EA Forums - Banner

Do you feel that you are being rewarded for your efforts?

I find it a shame that the game does not reward effort. Most of the time I shoot a lot more often than my opponent. However, I lose regularly or the games remain very close. I shoot from everywhere, I try spectacular plays and I try to be creative ... I always have 20+ shots on goal. I would say my ratio is around 20%. If I shoot 20 times, I can score up to 5 goals. Problem is, whether it's against AI or against a human, they only need 10 shots to score at least 5. Stupid goals or always the same plays. As an example, my last Rivals game, I lost 3 to 2. A tight game, you will say. Yes, my opponent played well defensively, but I still finished the game with 21 more shots than him! And a lot more attack time. Right now, I feel the need to stop playing because I get frustrated after every game. I feel like improving my team, my game and all the effort is wasted! Seems like the game acts intentionally to always give maximum chance to the player who dominates the least!

Replies

• Trisixty66 wrote: »
    I find it a shame that the game does not reward effort. Most of the time I shoot a lot more often than my opponent. However, I lose regularly or the games remain very close. I shoot from everywhere, I try spectacular plays and I try to be creative ... I always have 20+ shots on goal. I would say my ratio is around 20%. If I shoot 20 times, I can score up to 5 goals. Problem is, whether it's against AI or against a human, they only need 10 shots to score at least 5. Stupid goals or always the same plays. As an example, my last Rivals game, I lost 3 to 2. A tight game, you will say. Yes, my opponent played well defensively, but I still finished the game with 21 more shots than him! And a lot more attack time. Right now, I feel the need to stop playing because I get frustrated after every game. I feel like improving my team, my game and all the effort is wasted! Seems like the game acts intentionally to always give maximum chance to the player who dominates the least!

Biggest problem with this game. If you get 2 people who play realistic hockey, they are fun nail biters. But, if one player decides to play the cheese, they will be rewarded with goals for their unrealistic play. Take the ability to do that out and entice people to cycle and set up to score and this game instantly becomes twice as good.

Biggest problem with this game. If you get 2 people who play realistic hockey, they are fun nail biters. But, if one player decides to play the cheese, they will be rewarded with goals for their unrealistic play. Take the ability to do that out and entice people to cycle and set up to score and this game instantly becomes twice as good.

Unrealistic hockey here is called the skill gap ,and it's really rare to find people who want to play something that resembles hockey

Unrealistic hockey here is called the skill gap ,and it's really rare to find people who want to play something that resembles hockey

Then they really need to stop using the words "sim", "realistic", and "authentic" because its straight up false advertisement.

Also, you on xb or ps? Id love more guys to play with that want to play legit hockey.

Also, you on xb or ps? Id love more guys to play with that want to play legit hockey.

Xbox I usually get on after 12 am when not working

I'm on XBox and I'm looking for players who like to play a realistic style of hockey, although I am aware that with the game dynamics we have to deal with it might be not easy. Anyway, I'd like to play against other guys who are playing a fair non-cheese game. PM.
  • And as far as the "efforts" go - I play a game here and there and the packs I get are mostly Jerseys, Logos and silver players. I've payed for a pack many years ago, and it did not contain anything more valuable than what I got from the packs I earned through playing, and so far I am fine with only having spent 2.99 USD on a pack and I certainly don't see a reason to spend any money on packs whatsoever.
  • petejenkev wrote: »
    And as far as the "efforts" go - I play a game here and there and the packs I get are mostly Jerseys, Logos and silver players. I've payed for a pack many years ago, and it did not contain anything more valuable than what I got from the packs I earned through playing, and so far I am fine with only having spent 2.99 USD on a pack and I certainly don't see a reason to spend any money on packs whatsoever.

Especially when your high rated players are outskated by scrubs anyways.
  • The main objective of HUT is to build your team and improve it by gaining better players. You can play a lot to get more packs or just spend money to by them. It's player's choice. Either way you should see the difference. It's your time and your money but the goal is to build the ultimate team. The big problem is if there's not much diffence between 70s and 90s teams... If the lowest teams got a boost to compete highest... What's the deal?

I feel you. I am the same. I try to play realistic hockey and not just abuse skill zone or (a.k.a the trap) and abuse poke checks and cross crease but it rattles me every game when I dominate my opponent and then lose by a goal or two when they had half the amount of shots that I had.... LOL But it's EA and they don't care what is being abused. They will never nerf skill zone or glitch goals because it's EA. All they care about is that people buy packs.

