EA Forums - Banner

Graphic bug in the dressing room

Yes, recently when we're in the CHEL EASHL club dressing room, our animated player in the centre of the screen shows as dark gray silhuette only, not even the face is discernible. This usually happens after the first game, and it's possible that backing out to the main screen might fix it, I dunno?

The above would be a minor inconvenience only, but it also affects our team Jersey on the top of the screen, so when we get an opponent (finally), both out jersey and the opponent's jersey are black (or dark grey), so it's impossible to see if we need to change our jersey. What's going on, and please fix this ASAP.

I am on PS5, team mates on PS4 (affects everybody), and North European server.

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Yes, recently when we're in the CHEL EASHL club dressing room, our animated player in the centre of the screen shows as dark gray silhuette only, not even the face is discernible. This usually happens after the first game, and it's possible that backing out to the main screen might fix it, I dunno?

The above would be a minor inconvenience only, but it also affects our team Jersey on the top of the screen, so when we get an opponent (finally), both out jersey and the opponent's jersey are black (or dark grey), so it's impossible to see if we need to change our jersey. What's going on, and please fix this ASAP.

I am on PS5, team mates on PS4 (affects everybody), and North European server.

I can confirm that, the same issue on Xbox.
  • j0rtsu67
    578 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Still alive n kickin'... Tonight we had 3-4 games without problem and boom, after that we had black silhouette after every game, had to reboot nhl every time.

Xbox.

I guess they've just ignored this one?
  • There is a rhythym. After the first game the hollow man appears. When you don't restart and play it's back to normal after the second game and get's hollow, grey, black again after that game and so on...
  • j0rtsu67
    578 posts Member
    edited January 22
    @rick-rangerous Ok, I don't want to be Slave to the Rhythm though... :D
    @EA_Aljo do you know if devs are aware of this bug?
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »

I believe they do, but I'm checking on that. As far as I know, this only occurs in the dressing room and once you're in the game it's back to normal?
  • Socair
    2633 posts Game Changer
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I believe they do, but I'm checking on that. As far as I know, this only occurs in the dressing room and once you're in the game it's back to normal?

Yeah they’re aware. It doesn’t affect gameplay, no and doesn’t seem to affect matchmaking.
  • EA_Aljo
    Socair wrote: »

Yeah they’re aware. It doesn’t affect gameplay, no and doesn’t seem to affect matchmaking.

Yep. I confirmed the dev team is aware of it. However, it's a lower priority since it's not affecting gameplay or prohibiting the game from being played. If there's news on this, it should be announced through our official channels.
  • When the goal post color is altered, the hollow man shows up after the game. That's a constant we figured out now. Maybe that helps...
  • EA_Aljo
    edited January 26
    When the goal post color is altered, the hollow man shows up after the game. That's a constant we figured out now. Maybe that helps...

Thanks for the additional details. I'll pass them on to the dev team. Quick question for you. Was this in a playoff game or before the playoffs? You shouldn't be able to change the color of the goal for the playoff arena.
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    When the goal post color is altered, the hollow man shows up after the game. That's a constant we figured out now. Maybe that helps...

Thanks for the additional details. I'll pass them on to the dev team. Quick question for you. Was this in a playoff game or before the playoffs? You shouldn't be able to change the color of the goal for the playoff arena.

The color comes from the arena of the respective home team. Sure.
  • Finals game...
  • EA_Aljo

The playoff arena doesn't use any custom attributes since it's not actually their home arena.
  • Yellow, white, purple...
    Maybe there is the error...
  • j0rtsu67
    578 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Tonight a playoff game, no team/arena editing... Black silhouette.
    Everyone had to restart NHL21.

It's not a game breaking issue, but you can't go to search opponent because you can't see their jerseys and can't be sure if they can see yours...
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

The playoff arena doesn't use any custom attributes since it's not actually their home arena.

That is the error. 100%. The colored posts are somehow taken from the team's custumization. It is crystal clear that has something to do with our hollow man.
    You play as the away team, posts are altered, you get the black, grey, hollow guy.
    We've had it twice now. No way it's not the cause. Dev team can check now. Minor issue or not...
  • EA_Aljo

That is the error. 100%. The colored posts are somehow taken from the team's custumization. It is crystal clear that has something to do with our hollow man.
    You play as the away team, posts are altered, you get the black, grey, hollow guy.
    We've had it twice now. No way it's not the cause. Dev team can check now. Minor issue or not...

Thanks for the additional details. I'll pass this on. If you notice anything else, please let us know.