EA Forums - Banner

This is what the cross crease has done

Replies

• Sega82mega
    2360 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I think what I miss most in this game is the wonderful feeling of just let loose the control and feel the flow, wherever it takes you. That thing I loved about playing hockey, forget about everything just follow the pace and you never really knew what would happen next...so opposite against how we humans want the world to be outside of the rink.

And thats abit opposite about how things are now... 'so what you sayin..? Let's go for a cross crease maybe? "

I want the reff to drop the puck and no more thinking.. Just play situation by situation and drops puck against the net and fight for the next thing to happen..

But maybe im dreaming to big here, cause were trapped in a game.. With certain patterns that might never go away.
  • @Sega82mega I find lots of guys playing this game like it’s nhl 20... and they are easy to defeat
  • @Sega82mega I find lots of guys playing this game like it’s nhl 20... and they are easy to defeat

I wish I saw what you see lol. In 10+ years of playing this game I’ve never seen offensive creativity as horrible as NHL 21. If you play 5 games in a night you can guarantee all 5 games will just be defending cross crease attempts the whole time. NHL 20 as bad as it was, at least had a bit more creativity offensively
  • Sega82mega
    2360 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @Sega82mega I find lots of guys playing this game like it’s nhl 20... and they are easy to defeat

I can imagine that.. But how do you do?

The thing with me, people probebly hate to meet me beacuse of that.. But I play from were the puck is.. I dont want no sketchy tactic to beat thoose guys.. Other then play strictly hockey from were the puck is.. Somehow I think I even help thoose 'one tactic guys' by playing after their rules and adjust from there.. And im probebly to stuborn for my own good, but if im gonna win, im gonna win like the real NHL teams do.. 😬😊

*or if I should rephrase the question and ask, which type of players do you mostly loose against?
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • TITAN_NHL wrote: »
    @Sega82mega I find lots of guys playing this game like it’s nhl 20... and they are easy to defeat

I wish I saw what you see lol. In 10+ years of playing this game I’ve never seen offensive creativity as horrible as NHL 21.

I agree to that.. But for my own creativity I have much more room in this game then 20.

But beacuse of other's lack of creativity, it's still frustration to loose, just beacuse they do it over and over again.. It should be impossible to succed. But sooner or later something mess up.. I hate to loose to one way players.. They shouldnt win one game.. If you already before the game know what's coming.. Of course im not perfect.. I do mistakes but the game do some mistakes too.
  • Sega82mega
    2360 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    .. And I dont really know how to say it.. But this is a game, it has it's flaws and limitations. Some plays is always suppose to work other's 50% and some probebly 0%.. Cross creases is a goal with a very high %, and good players will find that weak spot no mather how good you play defense, meanwhile the second-rate player will have it abit harder, and so on in descending order. The sad thing is, that it seems like 'everyone' have the same playstyle, the only difference is that some is just better then other's.. It's like a song on repeat, and a really bad one too, that never stops.

I know exactly how to beat them, up to a certain level.. They still do the same thing as the one that I can beat, but they can do it abit faster and abit better... Im not sayin they are bad, but their lack of creativity is really bad, which of course makes it really hard to loose to. But they know exactly how to play to make it really hard for me to have the mechanics with me instead of against me.

Thoose that do beat me.. I can tell by the way they behave, they hate every singel moment of the game, but one thing they still got, is the win, thats whats keep them going, even though they deep down hate how they got there..
  • I played a kid last night who literally would not pass the puck. He turned his back all game and circled back and forth trying to bait me to trip him. He would just spin back and forth with1 guy until me thought he could sneak the cross crease in. He scored 2 real fast this way then proceeded to watch every replay for EVERYTHING, SOi msg him and said "every replay" he replies "yes you little b". Ok cool so 2nd period starts and i know his game. I stop poking at all and just keep my player in his shooting lane (this guy had a 98.9 passing at the end cus he literally only attempted to pass like 5 times all game). I shut him down, waited for him to mess up, and came back with 3 good hard fought goals to take a 3 to 2 lead. I shut down the cross crease, he lost then started making threats saying how i played D was an exploit and that hes getting me banned.

I post this to show what kind of community ea has created by allowing people with zero hockey knowledge to be successful "playing how they want". When his cheap crap didnt work je watched every replay and i suspect tried disconnecting the game a few times.

