EA Forums - Banner

EA - This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Check out this video "Hockey Ultimate Team" http://www.twitch.tv/nihilistwolfe/v/797777162?sr=a

This was a huge problem in NHL 20 and it appears to be just as bad in NHL 21.

Why isn't the goalie reading the play and hugging the post?

I see this all too often. A player will either go just to far side of the net. fh, bh, fh (or bh, fh, bh), and the puck goes short side just behind the goal tender.

It's just as bad or worse than the one handed deke. 🤦‍♂️

Replies

• SturmWolfe wrote: »
    Check out this video "Hockey Ultimate Team" http://www.twitch.tv/nihilistwolfe/v/797777162?sr=a

I see this all too often. A player will either go just to far side of the net. fh, bh, fh (or bh, fh, bh), and the puck goes short side just behind the goal tender.

Spot on Wolf, the goalie bits on that bh fh bh way to much from angles that he should never bite on especially if the puck carrier has no passing option the goalie should never bite
  • EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing! We'll pass it along.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

Spot on Wolf, the goalie bits on that bh fh bh way to much from angles that he should never bite on especially if the puck carrier has no passing option the goalie should never bite

Not to defend ea but when they make scoring goals harder people, mostly elites and streamers, complained it was too tough to score. So if they made goalies that good and scores went from 6-10 goals a game to 2-4 goals a game there would be an uproar. A few years back the beta version that received a ton of praise from players made you really have to work to score but was bashed so hard by elites and streamers that by game release all the improvements where toned down to appease people. On this issue, while I agree the goalies should play better, ea is in a no win situation.

I'm right there with you I remember 19 great beta should have been one of the best , but EA proved who they really listened to with 19 and it certainly isn't this community ,but what followed and what's still happening to this series is a result of them bending the knee for them ,as long as they do in my opinion this series will never reach it's full potential