EA Forums - Banner

Poor mechanic with video

I did everything I was supposed to do. This can't be chalked up to the puck pick-up/one timer blend. Should never happen. Fix it.

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3266 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Yeah you defenetly got the upper hand in that situation..

Thats pretty much the only(!) option he got, and from a position far out..

I wish the goalies could be abit more active when the puck sometimes go right under their nose.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

I wish the goalies could be abit more active when the puck sometimes go right under their nose.

I'm less concerned with my goalie and more concerned with the puck going through a solid object that was put in proper position by using a defensive mechanism that ended up not working "as intended". They should probably look into that.
  • EA_Aljo
    2706 posts EA Community Manager

I did everything I was supposed to do. This can't be chalked up to the puck pick-up/one timer blend. Should never happen. Fix it.

Thanks for the video. Definitely appreciate your capturing this. I'll pass it on to the dev team.
  • Ooh nice catch homeboy!

You contributes to a better game.

• I did everything I was supposed to do. This can't be chalked up to the puck pick-up/one timer blend. Should never happen. Fix it.

Ya that was brutal. Good job on capturing it
  • I wonder how this kinda things work, if they can see exactly witch program code that fail in this situation and then just fix it somehow...
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

I'm less concerned with my goalie and more concerned with the puck going through a solid object that was put in proper position by using a defensive mechanism that ended up not working "as intended". They should probably look into that.

This happens in hut quite a bit as well very frustrating ,great clip hope this gets fixed
  • EA_Aljo
    edited October 2020
    @Stovetop9620

I found out why this happened and it's being looked into. When the defender dropped to block the pass, his stick clipped through the goalie's stick. When your stick passes through an object, it can't affect the puck. That's why it passed through the shaft of the stick, but obviously, we don't want that to happen in this situation. The dev team is now aware of this and will investigate it. Thank you again for the video. That absolutely helped and has brought this to our attention.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    A clip from reddit ,I guess this guy's player didn't want the puck ..lol ...click to watch

• "When your stick passes through an object, it can't affect the puck" .

Aha thats mainly to protect the puck carrier but in this case everything went wrong.

Good it happen.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Stovetop9620

I found out why this happened and it's being looked into. When the defender dropped to block the pass, his stick clipped through the goalie's stick. When your stick passes through an object, it can't affect the puck. That's why it passed through the shaft of the stick, but obviously, we don't want that to happen in this situation. The dev team is now aware of this and will investigate it. Thank you again for the video. That absolutely helped and has brought this to our attention.

so any time your stick touches any other object in this game your entire stick disappears for a period of time? I'm cool with that happening on bodies but nothing else.

is it only the goalie's stick? other players sticks don't do that right? otherwise you could just dangle through a crowd full of sticks and never lose the puck since all their sticks can't affect the puck
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @Stovetop9620

so any time your stick touches any other object in this game your entire stick disappears for a period of time? I'm cool with that happening on bodies but nothing else.

is it only the goalie's stick? other players sticks don't do that right? otherwise you could just dangle through a crowd full of sticks and never lose the puck since all their sticks can't affect the puck

This occurs anytime your stick passes through an object. If you clip through the puck carrier's stick, it's going to cause incidental contact and possibly knock the puck loose, but basically, it doesn't let your stick affect the puck when it shouldn't. Like when your stick clips through the back of the net. You shouldn't be able to make contact with the puck in that case.
  • Stovetop9620
    455 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @Stovetop9620

I see. Makes sense. Can't poke through the net, etc. Probably put in when nerds were diving into the goalie a few years back. Thanks dude
  • EA_Aljo
    @Stovetop9620

I see. Makes sense. Can't poke through the net, etc. Probably put in when nerds were diving into the goalie a few years back. Thanks dude

No problem. Glad to help.