So in short, this kid legit thought i was cheating the game because he couldnt score cross crease. People expect to score that way now because you ea have given these kids this false sense of them being any good because you leave widely hated ways of scoring as the go to move. Bottom line, kid was choking on the salt of his own tears because ea gave him the idea that cross creases were the way to score amd claimed i was cheating when he couldnt.

This is also what happens when you give a whole generation of kids trophies just for participating. Anyways, just wanted to share the anecdote of how people think the game is broke when they CANT score cross crease.....and thats a huge problem IMO.

My friends convinced me to get the game on sale.
    I just played several game and holy crap the community is what? 12 year old on average? Its the most pathetic hockey I have ever seen. Everyone doing basically what you describe but I guess I havent played in too long and am not sure how to shut down the said cross crease because 99% of the time pucks just go right through me and my teammate. I tried using active DSS to deflect the passes or to not move and let the "ai" control my interception and nothing seems to work. Going on one knee is ok sometimes if timed right.

We played 3v3s and 2 games out of 3 someone on other team dropped right off the bat and they proceeded to feed their AI cross creases that the AI would snipe in nonstop. Possibly a "strategy" to exploit cheese ai.

Anyways, the game felt awful. Im sure I can improve my defense so feel free to give tips. But overall it feels a lot like all previous years....a offense fest of 12 year old datsyuk wannabe who abuse every exploit they can all game and never care to play hockey.

Almost every names of players I see is some dumb profane name or some sort...top team is "your mom"

What a community thats left playing this awful game.
  • TITAN_NHL wrote: »

I wish I saw what you see lol. In 10+ years of playing this game I’ve never seen offensive creativity as horrible as NHL 21. If you play 5 games in a night you can guarantee all 5 games will just be defending cross crease attempts the whole time. NHL 20 as bad as it was, at least had a bit more creativity offensively

Nhl 10-11-12-13 were the last years where offense needed half a brain to be creative and score. Ever since then its been the same 2-3 goals that people fish for nonstop all game. Glorified tennis game.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    .. And I dont really know how to say it.. But this is a game, it has it's flaws and limitations. Some plays is always suppose to work other's 50% and some probebly 0%.. Cross creases is a goal with a very high %, and good players will find that weak spot no mather how good you play defense, meanwhile the second-rate player will have it abit harder, and so on in descending order. The sad thing is, that it seems like 'everyone' have the same playstyle, the only difference is that some is just better then other's.. It's like a song on repeat, and a really bad one too, that never stops.

I know exactly how to beat them, up to a certain level.. They still do the same thing as the one that I can beat, but they can do it abit faster and abit better... Im not sayin they are bad, but their lack of creativity is really bad, which of course makes it really hard to loose to. But they know exactly how to play to make it really hard for me to have the mechanics with me instead of against me.

Thoose that do beat me.. I can tell by the way they behave, they hate every singel moment of the game, but one thing they still got, is the win, thats whats keep them going, even though they deep down hate how they got there..

Its why i stopped buying the game before. Just feel frustrating whether you win or lose because its pure trash gameplay. But I guess desperate kids still care to see their names on a leaderboard of 12 year old kids.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    I played a kid last night who literally would not pass the puck. He turned his back all game and circled back and forth trying to bait me to trip him. He would just spin back and forth with1 guy until me thought he could sneak the cross crease in. He scored 2 real fast this way then proceeded to watch every replay for EVERYTHING, SOi msg him and said "every replay" he replies "yes you little b". Ok cool so 2nd period starts and i know his game. I stop poking at all and just keep my player in his shooting lane (this guy had a 98.9 passing at the end cus he literally only attempted to pass like 5 times all game). I shut him down, waited for him to mess up, and came back with 3 good hard fought goals to take a 3 to 2 lead. I shut down the cross crease, he lost then started making threats saying how i played D was an exploit and that hes getting me banned.

I post this to show what kind of community ea has created by allowing people with zero hockey knowledge to be successful "playing how they want". When his cheap crap didnt work je watched every replay and i suspect tried disconnecting the game a few times.

So in short, this kid legit thought i was cheating the game because he couldnt score cross crease. People expect to score that way now because you ea have given these kids this false sense of them being any good because you leave widely hated ways of scoring as the go to move. Bottom line, kid was choking on the salt of his own tears because ea gave him the idea that cross creases were the way to score amd claimed i was cheating when he couldnt.

This is also what happens when you give a whole generation of kids trophies just for participating. Anyways, just wanted to share the anecdote of how people think the game is broke when they CANT score cross crease.....and thats a huge problem IMO.

