EA Forums - Banner

NHL total gripe list

MaskedMan2014
124 posts Member
edited November 2020
First time thread poster. Disappointed in this game to say the least. Dont hate it but there are so many incomplete/not working elements that charging us full price for a unfinished game is bologna.

I have read the forums for a while and find that there isnt a thread where everyone vents their issues. Rather than debate each other, add in the things that annoy you the most with this game and or a wish list for things you wish were fixed or added.

Menus
- slow and laggy
- unresponsive
- takes too many clicks to get to the locker room
- roster menu
- edit lines is in grid form and you cant use L2 to cycle teams like you can in the edit player menu
- why are they in a different format?
- when you go to edit lines and set some for a team and return to the parent menu you have to recycle back to where you were. An unnecessary and cumbersome design
- 13 game modes in the main menu. Why are there so many? Not enough people play this game to justify this
- No roster sharing or slider sharing or player sharing or logo sharing or any sharing that the best major sports games have and have had for years
- In the settings menu there are too many menus. Why not combine rules/game settings?
- Some of the sliders dont work or have the wrong effects
- No create strategies, systems, plays
Be a pro
- No CHL play
- After the first year it is useless to keep playing
- The conversations make no sense
EASHL
- No real playoffs
- The only game I play that the servers are bad. Seriously no other game I own suffers so much random lag
- Taking away custom attributes completely makes the mode not worth grinding. There is no way people play this a ton for the goofy equipment. Pink skates...............
- Cross crease plays are too easy to execute. I see so many hard one timers go in when all the forward does is shovel it in like a tip. There is no visible penalty for a less than perfect pass or the position in which the forward receives it. Just press up...
- Offense takes way less skill than defense. This is reversed from reality
- Selfish play is the standard
- Base player builds are bad
- Defense is held to a higher standard by far in comparison to forwards
- Pause glitching is still existing.....
- Game is way too fast
- Hustle can be used relentlessly with no penalty
- Cannot open hockey bags at once
- AI is bad with the puck but stellar when they chase someone down
Franchise
- Record book is bugged
- Chemistry is bugged
- Coach systems are bad and bugged
- Trade screen salaries are bugged when holding salary
- No banner raising
- Why do we always have to repair the bathrooms to start???
- No league schedule
- Cannot see other teams box scores
- Box scores are limited to begin with
- Cant edit coaches
- Cant search by position in player search (for forwards)
- Draft pick trade logic is very flawed
Gameplay
- Puck pick ups/pass receptions/shot quickness are all way slower than the base speed of the game
- My tip - set game speed to 6, lower skating speed to 20, puck carrier agility to 10, acceleration to 30, agility to 30. Having the speed so high makes the animations I listed a bit faster and allows the slower skating speed to seem like a better blend
- No matter what strategy I use the AI always leaves their position and skates around without a purpose
- Superstar AI cannot figure out breakout passes and always curls away from the play without moving the puck??
- Players do not go to the slot or to the net on 3 on 1s or 2 on 1s. No trailer plays
- No high off the glass plays to get out of the zone. The dump is broken
- Cant take a hard wrist shot when trying to clear the zone
- Goalies get beat on the same shots for a decade now
- Holding the puck out to the backhand and throwing a rocket accurate pass should not be a thing
- 5 foot passes are harder to execute than long stretches
Presentation
- Crowd sounds dead and boring. Is not lively. Little excitement

That is all I have for now but will be adding to this. EA NHL has some cool things as a foundation but the execution of the whole is not worth a full priced game.
Post edited by MaskedMan2014 on

Replies

• First time thread poster. Disappointed in this game to say the least. Dont hate it but there are so many incomplete/not working elements that charging us full price for a unfinished game is bologna.

I have read the forums for a while and find that there isnt a thread where everyone vents their issues. Rather than debate each other, add in the things that annoy you the most with this game and or a wish list for things you wish were fixed or added.

