EA Forums - Banner

Bumping off the puck?

Can anyone help me with humping or pushing the opponent off the puck. Big hits no problem, but when back checking or chasing a guy around the neutral zone when you're close to them how do you push them? I've tried every combo of buttons and sticks. My guys just let them skate by but people I play have no issues pushing my guys. Thanks in advance

Replies

• I'd love to know this as well
  • Flick the right stick up, like in other EA games (punching in fight night). You can keep flicking it to bump repeatedly.

It has been toned down greatly because the top streamers whine non-stop when they can't skate directly through Big Z.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Flick the right stick up, like in other EA games (punching in fight night). You can keep flicking it to bump repeatedly.

It has been toned down greatly because the top streamers whine non-stop when they can't skate directly through Big Z.

You sir are correct about both
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
  • Flick the right stick up, like in other EA games (punching in fight night). You can keep flicking it to bump repeatedly.

Except ai can do it NON STOP causing that STUPID stumble animation over and over where you cant even pass or shoot.

Except ai can do it NON STOP causing that STUPID stumble animation over and over where you cant even pass or shoot.

LOLOL so true. And then their stick will magically go through your body and get the puck without tripping you. Superstar AI's need a nerf on the puck control. It's so OP and unrealistic.
  • Do i let go of everything else? And if I'm back checking do you still flick upwards or do you go downwards in the direction of skating?? (Sorry didn't see any replies until now much appreciated)

[quote="deathaddersHUT;c-2170943"]Flick the right stick up, like in other EA games (punching in fight night). You can keep flicking it to bump repeatedly.

It has been toned down greatly because the top streamers whine non-stop when they can't skate directly through Big Z.[/quote]
  • EA_Aljo
    2381 posts EA Community Manager
    Do i let go of everything else? And if I'm back checking do you still flick upwards or do you go downwards in the direction of skating?? (Sorry didn't see any replies until now much appreciated)
    Flick the right stick up, like in other EA games (punching in fight night). You can keep flicking it to bump repeatedly.

You want to flick the stick in the direction of the player with the puck. You also can just get your body in the way and use incidental contact to potentially knock the puck loose and hinder their movement. You might want to go into an offline game or practice mode to try it out and get used to the mechanics.
  • Thank you. I struggle when you're on the guys back trying to get him off the puck or they are holding onto it.

The computer teams in SB matches are always in GOD-Mode
    If and when you do manage to bump a player off the puck they immediately get their balance back and get the loose puck back on their stick before you do

The last patch broke SB’s
  • EA_Aljo

If and when you do manage to bump a player off the puck they immediately get their balance back and get the loose puck back on their stick before you do

What part of the last update broke Squad Battles. The patch notes are here. If you're having a difficult time with Squad Battles, there's always the option to play on a lower difficulty level.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

What part of the last update broke Squad Battles. The patch notes are here. If you're having a difficult time with Squad Battles, there's always the option to play on a lower difficulty level.

Personally, I don't think squad battles is broken, or even changed much. There's certain issues I have, that I'm told don't actually exist (agree to disagree), but there's nothing going on after the patch that wasn't already what I considered an issue before the patch.
  • Stephlefan6AX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 28
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

since last 1.3 update there was not update since right? so after that update i noticed CPU was deking much more,was making faster past in offence zone,etc that is for gameplay part. but again no update since 1.3 and with that update when i was opening game or changing online mode(from hut to hut rush) i was getting a popopup window that says network issue; it occur 7 out 10 times. so i thought i had problem with my hardware,modem,router,etc. my internet provider try to fix it by phone and then sent me an IT and they change all my equipement from the wall,all cables ,router, modem,etc. the problem still happening after. recently like few days ago boom no more popup saying i had network issue but another problem in game appeared; when setting a player auction in my ended auction, the player was still there saying it was already in auction. my conclusion in this is this game is broken or there is a problem in the coding. repairing something in the game via the coding make another error or problem. no i don't have video cause EA is supposed to have already game changer that are supposed to do that
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

since last 1.3 update there was not update since right? so after that update i noticed CPU was deking much more,was making faster past in offence zone,etc that is for gameplay part. but again no update since 1.3 and with that update when i was opening game or changing online mode(from hut to hut rush) i was getting a popopup window that says network issue; it occur 7 out 10 times. so i thought i had problem with my hardware,modem,router,etc. my internet provider try to fix it by phone and then sent me an IT and they change all my equipement from the wall,all cables ,router, modem,etc. the problem still happening after. recently like few days ago boom no more popup saying i had network issue but another problem in game appeared; when setting a player auction in my ended auction, the player was still there saying it was already in auction. my conclusion in this is this game is broken or there is a problem in the coding. repairing something in the game via the coding make another error or problem. no i don't have video cause EA is supposed to have already game changer that are supposed to do that

I'm not seeing other reports of these. We can go through some troubleshooting if you want to send a private message or create a separate thread for this.

As far as the changes that you mention goes, is it possible you're playing teams against higher overalls that perform those actions better?