As they would say: If you can't beat them, join them and abuse everything on them :smile:
    The main objective of HUT is to build your team and improve it by gaining better players. You can play a lot to get more packs or just spend money to by them. It's player's choice. Either way you should see the difference. It's your time and your money but the goal is to build the ultimate team. The big problem is if there's not much diffence between 70s and 90s teams... If the lowest teams got a boost to compete highest... What's the deal?

hard to get the player or gold coin by buying packs or i just don't understand how to do it.
    The main objective of HUT is to build your team and improve it by gaining better players. You can play a lot to get more packs or just spend money to by them. It's player's choice. Either way you should see the difference. It's your time and your money but the goal is to build the ultimate team. The big problem is if there's not much diffence between 70s and 90s teams... If the lowest teams got a boost to compete highest... What's the deal?

hard to get the player or gold coin by buying packs or i just don't understand how to do it.

You get the most this year for doing event challenges, daily login, HUT Rush tiers, and things like that to complete the sets. Lots of free collectibles you can trade in for master set players or Icons. And packs or coins for placing in Rivals, HC, SB.

Despite the horrible gameplay (thanks to the momentum system which seems to have been amplified beyond belief since the last gameplay tuner), there are at least a lot of ways to acquire free stuff. But then when you have to play the horrible gameplay to enjoy the free stuff you got, it's kinda counter-intuitive.

I definitely enjoyed 16 and 17 a lot more because the gameplay was fun even if there were less ways to get free stuff.
  • Sega82mega
    2294 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Trisixty66 wrote: »

This is a good question, and no, I dont really feel that I get rewarded for my effort.

But it's a tricky question, I always play situations how I think I would do in real life, I also take alot of shots, get the momentum running, but on my other side, the opponent, usally don't see it the same way as me, and are expert of breaking the momentum/flow in the game, in he's favor. But that often means: exploiting one goal and alot of game-destroying moments.

So in the end, thats still the best tactic yet, as I see it.

To win games and try to make it look exactly like hockey, is tough because of two things, one, because the opponent usally don't want/or can play like hockey, it's hard to keep it hockey all by myself if the other side do everything he can to get it un-hockey. And 2, it's too easy for thoose that dont wanna play authentic to do so, and completely break the gameplay/flow, so you have to stop down and watch them twirl around for 2 or 3 minutes. And poff, there goes the hockey.

You get the most this year for doing event challenges, daily login, HUT Rush tiers, and things like that to complete the sets. Lots of free collectibles you can trade in for master set players or Icons. And packs or coins for placing in Rivals, HC, SB.

Despite the horrible gameplay (thanks to the momentum system which seems to have been amplified beyond belief since the last gameplay tuner), there are at least a lot of ways to acquire free stuff. But then when you have to play the horrible gameplay to enjoy the free stuff you got, it's kinda counter-intuitive.

I definitely enjoyed 16 and 17 a lot more because the gameplay was fun even if there were less ways to get free stuff.

yes i know about the free stuff. thats probably why i spent money but the return don't worth it.Man this gameplay is perfect; we can score goals by many ways and playing defense make a huge difference.i came back last year after a 15 years hiatus or so. i would say hut and gameplay make this game the best of all time. i would like to know why your opinion is the opposite,why you don't like is it about cross crease you can't defend?

yes i know about the free stuff. thats probably why i spent money but the return don't worth it.Man this gameplay is perfect; we can score goals by many ways and playing defense make a huge difference.i came back last year after a 15 years hiatus or so. i would say hut and gameplay make this game the best of all time. i would like to know why your opinion is the opposite,why you don't like is it about cross crease you can't defend?

No, I'm not a cross crease hater. I love the cross crease. I liked when it was even more "overpowered" (Early Access tuner was great!)

My problem is, this year it feels like momentum is more in charge than ever. It's causing most players I come up against to refuse to skate out of their zone unless I skate up behind them and force them to skate down, and even then, they tend to just go up again. People are just ragging too much, even at even strength off the first draw. They have to get a momentum boost before they're willing to play, so they make me skate behind them (because the game is deflecting hits now so when I skate straight into them, my player makes a curve to go behind them instead)

They need to program in an anti-rag feature, but EA has stated here that they don't even consider ragging to be a problem :(

No, I'm not a cross crease hater. I love the cross crease. I liked when it was even more "overpowered" (Early Access tuner was great!)

My problem is, this year it feels like momentum is more in charge than ever. It's causing most players I come up against to refuse to skate out of their zone unless I skate up behind them and force them to skate down, and even then, they tend to just go up again. People are just ragging too much, even at even strength off the first draw. They have to get a momentum boost before they're willing to play, so they make me skate behind them (because the game is deflecting hits now so when I skate straight into them, my player makes a curve to go behind them instead)

They need to program in an anti-rag feature, but EA has stated here that they don't even consider ragging to be a problem :(

Haha yeah I recognize that, you skate behind them to force them in to your own zone....

Feels like you herding sheep...