EA Forums - Banner

Does Anyone Remember Slapshots?

2Next

Replies

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    Next patch will bring us the closest any EA hockey game has been to a realistic hockey experience.

Anyone wanna bet on it?

😏🥶🙄

Lmao, ill bet my soul on that one buddy, and since its EA id feel 300 percent confident.
    Next patch will bring us the closest any EA hockey game has been to a realistic hockey experience.

Anyone wanna bet on it?

😏🥶🙄

Lmao, ill bet my soul on that one buddy, and since its EA id feel 300 percent confident.

Hehe risky move.. 🧐😉👍
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Anyone wanna bet on it?

😏🥶🙄

Hehe risky move.. 🧐😉👍

You must be new round here. Lol jk Sega.
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Anyone wanna bet on it?

😏🥶🙄

Hehe risky move.. 🧐😉👍

You must be new round here. Lol jk Sega.

Hehe.

Nah but really, for me.. NHL 16-18, I hated it so much, it felt like it was impossible to play a style that were anywhere near to be real hockey, but then 19 come, and it slowly started to feel better, which gave me big hope for 20..and it was good, all though I might have been abit 'too forgiving' against it's flaws, but a big reason for that is probebly cause I feel for the developers, I just can't think they want us all to 'hate' this game, it's their 'baby' and they wanna share it with us and make us happy. Im pretty sure they are doing there best, but it hasen't really been enough. And we are pretty fast to remind them of that.. (hehe)..

But 20 that I thought was good is really bad, compare to 21..I really like the step they took with this game.. All tough there still things in the game that drives me nuts, especially no-look-blind passes, and it dosent take that much, for the gameplay to be all lop-sided, and for us to 'hate it', but I really do think, if they can get some minor fix for this game, NHL 21 can still be a really, really, solid game.

But wi'll see what happen, I like to feel enthusiasm, gives me hope, but ofc, the game can also do me mentally tired. But thoose times, I try to do something else.
  • Davanial wrote: »
    Ben said himself last year that they don't want players 'spamming' slapshots from the point. That isn't part of their so-called skill gap.

They probably read some sports blog that stated puck possession is key in the NHL, so they conflate that with TOA and want everyone to learn how to spin and twirl and deke around like it's a pick-up shinny game instead of hockey.

That's the sole reason behind the interception nerf as well, I think. They can blather on about 'active defense' but the bottom line is players learned how to better play patient, positional D and the ballerinas didn't like having their forced cross ice attempts occassionally intercepted by some guy 'just standing in front of the net' in 20's version of skillzoning.

Voila, 21 caters even more to garbage playstyles.

Thank you for bring this up .I was watching a game changers twitch stream and he also said the same thing about the pass interception ,but he did also say that EA went a little overboard and made the AI totally useless and that's not what they wanted and yes the D to D was nerfed because the elite said it took no skill to score a D to D but then again if their so elite it should be easy to prevent and what else was also nerfed was the one timer of the face off , especially from the left side,like I've been saying listening to these guys is totally taking any kind of realism out of this series ,iits really to bad because in my opinion this can actually be a pretty good game if they stop listening to the so called elite

No threat what so ever from the point is a great way to change the defensive meta to jamming 5 guys in the crease, so fun and realistic. All it really does is encourage dmen to get out of position or throw turds for rebounds. They have nerfed defenders out of the offense, nerfed them on defense again. Still some of us keep playing D so I figure next year they take away their sticks and nhl 23 will take away their skates and give forwards rocket packs.
  • Honestly the fix from the slapshot D to D spamming was really simple. A bit of a nerf to one-timer accuracy. D to D one timers rarely hit the net in the NHL and when they do, typically don't hit corners. Keep the power, just adjust the one-timer accuracy. This would be doubly effective as already one-timer accuracy is pretty jacked up in this game anyways. Offensively this year is the most boring year as a defender in this game. Defensively it's okay for the most part, aside from the times where you sit there wondering why you can't intercept a slow moving pass that just went by the blade of your stick, but overall it's a really boring position to play.

Any one of us offline tuner guys could get you an extremely fun to play experience in half a day's work. They just don't want it this way.

Also I think many people misconstrued what Ben was saying about spamming slapshots from the point.
  • Use half clappers instead of a full wind up. It has the same speed and more accuracy. The wind up only takes half the time.