EA Forums - Banner

Sticks and Legs

I have a general question.

Does anyone happen to know the reason behind why sticks basically phase through legs all the time?

And (obviously) it's not just legs. Sticks CONSTANTLY phase through EVERY part of the body, the WALL, the NET, the GOALIE...like, are sticks non-collidable? and if so, why?

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    djzeebad wrote: »

Does anyone happen to know the reason behind why sticks basically phase through legs all the time?

And (obviously) it's not just legs. Sticks CONSTANTLY phase through EVERY part of the body, the WALL, the NET, the GOALIE...like, are sticks non-collidable? and if so, why?

Sticks pass through objects because you don't have 1:1 control over the stick. You can't manually move it out of the way of players and objects. If sticks reacted to objects and players, arms would bend in ways that would break them. So, they are allowed to pass through objects and players, but cannot affect the puck for a brief window. That way, it helps simulate the time it takes for a player to get their stick in position to make a play.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Sticks pass through objects because you don't have 1:1 control over the stick. You can't manually move it out of the way of players and objects. If sticks reacted to objects and players, arms would bend in ways that would break them. So, they are allowed to pass through objects and players, but cannot affect the puck for a brief window. That way, it helps simulate the time it takes for a player to get their stick in position to make a play.

Thank you for the response!
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

EA_Aljo wrote: »

You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any other issues or questions. Thanks!