EA Forums - Banner

When is the next tuner coming?

1235Next

Replies

• Would it even matter , when they won't fix the real issues in the game

Tuners have potential to make the game way more balanced than any patches can. For some reason 0 tuners this year so far bc these guys probably think game is at a balanced state now. smh
  • This game is far from balanced
  • youtu.be/qtELGKQ0_eg?t=29
    youtu.be/lCthMk8hMpQ?t=73

I played close 200 6s games this year and have yet to make this save even once, never seen the opposing goalie make this save either. It was somewhat common to make this save in previous year if you are in good position or read the play and butterfly slide across in time. I seen the animation trigger a few times this year but its literally impossible to make this save. Was this taken out on purpose or is it a glitch that's making it impossible to make this save this year? This was the most satisfying and rewarding save for human goalie to make and of course you guys took it out. Why?
    @NHLDev
  • ovenmitts19
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    The “game” isn’t that bad.

The online sliders however, are terrible. You can get the game to a state that is reasonably balanced and realistic offline. The issue is that it would make the game too hard and force people to play hockey and employ some semblance of hockey IQ which the majority of the player base has no clue how to do.

Maybe the solution is cross platform play, and split the player base on arcade vs ultra slim sliders instead of 90 different game modes. Or an “ultra sim” online versus mode that has interceptions maxed out, pass reception ease and puck control at its lowest setting, stumble threshold much lower, fatigue effect maxed, and game speed a touch lower, etc.

That way the former can exist for people who want to bomb down the boards 100mph all game and either fire a cross crease pass or take a short side wrist shot ad nauseam.
  • The “game” isn’t that bad.

The online sliders however, are terrible. You can get the game to a state that is reasonably balanced and realistic offline. The issue is that it would make the game too hard and force people to play hockey and employ some semblance of hockey IQ which the majority of the player base has no clue how to do.

Maybe the solution is less modes, cross platform play, and split the player base on arcade vs ultra slim sliders instead of 90 different game modes. That way the former can exist for people who want to bomb down the boards 100mph all game and either fire a cross crease or take a short side wrist shot ad nauseam.

Hehe Yup.. if a judge handed out a sentence, 'from now on you will have to play Nhl21 for the rest of your life' I wonder if same person would still after 10 years with the game, bomb down the boards 100mph for that cross crease, or if 'he' would try to develop a more fun way to play the game..

I guess I will never know... 🙄😄