EA Forums - Banner

Fatman lag

I have been playing this game for years now because of how much of a mess it is and one thing I truly always despised is the intermittent fatman lag in games ruining the experience.

Is this still an issue for a lot of people?

I am in Ottawa Ontario if that matters but I used to be in Quebec and experiencing this intermittently.

One game will feel like lightning speed and agility and the next one I feel like a garbage truck in a mud trail.
Meanwhile I have been playing all kinds of other online games with 0 issues. Because as usual my connection will be deemed the issue, I have moved house in a different province and still have same issue, I had issue with different xbox systems, different routers, different ISPs (Cable and DSL) and even 2 different cable providers (cable in quebec is different than cable in ontario)

New cables new house new router new modem new provider new xbox same issues ONLY with NHL. So yah....Anyone who still blame my side for the issue would be completely unqualified to troubleshoot any technical issue.

So if people are in the same area, feel free to comment how your connection is online.

PS: Im seeing this both in EASHL and in 1v1s (although I hate 1v1 and almost never play, the same issue is there from time to time.

I also have very low ping and I do end up being "party leader" often which I suspects is selected based on connection speed in EASHL. (IE: someone invites me to THEIR party and im still the captain)

Anyways.... I have absolutely 0 expectations for a fix considering how many years the issue persisted and EA not acknowledging it but why not make another post about it. it seems to be something refreshing outside of all the cross crease posts.

Replies

• Im from ottawa too and every time we match up with a qc team, it's a crapshoot on who gets the lag. Not sure why but va almost any other team its not there.
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Im from ottawa too and every time we match up with a qc team, it's a crapshoot on who gets the lag. Not sure why but va almost any other team its not there.
    Actually, Now that you say that, I remember having the same exact realization years ago. It was very surprising to me considering the qc folks are only like 1-2 hour drive away so why lag more against them compared to people in the states many hours away.

Also I play with 2 guys from Montreal Qc so maybe thats why I have it fairly regularly for whatever reason.
    Id guess some weird routing to their server maybe impacted by these 2 places somehow....not a networking expect but judging by how much lag there is in their menu screens, what if the info was constantly zigzagging to the qc player then back to server then to ontario then back to server or something weird like that.

definitely a good point to add.