EA Forums - Banner

Please fix the pass interceptions in this game

OvenMitts91
66 posts Member
edited November 2020
I get that you want to promote offense and try to keep people with zero creativity engaged but my god. You literally can’t play anticipatory defense in this game and jump/telegraph passes because 80% of the time it goes right through your guy and you wind up out of position. The bonehead D to D pass when I’m standing in the passing lane is the absolute worst example - instead of being gone on a breakaway my winger ends up in the neutral zone out of position and the guy I’m playing gets rewarded for making a -5000 hockey IQ play.

Plz fix.

Replies

• Best of luck in your endeavor. A skill gap for forwards is not encouraged. Tap, tap, tap, hustle, force pass, score, celly, stand on your head, put it on your resume. Wow!!!!!

Make sure you eat a balanced breakfast, take your vitamins, glide, feather LT, face the play, make no movement, and be 100% rocket science accurate on defense though.

Total balance (s)
  • Most of us that play D are in agreement, but there are a few holdouts that think pass interceptions are fine as is while the goals scored continue to soar at a percentage too high when combined with games played.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    Most of us that play D are in agreement, but there are a few holdouts that think pass interceptions are fine as is while the goals scored continue to soar at a percentage too high when combined with games played.

it sucks both ways. because while this is the meta and needs to be fixed, good defenders can break up most of these against average players. many have adapted and doign just that.

yet those average players will just keep forcing it time and time again. i usually play center and its bad enough i have to constantly get back in a mad scramble to cover these plays for the terrible defense (i currently play drops) take away puck and breakout pass to streaking wingers that rush to the other and and force pass into the heavy covered slot. turns into a race up and down the ice. worst thing is eventually, after about 15-20 possessions it gets through and they score and its like I can feel them saying "see, told you this would work". whats really crazy is even with the OP one timer. So many bad players rush up the ice, in great 2 on 1 rushes, and still screw it up because all they know how to do is force a cross crease at the last second even though there's only one defender and he's covering the other wing. I'm just like guys, all you had to do was stop short, slide over pass and bury the easy one timer for sure thing.

oh well
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    Most of us that play D are in agreement, but there are a few holdouts that think pass interceptions are fine as is while the goals scored continue to soar at a percentage too high when combined with games played.

it sucks both ways. because while this is the meta and needs to be fixed, good defenders can break up most of these against average players. many have adapted and doign just that.

yet those average players will just keep forcing it time and time again. i usually play center and its bad enough i have to constantly get back in a mad scramble to cover these plays for the terrible defense (i currently play drops) take away puck and breakout pass to streaking wingers that rush to the other and and force pass into the heavy covered slot. turns into a race up and down the ice. worst thing is eventually, after about 15-20 possessions it gets through and they score and its like I can feel them saying "see, told you this would work". whats really crazy is even with the OP one timer. So many bad players rush up the ice, in great 2 on 1 rushes, and still screw it up because all they know how to do is force a cross crease at the last second even though there's only one defender and he's covering the other wing. I'm just like guys, all you had to do was stop short, slide over pass and bury the easy one timer for sure thing.

oh well

What can you do...