EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Patch/Suggestions To Improve Experience

Replies

• Bruanor59
    14 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Cowan72 wrote: »
    Old school player here, since 94!
    * can we have a stat breakdown or a more specific description as to what the abilities do? Does strength multiply on just about everything? Does awareness effect ability to pass, score and pickup loose pucks? Does one time wonder increase the shot stat by 2 or 5? It would be awesome if we could have a more transparent perspective on our player builds.

Yes, I would very much like to understand what the parameters affect.
    For example:
    The accuracy of the throw is more affected by fatigue, speed, accuracy parameter, opponent's resistance? How much does it affect?
    How is the pass parameter related to the hand-eye parameter? Is it precision? Is this the power of the pass? Is this lifting the puck?
    Will you please do the training? just make a page on the site with explanations. Many questions to the game will be closed.
    The dissatisfaction of many players is due to a lack of understanding of the basic mechanics of the game. But there are simply no opportunities to study and understand these game mechanics.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    Bruanor59 wrote: »

* what happened to being able to customize the camera angle? I play defense and I remember being able to pan to camera angle down so I could see my outlet passes better while also having a closer perspective than overhead. Now we just have cookie cutters that aren’t efficient for defense in my opinion. Please give customization options.

Indeed, playing as a defender, you need to have a close enough camera to control your opponent.
    You need to see the puck and see the net. Now on most cameras, playing as a defender is uncomfortable.
    Because there are disgusting moments when the camera runs away, the space behind the net is lost from view, and sometimes the net itself. (and this is many times per match)

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereMiniatureSparrowVoteYea-e6mTPwVSehbqcMLP

defenders really want a convenient camera

vq15dvtzkt6g.png

Which camera are you using? It looks like Zone. It also looks like you might have the camera focused on the puck. Have you tried the hybrid view where you hold down the button that switches between focus on the poke/your player for a few seconds?
  • Bruanor59 wrote: »

* what happened to being able to customize the camera angle? I play defense and I remember being able to pan to camera angle down so I could see my outlet passes better while also having a closer perspective than overhead. Now we just have cookie cutters that aren’t efficient for defense in my opinion. Please give customization options.

Indeed, playing as a defender, you need to have a close enough camera to control your opponent.
    You need to see the puck and see the net. Now on most cameras, playing as a defender is uncomfortable.
    Because there are disgusting moments when the camera runs away, the space behind the net is lost from view, and sometimes the net itself. (and this is many times per match)

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereMiniatureSparrowVoteYea-e6mTPwVSehbqcMLP

defenders really want a convenient camera

vq15dvtzkt6g.png

As a defender I'm using Zone camera but you have to switch the focus on your player (small button with windows on Xbox controller) instead of the puck.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited May 25
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Which camera are you using? It looks like Zone. It also looks like you might have the camera focused on the puck. Have you tried the hybrid view where you hold down the button that switches between focus on the poke/your player for a few seconds?

This is super annoying though and very distracting and cumbersome to use. Dmen need a better camera
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Aljo
    IceLion68 wrote: »

This is super annoying though and very distracting and cumbersome to use. Dmen need a better camera

Are you saying it's annoying and distracting to have to hold down that button for a couple seconds?
  • As a defender “zone” with the focus on my player works perfectly for myself.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Are you saying it's annoying and distracting to have to hold down that button for a couple seconds?
    Actually, I was thinking of something else. I am just learning about the hybrid camera thing. I have been using the select to toggle between looking at my guy and looking up ice (this is the thing I was referring to as being "distracting and cumbersome")... but I guess this is something else? I will have to try this out tonight. Is this actually documented in the controls?
  • JJKAYLER36
    37 posts Member
    edited May 27
    This is just the Presentation aspects of the EASHL 3v3/6v6 experience:

A Live Club Room: When you join a club and select your club game select, your player assumes the uniform of the club you are associated with and other players get a preview of how their player will be presented on the ice and does some basic warmups. Although this is ok, it is very boring to look at, and even there’s a problem where your player goes “all shadow” and you have to reset the game.
    I would take this a step further and show your teammates standing with you in the same room (similar as NBA 2K2X’s REC Room)

Game intro: I would like to see all players from both teams get highlighted for a *key* Statistic/milestone as they are introduced skating around the ice in a TV like presentation. Also an interesting stat or milestone about both clubs before the faceoff.
    Replays and Intermissions: The current replay presentation is pretty solid but there should be Quicker Replays between goals. And shorter intermissions of 15-20 seconds.

Post Game: The basic Home win needs to be more exciting to at least involve the human players and not the computer skaters celebrating. Post-game celebrations with teammates would be nice and exiting to look at whether it’s a emote or not. Also it would be neat to have the option of handshakes after eashl club games.
    Post edited by JJKAYLER36 on
  • EA_Aljo

Actually, I was thinking of something else. I am just learning about the hybrid camera thing. I have been using the select to toggle between looking at my guy and looking up ice (this is the thing I was referring to as being "distracting and cumbersome")... but I guess this is something else? I will have to try this out tonight. Is this actually documented in the controls?

