EA Forums - Banner

Friendly Reminder That Matchmaking Is Still Awful

HoodHoppers
1486 posts Member
edited November 2020
You guys are killing your game by not having lobbies. Doubly so with no cross platform play.

Just reminding you as we've been asking for this for years. So maybe stop working on useless stuff like changing your CR system around to make... another CR system... and focus on what this game needs to bring people back.

Any intermediate player is left frustrated because drop ins is where 9 year olds play "hockey" and when they go to play Eashl Club to get away from dropins they're only met with LG NHL teams of no-lifer exploit fests.

For the past 5 years anybody with kids or a job is left out of all of the cliques that LG has created and finding new people to play with is a real time consuming chore.
Post edited by HoodHoppers on

Replies

• [quote="HoodHoppers;d-266278"]You guys are killing your game by not having lobbies. Doubly so with no cross platform play.

Just reminding you as we've been asking for this for years. So maybe stop working on useless stuff like changing your CT system around to make... another CR system... and focus on what this game needs to bring people back.

Any intermediate player is left frustrated because drop ins is where 9 year olds play "hockey" and when they go to play Eashl Club to get away from dropins they're only met with LG NHL teams of no-lifer exploit fests.

For the past 5 years anybody with kids or a job is left out of all of the cliques that LG has created and finding new people to play with is a real time consuming chore.[/quote]

Thank you! I am becoming an old man now and feel exactly the same. In chel im decent compared to what i used to be before my kids, and I can't commit to a league because well...kids lol. I play drops because its the quickest way to get a game, but the problem is that I always end up with the trolls on my team vs a group of 3 or 4 in a party.

Nobody I know buys NHL anymore so its hard for me to find fully enjoyable games with like minded people in a similar skill level. The couple times I have played club games, I was able to get some Ws but it wasn't the least bit fun because every team completely ignored the fundamentals of hockey, and went for the same go to moves all game.

There is no middle ground for guys like me. Please don't tell me to play 3's lol.
  • Also how the hell is offside time still not in the anti-griefing measures? 2nd game in a row facing another team that just has one guy go offside the entire game cuz he didn't get one pass at the beginning of the game. I'm literally typing this as I'm playing in net because all it is is whistles. Absolute joke.

So lazy, EA. Absolute laziness.
  • But Hood, if u dont play drop ins, how in the heck are you going to get your TONY THE TIGER jersey? Lol. If that doesn't show you who this game is made for, i dont know what else would.
  • literally disagree with you ( author)..

the competitive rating versus is super cool.. i love to try to raise my cr , i am 769 so far with a ranking of 70th i think..

and lobby make it easy to find bad opponent for player.. if you want to play with a friend you can still invite him.