EA Forums - Banner

AI dmen struggle with breakouts

As promised, AI dmen struggling. Would be nice to look into this. High off the glass, 10 foot support pass, bank pass behind the net. Help the flow!

Replies

• @EA_Aljo , I mentioned this last week. Hope you can pass this on. They continuously skate themselves into trouble and panic. Really hurts flow
  • I doubt anything major can be resolved anytime soon. A.I. gameplay logic is extremely complicated and, unfortunately, not one of EA's priorities(for any of their games).

If you look at it from a programming perspective, what do you see?

I see an attempt at "regrouping" tactics, but unfortunately all the pieces aren't in place.

What's also missing? Any kind of "chipping". Ever heard of "chip and chase"? It's never been in this game. Can the defense "chip it out" to the neutral zone if they can't find a passing option? Nope. They'll just get pinned into the outdated awful board play animations.
  • EA_Aljo
    2706 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Aljo , I mentioned this last week. Hope you can pass this on. They continuously skate themselves into trouble and panic. Really hurts flow

Thanks for the videos. It's really appreciated. It would be good to see AI players get more creative when they are having trouble finding open lanes and a receiver with little coverage. Hopefully, that happens in the future.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo , I mentioned this last week. Hope you can pass this on. They continuously skate themselves into trouble and panic. Really hurts flow

Thanks for the videos. It's really appreciated. It would be good to see AI players get more creative when they are having trouble finding open lanes and a receiver with little coverage. Hopefully, that happens in the future.

Thanks for passing it on. I agree, hopefully we get a few more options for them on breakouts. High off the glass, reversals, behind the net bank passes, better recognition of 10 foot support plays, etc. Thanks @EA_Aljo for all you do
  • If AI ever learn how to saucer pass...