It's not detailed in the controller settings, unfortunately. It's just something that's been in the game for a while now.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

It's not detailed in the controller settings, unfortunately. It's just something that's been in the game for a while now.

it seems to work with some cameras but not others?
  • EA_Aljo

I haven't tested each camera, but that might be the case. I only use Zone so I haven't been able to try it out on all of them.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    And shorter intermissions of 15-20 seconds.
    I liked your other ideas but I will be the voice of dissent on this point. 30s is just fine IMO. Lots of folks need that time between periods to fix a setting, take a quick bathroom break etc.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

I haven't tested each camera, but that might be the case. I only use Zone so I haven't been able to try it out on all of them.

Good afternoon!
    I unfortunately didn't understand what a "hybrid" camera is (my English is bad enough). Please tell us in more detail.
    I tried to hold down the touchpad for a few seconds with the "zone" camera selected.
    (Now I think I should have turned the autoscale on or off?)
    Nothing has changed, the fixation is either on the puck or on the player.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

It doesnt seem to work on Classic
  • EA_Aljo
    Bruanor59 wrote: »

Good afternoon!
    I unfortunately didn't understand what a "hybrid" camera is (my English is bad enough). Please tell us in more detail.
    I tried to hold down the touchpad for a few seconds with the "zone" camera selected.
    (Now I think I should have turned the autoscale on or off?)
    Nothing has changed, the fixation is either on the puck or on the player.

What this does is change the focus so you have both your player and the puck on screen. The camera zooms out when the puck is farther away from your player. When holding down the button, you should see the camera shift to your player and then to the hybrid view. It won't be that noticeable until the puck gets farther away from your player. It's a habit for me to do this during the first faceoff. You can see the camera shift twice. Once it happens the second time, you're on the hybrid puck/player view.
  • are we going to see an adjustment the fighting system? We have been throwing right hooks and uppercuts for 12 years! Honestly, the right arm is a little sore and my left arm is sick of being an anchor to some dude's shirt. It needs some love and be able to be involved in some hockey fighting. Real NHL players who fight use combination of boxing and ufc wrestling tactics

Currently size and weight doesn't matter in fighting as punching, blocking, and pushing are not honored in terms of physics and programming
    I HATE the people who just cower and hide and wait for the ref to break up the fight.
    There are frequent times where fights are not finished and resets the game to the last pause in a faceoff.
    If you accept a fight that is too far away from the accepted range, the game is reset to an earlier faceoff time.
  • JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    are we going to see an adjustment the fighting system? We have been throwing right hooks and uppercuts for 12 years! Honestly, the right arm is a little sore and my left arm is sick of being an anchor to some dude's shirt. It needs some love and be able to be involved in some hockey fighting. Real NHL players who fight use combination of boxing and ufc wrestling tactics

Currently size and weight doesn't matter in fighting as punching, blocking, and pushing are not honored in terms of physics and programming
    I HATE the people who just cower and hide and wait for the ref to break up the fight.
    There are frequent times where fights are not finished and resets the game to the last pause in a faceoff.
    If you accept a fight that is too far away from the accepted range, the game is reset to an earlier faceoff time.

Usually that means they had zero intention of fighting nor did they want it, because you shouldn't be forced into a fight you clearly didn't want. One of the worst in game mechanics in my opinion, is the forced fighting. I'm all for if you hit someone and it gives you the CHOICE to fight, but being forced to fight just because big idiot Enforcer D chose to is absolutely asinine.

I agree with the overall mechanics overhaul though of fighting, that's been needed for a couple years at least.

• Get rid of the Enforcer build too!

Absolutely useless player for the huge majority of the players and game.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    are we going to see an adjustment the fighting system? We have been throwing right hooks and uppercuts for 12 years! Honestly, the right arm is a little sore and my left arm is sick of being an anchor to some dude's shirt. It needs some love and be able to be involved in some hockey fighting. Real NHL players who fight use combination of boxing and ufc wrestling tactics

Usually that means they had zero intention of fighting nor did they want it, because you shouldn't be forced into a fight you clearly didn't want. One of the worst in game mechanics in my opinion, is the forced fighting. I'm all for if you hit someone and it gives you the CHOICE to fight, but being forced to fight just because big idiot Enforcer D chose to is absolutely asinine.

1000% agree. This all needs to go. Anyone remember when this used to be a player setting/preference. Never fight, sometimes fight, always fight? I am not imagining this am I?
  • Always having issues in 3s eliminator where I make it to the finals and then it gets stuck on the loading screen. Happens at least once a night for me. Losing a lot of chances at the championship bag. It's bad enough that it's random stuff I the bag and 90 percent of the items I get I don't want. Now it's taking even longer to get anything. Hope this can be fixed in 22.