar. The players will be much more perfect but they should never go faster than their stats. If a player has 70 shooting power they shouldn't shoot like a 95 just because we're in Superstar. This is what we are talking about here. We are not just talking about speed, but about statistics which are not respected. Giving a boost to stats is like cheating. We cannot make our 76 speed player go faster than 76, why the game make that happen? Why selling packs with players with stats if they're not so important?
  • Trisixty66 wrote: »
    It's not just about sheer speed. It's about the way the players react. For no reason, level 80- players act like 95 players. Execution speed, impossible to tackle. Rises to his feet too quickly and retrieves the puck. The way to increase the difficulty should not increase the player's stats. At the rookie level, players should still perform at their maximum speed determine by their stats but should just make a lot more mistakes. For example, dropping the puck more often, making bad passes and bad shots. They shouldn't be slower! So it's the same with Superstar. The players will be much more perfect but they should never go faster than their stats. If a player has 70 shooting power they shouldn't shoot like a 95 just because we're in Superstar. This is what we are talking about here. We are not just talking about speed, but about statistics which are not respected. Giving a boost to stats is like cheating. We cannot make our 76 speed player go faster than 76, why the game make that happen? Why selling packs with players with stats if they're not so important?

Shooting, poking, agility, fatigue, goalie, AI, passing, heck even fighting is effected. Everything.

• EA_Aljo

Yep - pointless

Ok we can agree that video would be hard to produce but its not just about slow players catching fast ones. What about 70 ovr goalies that stop 40 shots (half of them just robbing me) while my 86 goalie lets in 3 softies on 7 shots?

What about when a player with high shot acc. Whiffs and misses the net all game from 3 feet out even at a near standstill. Or how about how one teams a.i. will play lights out while yours looks bantam aged at best? You could say its strats but then ill ask you to maybe explain how the strats are programmed to work in each situation because if you use them with hockey iq they dont work as explained, and most of the time regardless of strats, they don't do what they should anyways.

I can go on all day about things that just aren't right that attribute to the DDA talk, and if youd like, I will. You guys may have taken it outta the game (we all know it was there in some form at one point) but then now there are bugs causing all this. Something like this is hard to cap on video, and you know that. So lets talk about WHY this stuff happens and what WE are doing wrong some more, or we can get to the crux of the issue and admit something in the game just isnt and hasnt been right for years.

We would need video of the specific issues to see what's going on. As far as the AI playing differently goes, that can be due to a difference in strategies. The main thing is just how you play. For example, most likely someone who's not pulling their players out of position by chasing the carrier is going to have worse AI as they aren't in the best position to make the right play. They're cycling around trying to cover the open space. So, if you control your RD and abandon their position to go after the carrier, another player is going to need to take their spot. This is going to leave a gap in coverage.
  • EA_Aljo

Yep - pointless

Hey bud, then what is your opinion on the clip I attached in this thread? All my players were icons between 74-81 and I skated loops around my opponent which had a team of 84-86.
    I wasn’t showing off my skills lol I was just trying to show you exactly what we are discussing here.
    They OP quit because he couldn’t move and not because he wasn’t skilled. Puck was a magnet on my receiving sticks plus everything was crisp and easy to me. He/she on the other hand couldn’t connect any passes or let alone keep up with me.
    Thanks in advance bud.

I think @rabid55wolverine already described this well. It looks like a difference in skill. Higher overalls help, but they don't guarantee wins as personal skill is the main difference in the outcome of games.

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

I think @rabid55wolverine already described this well. It looks like a difference in skill. Higher overalls help, but they don't guarantee wins as personal skill is the main difference in the outcome of games.

Yes I agree but we’re are talking about two different animals here. Skill was not the issue as @rabid55wolverine stated.
    Like the others stated we cannot transform what we see and feel during the play or how the controllers behave. As I mentioned skill had nothing to do with this clip. My team was fast and he was completely handcuffed with his movement. I have plenty of games like this with my 91 overall team when I experience the same against teams that are 81 overall.
    I know it’s not going to be addressed because EA has no fix on this.
    Bottom line is one team from the opening face off feels like supermen and the other is just there to take the pounding and skill has NOTHING to do with it.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Socair
    2581 posts Game Changer

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Yes I agree but we’re are talking about two different animals here. Skill was not the issue as @rabid55wolverine stated.
    Like the others stated we cannot transform what we see and feel during the play or how the controllers behave. As I mentioned skill had nothing to do with this clip. My team was fast and he was completely handcuffed with his movement. I have plenty of games like this with my 91 overall team when I experience the same against teams that are 81 overall.
    Bottom line is one team from the opening face off feels like supermen and the other is just there to take the pounding and skill has NOTHING to do with it.

Connection to server is the culprit IMO. Unless you’re both playing on the same ping with a clean line, one side is usually in better shape connection wise. You see the same thing in shooters; you can unload a whole clip into another player and not kill them, yet it looks like you die from two shots (or other way around).
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator

Yep - pointless

We would need video of the specific issues to see what's going on. As far as the AI playing differently goes, that can be due to a difference in strategies. The main thing is just how you play. For example, most likely someone who's not pulling their players out of position by chasing the carrier is going to have worse AI as they aren't in the best position to make the right play. They're cycling around trying to cover the open space. So, if you control your RD and abandon their position to go after the carrier, another player is going to need to take their spot. This is going to leave a gap in coverage.

