EA Forums - Banner

1982 called....

They want their old laggy menus back.

How is that menus system even remotely acceptable in this day an age. Atari games had more responsive menus. I seriously challenge anyone to show me a game with such a garbage menu system made in the last 20 years. I literally cannot come up with one that I can remotely compare to this.

Why does it load everytime you click ANYTHING. Why is there so much lag trying to switch between options (going up and down or left to right between menu items)

Why do I need to click like 20 times through menu items that lag to all hell and load (and transfer 10 gig of data to servers between each menu change I assume based on the delays?) fore ages.

This is what people pay you $80 or more (hut) a year for?

I mean, what an absolute statement about the state of your gameplay when barely anyone even mentions these menus in their complaints because there are just so many other issues with the game that should be fixed first.

Im sorry, but what the heck.

PS: as a guy who hasnt played in years, took me I dont know how long to finally find out where to swap my stick side from right to left.
PS: took me an eternity to "customize my player" just to realize that I had to do it over again (cant import the exact same creation process to EASHL????) before playing online.

I should be compensated for the pain and suffering I lived through to create a character through this laggy mess not once but twice.

Jeez.

Replies

• kezz123 wrote: »
    They want their old laggy menus back.

How is that menus system even remotely acceptable in this day an age. Atari games had more responsive menus. I seriously challenge anyone to show me a game with such a garbage menu system made in the last 20 years. I literally cannot come up with one that I can remotely compare to this.

Why does it load everytime you click ANYTHING. Why is there so much lag trying to switch between options (going up and down or left to right between menu items)

Why do I need to click like 20 times through menu items that lag to all hell and load (and transfer 10 gig of data to servers between each menu change I assume based on the delays?) fore ages.

This is what people pay you $80 or more (hut) a year for?

I mean, what an absolute statement about the state of your gameplay when barely anyone even mentions these menus in their complaints because there are just so many other issues with the game that should be fixed first.

Im sorry, but what the heck.

PS: as a guy who hasnt played in years, took me I dont know how long to finally find out where to swap my stick side from right to left.
    PS: took me an eternity to "customize my player" just to realize that I had to do it over again (cant import the exact same creation process to EASHL????) before playing online.

I should be compensated for the pain and suffering I lived through to create a character through this laggy mess not once but twice.

Jeez.

Don't worry if you spend $500 for new console it will get sightly faster.
  • Don't worry if you spend $500 for new console it will get sightly faster.

Truth. Except I paid $900 🤣
  • I thought this year's game had pretty decent menus. I think the issue is more that that EA decided to do the Windows style titles instead of a more streamlined experience like they had on the PS3. Which I actually liked better anyway.
  • I thought this year's game had pretty decent menus. I think the issue is more that that EA decided to do the Windows style titles instead of a more streamlined experience like they had on the PS3. Which I actually liked better anyway.

Xbox or PS?
    Cause im on XBOX one and its BRUTAL
    SOOOO MUCH LOADDDIIINNNGGGG
    SO MUCH LAGGG
  • PS4 Pro with an internal SSD and my PS5. They both are pretty quick. A stock hard drive might be slower causing your issue. The PS5 is pretty quick.