EA Forums - Banner

This is what the cross crease has done

1235Next

Replies

• Sega82mega
    2294 posts Member
    edited November 2020

How about the new one, Kid? Cut across the middle and go high far side while the goalie slides out to lunch?

However - like I've said before - often times it's the no-look hook passes that allow these players to obtain that position - not necessarily just a defensive lapse.

I think if the no-look passes get addressed - you will see players obtain this position less often due to the play not being able to develop the way they're used to.

Exactly, it's what happen after this no-look passes that is the problem. When a no-look pass is hiting it's target it develop a - really - awkward gameplay. Like the direction suddenly changes.

Almost as if a car in top speed all of the sudden would switch to reverse and continue in same speed but opposite direaction.
  • > @KidShowtime1867 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yea, I agree. Players in possession of the puck need to be held accountable for making high speed, no-look passes.
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Agreed. It can be boring to keep seeing the same passes being executed without penalty over and over.
    >
    > That being said - EA needs to keep casuals happy. As much as those of us in this forum hate to hear it - there's a balance that needs to be struck.
    >
    > There are those of us who understand and even welcome an increase in difficulty for pulling off simple things such as a basic pass or shot.
    >
    > But the majority of the people buying this game - whether it be for the first time or for the first time in a while - they want to be able to pull off the sick moves/dekes/shots that they see in the trailer with relative ease.
    >
    > Of course, 'ease' is different to everyone - and when 500,000 people buy your game every year, you're trying to balance 500,000 different thresholds for what constitutes 'ease' and eventually translates to 'fun'.
    >
    > EA wants their game to be fun and the more the game evolves and the player-base increases, the more they need to try and strike that balance of 'fun' with 'realism'.
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't think it's fair that only the 'elite' players catch the ears/eyes of the development team. They have a GameChangers group which, although some of the members have a social-media presence which usually involves being the top of their given niche (HUT, OVP, EASHL) - other members are behind the scenes petitioning for more realism.
    >
    > That's not to say the ones who stream their prominence in their niche aren't also wanting realism - NoSleeves is one who has a good balanced perspective - but I do feel that with some of the 'elite' leaderboard leaders who provide their feedback - they are wanting the game changed to benefit their play style so that their streams continue to be successful.
    >
    > Again - not saying these are the only people they get their feedback from nor am I saying EA neccesrily 'listens' to them.
    >
    > However, with their social media audience typically agreeing with everything they say - they typically have a 'louder' essence to their feedback.

I agree with you about the casuals comment. A friend of mine plays this game never been a hockey player or anything and he does it just for fun. Doesnt even know the game haha.

My question is then why in EASHL - a competitive league where casuals probably dont play let alone play in my division - isnt there some forward accountability?

If elite streamers are the ones who get the majority of the ear of EA - people who probably need to win at all costs - this game will suffer in the long run. I think their user metascore is like a 2.5 or something. Pretty indicative of the state of the game
  • I'm calling alot of the elite out in this game, it has been so backwards, for so many years, you have been able to be 'elite' without being particularly 'smart', when it comes to hockey.

If 'you' get me right, the elite is good with their hands, fast fingers, but I wouldn’t say thats the same thing of being good at the game of hockey.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > I'm calling alot of the elite out in this game, it has been so backwards, for so many years, you have been able to be 'elite' without being particularly 'smart', when it comes to hockey.
    >
    > If 'you' get me right, the elite is good with their hands, fast fingers, but I wouldn’t say thats the same thing of being good at the game of hockey.

Good point. Another concern. You dont need to know anything about hockey to be annoying in this game. Know how to force a pass and press up on the shoot stick and that is it. That is all you need. I think that is poor when you have to be so perfect on defense. Offense is largely a exploit fest.

I dont believe you should be a hockey expert to be great at this game but having some knowing about the game itself should help. The problem is hockey isnt programmed into the game. No plays, no simple things hockey players do. It is almost like a random skate around aimless fest.

It hurts my spirit.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > I'm calling alot of the elite out in this game, it has been so backwards, for so many years, you have been able to be 'elite' without being particularly 'smart', when it comes to hockey.
    >
    > If 'you' get me right, the elite is good with their hands, fast fingers, but I wouldn’t say thats the same thing of being good at the game of hockey.

Good point. Another concern. You dont need to know anything about hockey to be annoying in this game. Know how to force a pass and press up on the shoot stick and that is it. That is all you need. I think that is poor when you have to be so perfect on defense. Offense is largely a exploit fest.

I dont believe you should be a hockey expert to be great at this game but having some knowing about the game itself should help. The problem is hockey isnt programmed into the game. No plays, no simple things hockey players do. It is almost like a random skate around aimless fest.

It hurts my spirit.

To be brief - and it's sad - but im rarely impressed of my opponent's that beat me, all though they beat me, cant take that away from them.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    > @Sega82mega said:
    >

It hurts my spirit.

To be brief - and it's sad - but im rarely impressed of my opponent's that beat me, all though they beat me, cant take that away from them.

yes you can. They beat you using exploits while you tried to use strategy and hockey iq. They are a lesser person than you.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    > @Sega82mega said:
    >

It hurts my spirit.

yes you can. They beat you using exploits while you tried to use strategy and hockey iq. They are a lesser person than you.

Hehe perhaps..

But eventually reality will catch up.. And they ain't gonna know what hit 'em.. 😁
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hehe perhaps..
    >
    > But eventually reality will catch up.. And they ain't gonna know what hit 'em.. 😁

I saw a guy streaming have a clear cut breakaway and he pulled up and waited for a trailer to get the cross crease. He was winning 6-1 or something.

Its not EAs job to control people but if they made a better game it could avoid some of this garbage. All they have to do is make forwards be just as good as defenders have to be. Make them have some kind of skill. You do not need to have any skill to be a forward and score in this game.

2.5 user metascore...
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hehe perhaps..
    >
    > But eventually reality will catch up.. And they ain't gonna know what hit 'em.. 😁

I saw a guy streaming have a clear cut breakaway and he pulled up and waited for a trailer to get the cross crease. He was winning 6-1 or something.

Its not EAs job to control people but if they made a better game it could avoid some of this garbage. All they have to do is make forwards be just as good as defenders have to be. Make them have some kind of skill. You do not need to have any skill to be a forward and score in this game.

2.5 user metascore...

Nah it's to easy to just rush at the puck carrier in rampage and poke on everything that might move, and then continue your strive, right ahead that cross crease thats waiting for you.

But if things that KidShowtime1867 pointed out would be "fixed" I really think that would hurt thoose type of players alot.
  • Sega82mega
    2294 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Best way to describe the speed in my games.

If your'e old enough to remember VHS, I use to record NHL games on that to watch later.

And when you press the fast-forward button, the game was just flying by. Looked pretty funny.

Sort of the same feeling when I play this game. Everything happen in ultra-rapid.

*And I do think this behind the back passes that looks like a hook probebly is a side effect because of the speed. If same pass would happen in a much slower pace, im sure it wouldn’t look so crazy.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • Yeah you know you've overdone the passing when I'm complaining about passing being OP.