EA Forums - Banner

The META

13Next

Replies

• TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The pass interceptions at the end of 20 were fine. Not only did you intercept if your awareness was high enough, they nerfed intercepting passes when you weren't facing the puck and/or if the puck was out of your reach. There also were more deflections if you tried to pass through a group of people in front of the net.

This year, all you have to do is just keep forcing it. Miss it one play. Just try it 10 more times until you get it. Eventually, your guy is just going to stand there and do nothing when a pass that's on the ice and can be intercepted or deflection just goes right through...

..and perfectly lands on the recipients stick while going through a gaggle in front.

Goalies were better in 20 as well. Their lateral movement was key to stopping a lot of these forced one-timers but the goalies are TERRIBLE this year. I can't believe several patches went out without addressing how terrible they are.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Im no cross crease hater, but its importen to get it right.

This one.. Im Duchene infront of the net, I know what's coming, this player is good to stall the game, with help of L2.

While he's doing he's thing out in the corner I try to get as good positioning as I can infront of the net.. Im standing eye to eye with Karlsson but the pass goes between my legs..

And to add, all this happen in top speed.. Thats why Duchene don't even react on that laser..

But there's really nothing more to do here.. I got my whole team back home infront of my goalie.. But still.

And it's theese kinda plays that get me that feeling that it's impossible to stop this goal, as long as he keeps trying and forcing harder and harder.

@Sega82mega

This play is exactly what I'm talking about. This pass never gets through in hockey. It's a dumb play. It's a force. No skill required there

Im trying to be as perfect I could, thats why I move in really small adjustments infront of the net to all the time be in good positioning in terms with he's #65. Im already there, long before my team, cause I know what's coming.. But still, goes between my skates. Which makes me wonder, if a pass is charged through the roof, is there even a realistic chance to pick that puck up..?

Im so tired of chickens thats driving the same play over and over again, and dosent seem to have a clue how you play hockey, doing all they can to avoid contact, I dont want them to get any advantage by using 'flaws' in this game.

It will be a true pleasure to run this players down, the day this same type of play becomes useless.
  • nhl 20 the worstest game ever for gameplay in my book. couldn't score goal with one timer...cross crease is fine we gonna learn how to defend it
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

This one.. Im Duchene infront of the net, I know what's coming, this player is good to stall the game, with help of L2.

While he's doing he's thing out in the corner I try to get as good positioning as I can infront of the net.. Im standing eye to eye with Karlsson but the pass goes between my legs..

And to add, all this happen in top speed.. Thats why Duchene don't even react on that laser..

But there's really nothing more to do here.. I got my whole team back home infront of my goalie.. But still.

And it's theese kinda plays that get me that feeling that it's impossible to stop this goal, as long as he keeps trying and forcing harder and harder.

@Sega82mega

This play is exactly what I'm talking about. This pass never gets through in hockey. It's a dumb play. It's a force. No skill required there

Im trying to be as perfect I could, thats why I move in really small adjustments infront of the net to all the time be in good positioning in terms with he's #65. Im already there, long before my team, cause I know what's coming.. But still, goes between my skates. Which makes me wonder, if a pass is charged through the roof, is there even a realistic chance to pick that puck up..?

Im so tired of chickens thats driving the same play over and over again, and dosent seem to have a clue how you play hockey, doing all they can to avoid contact, I dont want them to get any advantage by using 'flaws' in this game.

It will be a true pleasure to run this players down, the day this same type of play becomes useless.

Sega I feel you my brother ,no matter how well you are in position the puck gets through is unrealistic and stupid
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I small post from reddit ,it's just not here that people are finding this game unrealistic , frustrating and unplayable

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/comments/jui876/theres_no_point_in_playing_this_game_until_forced/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited November 2020

@Sega82mega

Sega I feel you my brother ,no matter how well you are in position the puck gets through is unrealistic and stupid

Hehe thanks for your empathy my friend!

But to be somehow fair.

* I dont hate the game
    * I do hate how many choose to play
    * I hate how successful that way of play can be.

I need fantasy, I want to be challenge in another way, I dont want to know what the next thing to happen will be, I wanna be taking by surprise, I want to be impress by my opponent's creative way of playing.

Beacuse it's popular to force cross creases, I decided to do the opposite, force shots, not completely stupid shots, but of course I dont shot as much as this in a 'ordinarie' game. But still, forced cross creases vs forced shots 2-1

yoim82mattgd.jpg

* And I know how I works, the more close of being able to play hockey we get in this game, the more frustration I feel over the small things that still stand in my way.

• The number one go to Meta - If you don't know how to score, you can always buy yourself some speedy players, burn down the wing - pump the break - turn everything that you can/your left thumb allowd - throw the pass as fastest you can infront of the goalie, hold RS forward.

The game..? I lost.. But I was actually pretty satisfied with how nice I played. And im not that mad at the game/ the opponent's or you name it, but I cant help to feel it's a pity this boring play is so successful.

ytb0fy1gbncx.jpg
  • You're playing a game mode that allows for this style of play. Simply put, eliminate the AI and you eliminate the play style you dont enjoy playing.

Leaguegaming.com has a chat board with people that play every position for every skill level if finding an extra person or 2 is an issue.
  • You're playing a game mode that allows for this style of play. Simply put, eliminate the AI and you eliminate the play style you dont enjoy playing.

Leaguegaming.com has a chat board with people that play every position for every skill level if finding an extra person or 2 is an issue.

Im not ready to give up hope on the A.I just yet, a mather a fact, the A.I pretend to play more hockey then alot of humans do.