My friends convinced me to get the game on sale.
    I just played several game and holy crap the community is what? 12 year old on average? Its the most pathetic hockey I have ever seen. Everyone doing basically what you describe but I guess I havent played in too long and am not sure how to shut down the said cross crease because 99% of the time pucks just go right through me and my teammate. I tried using active DSS to deflect the passes or to not move and let the "ai" control my interception and nothing seems to work. Going on one knee is ok sometimes if timed right.

We played 3v3s and 2 games out of 3 someone on other team dropped right off the bat and they proceeded to feed their AI cross creases that the AI would snipe in nonstop. Possibly a "strategy" to exploit cheese ai.

Anyways, the game felt awful. Im sure I can improve my defense so feel free to give tips. But overall it feels a lot like all previous years....a offense fest of 12 year old datsyuk wannabe who abuse every exploit they can all game and never care to play hockey.

Almost every names of players I see is some dumb profane name or some sort...top team is "your mom"

What a community thats left playing this awful game.

EA created and bred the toxicity because they not only allow it but say things like "why shouldnt people play how they want?" THEY SHOULD.....they just shouldnt expect to be successful doing it when it more resembles a circus sideshow than a hockey game.

Sega82mega wrote: »

The thing with me, people probebly hate to meet me beacuse of that.. But I play from were the puck is.. I dont want no sketchy tactic to beat thoose guys.. Other then play strictly hockey from were the puck is.. Somehow I think I even help thoose 'one tactic guys' by playing after their rules and adjust from there.. And im probebly to stuborn for my own good, but if im gonna win, im gonna win like the real NHL teams do.. 😬😊

*or if I should rephrase the question and ask, which type of players do you mostly loose against?

Oh buddy! I never lose!!!!!

😂 jk jk

Usually When I lose it’s someone who gets a quick 2-3 goals in the 1st. Or I have trouble getting outta my zone, or getting in their zone.

So it’s a matter of changing my style to beat them.

I start games with puck side attack on defense and conservative offensive attack. Although... for whatever reason I almost find defend lead better at causing turnovers because my opponents count on the AI rushing. Lots of times with less space and time they can’t set up crosscrease. The thing is with the aggressive defense, if I chase with my Dman, for example, I gotta make sure I put him back in his spot after, I can’t leave him highup In the zone cuz it screws with the AI and they get confused. To be fair, in EASHL if my defensemen started chasing the point I’d be confused too 😂 so I move him to his post.

But if my opponent is picking me apart... I change it to contain puck/protect net... and experiment... if it’s better I stick with it.

I switch between all three quick breakouts if I’m having trouble getting out the zone. Usually close support and switch to stay wide if they are pressuring hard/or trapping hard as I can dump the puck better.

I usually run a 2-3 forecheck balanced with a blue line neutral zone - sometimes I switch it to red if they are going for long plays but to be fair most of these guys never pass much and are determined to rush it in. If I’m down In the game I up my forecheck to full and if i really need to I up it to a 3 man aggressive forecheck.

I don’t control my defense until the opponent is almost at my blue line, I back check with forwards. I try to make a play at my blue line to slow em down.. but if it’s my defenseman I always put him back where he belongs... don’t need oddman rushes. Oddman rushes are the reason I score and get scored against mostly.

I mix it up, it’s not often I don’t change my strategy at all. The one I change the most is usually the offensive pressure, defensive pressure and quick breakouts.

I dunno if that is helpful or not 🤷‍♀️

And also hold L2 and the stick to the forehand when you make passes ... hold x when you have the puck in scrambles ... you have a better change of retaining it or it going in the proper direction.
  • Sega82mega
    2360 posts Member
    edited November 2020

😂 jk jk

Usually When I lose it’s someone who gets a quick 2-3 goals in the 1st. Or I have trouble getting outta my zone, or getting in their zone.

I start games with puck side attack on defense and conservative offensive attack. Although... for whatever reason I almost find defend lead better at causing turnovers because my opponents count on the AI rushing. Lots of times with less space and time they can’t set up crosscrease. The thing is with the aggressive defense, if I chase with my Dman, for example, I gotta make sure I put him back in his spot after, I can’t leave him highup In the zone cuz it screws with the AI and they get confused. To be fair, in EASHL if my defensemen started chasing the point I’d be confused too 😂 so I move him to his post.