We're not just talking defense here. Why do my high rated off players act like they have no idea why they are wearing skates? Setup perfect plays and get robbed all game by a 70 goalie, or whiff on wide open nets from 3 feet away, but at the other end, a 75 ovr teams passing is laser fast, so fast you cant react to stop it at times, their shots are all pure snipes and you can FEEL the goal coming before it does. You just KNOW that the next shot against you is going in and often it does and its some lame, weak shot that THEIR 70 goalie should have been letting in all game but instead he makes the most acrobatic saves while mine watches a 20mph wrister trickle through his legs and into the net.

What strategies will make my goalie play to his attribute levels? Why do low rated goalies steal games way too often for a team that has zero business being in the game, let alone winning? Again, getting video of these things doesnt work because you always tell us theres not enough info in the video, OR not even having the full info yourself will make a claim that its a user error somehow.

Instead of becoming defensive and just repeating that DDA doesnt exist, try to understand that US as your customers are telling you we dont like something about the game (and it has zero to do with how we play) and something is off. Once you accept that, we can move on to discussing why we feel these things happen and work on ideas together to remedy the issue, but simply coming and telling us it doesnt exist and to get video you then say isnt enough is getting tiring for all im sure and its getting us nowhere.
  • EA_Aljo

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Apologies for the confusion. I took their saying the other player was awful to mean there's a difference in skill. I'm not sure what they meant then if they aren't talking about a difference in skill. So, if you could point out where in that clip his team is handcuffed, I'll review it. So far, I'm not seeing any noticeable slowness with their players. To me, it looks like you're outplaying your opponent.

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Apologies for the confusion. I took their saying the other player was awful to mean there's a difference in skill. I'm not sure what they meant then if they aren't talking about a difference in skill. So, if you could point out where in that clip his team is handcuffed, I'll review it. So far, I'm not seeing any noticeable slowness with their players. To me, it looks like you're outplaying your opponent.

No problem bud we’re in this together trying to fix not blame. I cannot pinpoint to a specific moment as all of 4 minutes I could see the OP could not complete. It’s like a fast car but out of gas.
    I skated through the match with ease and OP couldn’t move. When you’re in the game you feel it by your controller how everything is so responsive but OP I’m sure felt it different. He couldn’t skate the puck out his D zone, I was intercepting all with ease. Btw ping was 13-15-11 and that’s what I saw on my end. It is frustrating to play a fast game like hockey and not being able to move. I’ve had players curse me out at the end of the game because they had all stars and I had all bums.
    If this could be somehow fixed that both players had equal playing field (connection or whatever else is involved) I’m positive this discussion would go away. I remember playing in NHL 13 and the only way to lose there was based on skill and how high caliber players you had.
    That’s the way it is supposed to play for everyone to have fun and not get angry with the game.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Socair wrote: »

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Connection to server is the culprit IMO. Unless you’re both playing on the same ping with a clean line, one side is usually in better shape connection wise. You see the same thing in shooters; you can unload a whole clip into another player and not kill them, yet it looks like you die from two shots (or other way around).
    Thank you for input as well I appreciate it.
    Ping was 13-15-11 on my end.
    My point in this discussion is that it would be awesome when two combatants have equal playing field. Win or lose it would be still a lot fun as the outcome will depend on your roster as well as you move your fingers on the controller.
    Gotta tell ya bud fix this issue and this game is of the charts in my eyes. Love this game and graphics but this kills me.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • EA_Aljo
    Socair wrote: »

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

My point in this discussion is that it would be awesome when two combatants have equal playing field. Win or lose it would be still a lot fun as the outcome will depend on your roster as well as you move your fingers on the controller.
    Gotta tell ya bud fix this issue and this game is of the charts in my eyes. Love this game and graphics but this kills me.

We're not aware of any issues with this but will certainly keep an eye out for it. So far, we haven't seen any evidence that one side is slower than the other. For reasons other than not having as good a connection as your opponent.
  • When the AI decide that you have the advantage anything can happen! Yesterday, I was playing in a Squad battlewith my 89 oveall team. Playing a 76 overall team at Superstar. 3 goals in the first 4 shots on net. Quick invincible tic-tac-toe, shot from side... One of them, 77 overall Herik Zetterberg just intercept a slap shot standing 3 feet in front of Shae Weber. No, he didnt block, he just intercept the hard slap shot from that close and just score a between de leg goal on breakaway! There's so much problems in this game!

Anyone of you have ever try to just intercept a slap shot just 3 feet from the defender? When the game decide that it's time to cheat, you cant do anything!

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

We're not aware of any issues with this but will certainly keep an eye out for it. So far, we haven't seen any evidence that one side is slower than the other. For reasons other than not having as good a connection as your opponent.

Not aware of issues? Weve been trying to figure out fatman lag for years and im pretty sure youve been made aware, no?

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Thank you sir that’s all I’m asking for.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • EA_Aljo

Yep - pointless

Thanks in advance bud.

Not aware of issues? Weve been trying to figure out fatman lag for years and im pretty sure youve been made aware, no?

We're aware of the reports, but haven't been able to reproduce it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!