But you are right, there's still some areas were you can manipulate the A.I, without having to do that much. Speed up / fast stop in combination with a sharp turn.
  • Lol the META is let's make the AI on the rush extra stupid so it looks like we improved the AI 's offensive awareness and in front of their net the defensive AI can't pick off passes because the elite want to score more goals ,but the offensive AI on the fore check can , let's create a game that favors offense over defense that's the New META ...and please don't tell me that the game doesn't favor offense over defense I've posted and others have posted clips showing other wise
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    The pass interceptions at the end of 20 were fine. Not only did you intercept if your awareness was high enough, they nerfed intercepting passes when you weren't facing the puck and/or if the puck was out of your reach. There also were more deflections if you tried to pass through a group of people in front of the net.

This year, all you have to do is just keep forcing it. Miss it one play. Just try it 10 more times until you get it. Eventually, your guy is just going to stand there and do nothing when a pass that's on the ice and can be intercepted or deflection just goes right through...

..and perfectly lands on the recipients stick while going through a gaggle in front.

Goalies were better in 20 as well. Their lateral movement was key to stopping a lot of these forced one-timers but the goalies are TERRIBLE this year. I can't believe several patches went out without addressing how terrible they are.

I agree with everything but the last sentence, I can't believe they haven't patched goalie/D to be worse since they seem to go that direction with every annual release.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I can't believe several patches went out without addressing how terrible they are.

Launch Gameplay update:

wKFzWoe.png

Patch 1.2

Zc1bw2z.png

Patch 1.3

tE64iPq.png

There have been 3 patches that directly addressed goalies.

• MaskedMan2014
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    jrago73 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »

I agree with everything but the last sentence, I can't believe they haven't patched goalie/D to be worse since they seem to go that direction with every annual release.

Your best bet is to tweak the goalie sliders. If you don't play offline then your screwed.

Nice thing is increasing cross crease reaction time is effective. It is proof they could address the META. At 65 on superstar I have to really make a nice play to score on one of those. Makes it super fun.
  • then if you cant blow by the defense by just holding up on the left joystick, enter the zone and proceed to rotate the joystick in a circular motion. Likely something will open up because body checking is still a joke. Also skate in circles near the boards cause, if you do get caught with a body check, the boards absorb all the force and you still keep the puck.
  • then if you cant blow by the defense by just holding up on the left joystick, enter the zone and proceed to rotate the joystick in a circular motion. Likely something will open up because body checking is still a joke. Also skate in circles near the boards cause, if you do get caught with a body check, the boards absorb all the force and you still keep the puck.

This game is monotony.
  • So at this point I've played about 70 games in EASHL. Division 3 currently. I'm not a no-lifer by any stretch.

The META is: tap, tap, tap, puck gets passed by players who struggle intercepting, hustle down the wing, try for a cross-crease.

Not really debating stopping this. Simply asking this question: is this really fun?

I think the game is better than 20. However, my next question is: how is playing offense this way nerfed by a "skill gap"?

It takes 0 skill to play thay way and, not coincidently, 95% of players do that and "the best" will exploit this into oblivion.

On defense, there is definitely a skill-gap and I like it. On offense, according to the META, there is no skill gap.

Please discuss. In my opinion, this needs to be addressed or else this game, like the last, will get boring really fast.

And while we're at it, let's take away the trap option and force 90% of the community to learn defense. I'm by far not the best in my own end of the ice, and I lose more games because I refuse to use it and opt for the 1-2-2 red option. It's very frustrating playing team after team that have no imagination and line up on their own blue line. If the game were more wide open, there would be more balance.
  • Zezel25 wrote: »
    So at this point I've played about 70 games in EASHL. Division 3 currently. I'm not a no-lifer by any stretch.

The META is: tap, tap, tap, puck gets passed by players who struggle intercepting, hustle down the wing, try for a cross-crease.

Not really debating stopping this. Simply asking this question: is this really fun?

I think the game is better than 20. However, my next question is: how is playing offense this way nerfed by a "skill gap"?

It takes 0 skill to play thay way and, not coincidently, 95% of players do that and "the best" will exploit this into oblivion.

On defense, there is definitely a skill-gap and I like it. On offense, according to the META, there is no skill gap.

Please discuss. In my opinion, this needs to be addressed or else this game, like the last, will get boring really fast.

And while we're at it, let's take away the trap option and force 90% of the community to learn defense. I'm by far not the best in my own end of the ice, and I lose more games because I refuse to use it and opt for the 1-2-2 red option. It's very frustrating playing team after team that have no imagination and line up on their own blue line. If the game were more wide open, there would be more balance.

Yeah the defense is often terrible, especially if you don't play the offensive' meta' that almost everyone do, and you actually establish o-zone time with real hockey plays. The opponent's usally have no clue of how to defend that, and I have to play more against he's A.I and sometimes now and then 'dodge' a controled player he comes flying by with.

Both the offensive meta and defensive meta is build around 100% aggressive forecheck. And when that dosent work, it becomes a game against the A.I.. alot of people dosent really seem to know how to play this game in any other way.

And ofc same offens and defense, game after game, eventually gets pretty boring.

But what keeps me going with 21 much more then previous games is that my own game is easier to play, without getting too much affected by the opponent's way of playing.

But ofc it's still too effective to play the very same way as 95% choose to play this game, or else they wouldn’t do it. It has to be bigger consequences for thoose that dont really 'think things through' - and just go nuts back and forth.. Usally that tactic in hockey that other team can take advantage of and destroy the team that do.