But if my opponent is picking me apart... I change it to contain puck/protect net... and experiment... if it’s better I stick with it.

I switch between all three quick breakouts if I’m having trouble getting out the zone. Usually close support and switch to stay wide if they are pressuring hard/or trapping hard as I can dump the puck better.

I usually run a 2-3 forecheck balanced with a blue line neutral zone - sometimes I switch it to red if they are going for long plays but to be fair most of these guys never pass much and are determined to rush it in. If I’m down In the game I up my forecheck to full and if i really need to I up it to a 3 man aggressive forecheck.

I don’t control my defense until the opponent is almost at my blue line, I back check with forwards. I try to make a play at my blue line to slow em down.. but if it’s my defenseman I always put him back where he belongs... don’t need oddman rushes. Oddman rushes are the reason I score and get scored against mostly.

I mix it up, it’s not often I don’t change my strategy at all. The one I change the most is usually the offensive pressure, defensive pressure and quick breakouts.

And also hold L2 and the stick to the forehand when you make passes ... hold x when you have the puck in scrambles ... you have a better change of retaining it or it going in the proper direction.

That was a fun reading, I like your style.

I find that last part with L2 and passes most interesting. I will have that in mind in tonights game. I have saved up on my champ games, so im going to give myself some wine and get into the right hockey mood and fire up the game soon.. Hehe

Have a good night!

*And I have to ask, cause you seem really to like the game, so beacuse of that it's interesting to hear what you don't like? Is there anything you wish were better?

😂 jk jk

ths is an interesting comment. what it does to hold L2 while passing?

😂 jk jk

It's about giving your player better balance..but I would like to hear what johnny2fingaz has to say about it. And how - exactly - do you use it for best result?

In general I dont like it's so hard to keep your players from spinning..when there's get to much pressure.

I’ve played some games now and it really helped me to set up more nice plays. I found passes that I could not do before.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020

😂 jk jk

It's about giving your player better balance..but I would like to hear what johnny2fingaz has to say about it. And how - exactly - do you use it for best result?

In general I dont like it's so hard to keep your players from spinning..when there's get to much pressure.

I’ve played some games now and it really helped me to set up more nice plays. I found passes that I could not do before.

Hut and VS Sega play differently because of the speed differences but the AI's just as stupid ,but I have found that you have a little more control over your players or maybe it's just me and I'm just crazy ,but then again I either play 3 of hut or vs games until I just can't stomach the game play and just turn it off
  • So im still looking for tips on shutting down cross crease. From my experience, the puc seems to go througfh sticks and skates pretty consistently.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    So im still looking for tips on shutting down cross crease. From my experience, the puc seems to go througfh sticks and skates pretty consistently.

You are not wrong I've posted as well as others on pucks getting through sticks ,legs ,skates , and bodies

😂 jk jk

You have to be holding your RS to left or right to prevent from spinning.

Also, re: what I don’t like.... hmmm I haven’t had many weak goals go in on me that made me feel like it was the game giving them a free one.

One thing i don’t like are AI defense partners in EASHL

I don’t like the menus, or how long it takes to find games

Sometimes I feel like When I put my DSS out it to the left it starts out at the right and then trips a guy

There are some glitches when the puck sticks to the boards... the fights that glitch out and add time to the game.

But I feel balance wise it’s pretty close. Maybe the only thing I think could change is more boggling pass receptions

😂 jk jk

You have to be holding your RS to left or right to prevent from spinning.

Also, re: what I don’t like.... hmmm I haven’t had many weak goals go in on me that made me feel like it was the game giving them a free one.

One thing i don’t like are AI defense partners in EASHL

I don’t like the menus, or how long it takes to find games

Sometimes I feel like When I put my DSS out it to the left it starts out at the right and then trips a guy

There are some glitches when the puck sticks to the boards... the fights that glitch out and add time to the game.

But I feel balance wise it’s pretty close. Maybe the only thing I think could change is more boggling pass receptions

Hold RS left/right the very same second you receiving the pass..? But I still think it's too complicated procedure for just to keep your player in right balance/direaction.

But I really liked that L2 tip you gave me, you use it all the time..? And only from forehand play?
  • @Sega82mega if I have time at the moment I send the pass, I hold the stick to forehand or backhand and press and hold L2. This happens less than a split second, I hold L2 just long enough not to trigger a spinorama. (And RS to the forehand is better, but backhand is better than nothing) I do it lots for long stretch passes - almost always , just a habit I developed now.