EA Forums - Banner

Puck pick-ups, animations, hustle, and clunky movements

Does anyone else hate these? You pass to your dman and when he gets it takes a pick-up animation into a tug-boat style movement that makes him an easy target to lose the puck because closing speed is so over the top. Why does every reception require these burly movements?

Also, is there a way to turn hustle off? Space that should be there is gone within moments because every player can travel at top speed constantly

Replies

• Also, is there a way to turn hustle off? Space that should be there is gone within moments because every player can travel at top speed constantly

If there was, im sure the hockey god would have done that for a long time ago.

Unfortunately we have to live with that, but I wish it could be more punished to constantly mash the hustle.

Would love to hear and see how a comp-season with no possibility to hustle would play out, I guess everyone would feel a relief.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If there was, im sure the hockey god would have done that for a long time ago.
    >
    > Unfortunately we have to live with that, but I wish it could be more punished to constantly mash the hustle.
    >
    > Would love to hear and see how a comp-season with no possibility to hustle would play out, I guess everyone would feel a relief.

I want to know why there isn't an option to turn this off. I like playing offline more than online and no matter what I do I cannot make the game "have space". The AI is all over you immediately even if you are on a 2 on 1.

Online is worse. We can have a nice defensive play and force a turn over and when it goes the other way the guys who messed up can get back into the play because they hustle. I think it is really stupid and is deliberately put into the game to cover for the people who arent any good.
  • > @Sega82mega said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If there was, im sure the hockey god would have done that for a long time ago.
    >
    > Unfortunately we have to live with that, but I wish it could be more punished to constantly mash the hustle.
    >
    > Would love to hear and see how a comp-season with no possibility to hustle would play out, I guess everyone would feel a relief.

Online is worse. We can have a nice defensive play and force a turn over and when it goes the other way the guys who messed up can get back into the play because they hustle. I think it is really stupid and is deliberately put into the game to cover for the people who arent any good.

It's defenetly a good tactic if you want to psych-out the gameplay and have no interest or whatsoever to play defense.

The trick is to 'get around/realese the pressure' from their first offensive pressure, so they don't have no other option then to move back.

But that is easier said then done..

All tough I notice if I win the draw in neutral zone, back to D, I take the puck as far out to the side as I can, and go back home around the corner and my own net.. And all this in the 'protect the puck animation'.. (hold x all the time when I skate) From where I first got the puck with my D. It works pretty good, it give you some more room, and realese he's pressure.. But I dont like you have to do this awkward goofy stuff just because you want to play hockey.