Menus
    - slow and laggy
    - unresponsive
    - takes too many clicks to get to the locker room
    - roster menu
    - edit lines is in grid form and you cant use L2 to cycle teams like you can in the edit player menu
    - why are they in a different format?
    - when you go to edit lines and set some for a team and return to the parent menu you have to recycle back to where you were. An unnecessary and cumbersome design
    - 13 game modes in the main menu. Why are there so many? Not enough people play this game to justify this
    - No roster sharing or slider sharing or player sharing or logo sharing or any sharing that the best major sports games have and have had for years
    - In the settings menu there are too many menus. Why not combine rules/game settings?
    - Some of the sliders dont work or have the wrong effects
    - No create strategies, systems, plays
    Be a pro
    - No CHL play
    - After the first year it is useless to keep playing
    - The conversations make no sense
    EASHL
    - No real playoffs
    - The only game I play that the servers are bad. Seriously no other game I own suffers so much random lag
    - Taking away custom attributes completely makes the mode not worth grinding. There is no way people play this a ton for the goofy equipment. Pink skates...............
    - Cross crease plays are too easy to execute. I see so many hard one timers go in when all the forward does is shovel it in like a tip. There is no visible penalty for a less than perfect pass or the position in which the forward receives it. Just press up...
    - Offense takes way less skill than defense. This is reversed from reality
    - Selfish play is the standard
    - Base player builds are bad
    - Defense is held to a higher standard by far in comparison to forwards
    - Pause glitching is still existing.....
    - Game is way too fast
    - Hustle can be used relentlessly with no penalty
    - Cannot open hockey bags at once
    - AI is bad with the puck but stellar when they chase someone down
    Franchise
    - Record book is bugged
    - Chemistry is bugged
    - Coach systems are bad and bugged
    - Trade screen salaries are bugged when holding salary
    - No banner raising
    - Why do we always have to repair the bathrooms to start???
    - No league schedule
    - Cannot see other teams box scores
    - Box scores are limited to begin with
    - Cant edit coaches
    - Cant search by position in player search (for forwards)
    - Draft pick trade logic is very flawed
    Gameplay
    - Puck pick ups/pass receptions/shot quickness are all way slower than the base speed of the game
    - My tip - set game speed to 6, lower skating speed to 20, puck carrier agility to 10, acceleration to 30, agility to 30. Having the speed so high makes the animations I listed a bit faster and allows the slower skating speed to seem like a better blend
    - No matter what strategy I use the AI always leaves their position and skates around without a purpose
    - Superstar AI cannot figure out breakout passes and always curls away from the play without moving the puck??
    - Players do not go to the slot or to the net on 3 on 1s or 2 on 1s. No trailer plays
    - No high off the glass plays to get out of the zone. The dump is broken
    - Cant take a hard wrist shot when trying to clear the zone
    - Goalies get beat on the same shots for a decade now
    - Holding the puck out to the backhand and throwing a rocket accurate pass should not be a thing
    - 5 foot passes are harder to execute than long stretches
    Presentation
    - Crowd sounds dead and boring. Is not lively. Little excitement

That is all I have for now but will be adding to this. EA NHL has some cool things as a foundation but the execution of the whole is not worth a full priced game.

This is one of my biggest issues....they never anything. They put new stuff in and it seems like its never fully fleshed out. Then, next year instead of improving on and fixing whats already there, they add more half baked stuff onto the already half working stuff from last year just to put a new feature on the case. Honestly if the NHL 22 case said nothing but "no new features this year so we could spend a year doing QA work amd guarantee a working, enjoyable game", id probably get more excited.

Having said that though, they claimed better AI as a selling point this year, and in many ways its worse. So, theres that to think about.
  • Yup you’re 100% right with everything you said. A few things you’re missing though
    BAP:
    - Cannot get sent down to AHL/juniors
    - literally given everything on a silver platter
    - Don’t need to work for it anymore, you’re given endless chances
    - Given captaincy in your second season, even stripping it from Crosby, Weber, Toews, etc
    - Cannot roleplay anymore such as being a grinder, or an enforcer. You HAVE to be a superstar
    - You’re a 99ovr by the time you’re 22-23. Stupid.
    - The AI GMs blow up their rosters and trade crazily with no adherence to the salary cap
    Franchise mode
    - cannot edit players anymore, so can’t fix the auto generated prospects so their play styles and positions match their stats and abilities.
    - Entire trade logic is flawed for the AI GMs, Tyler Ennis can be worth as much as Patrick Kane
    - trade deadline is bugged out, freezing, or disappearing players.
    - Potential is all whacked out. Have a 23yr prospect with med elite fwd put out a 78pt season, then next season only does 46pt and drops to low top 9. That’s stupid.
    - The AI GMs don’t try to offload bad contracts. You’ll have to pay to take them, it’s ridiculous.
    - The AI GMs don’t try and sign their RFAs ever. They just sit out entire years, until they can sign them in offseason after a wasted year, or they go to UFA. waste of time, potential for that player.
  • This whole game is a complete joke. Since nhl 17 when they “overhauled” the skating and gameplay, they’ve just dumped half-attempted “features” into the game without seeing if they work or mesh properly.
    They had the audacity to call BAP “revamped” this year. That’s the biggest joke I’ve seen by a video game company.
    They took all the good bits out. Tore the walls down. And put up 1/36th inch plywood up around it and called it good to go. On release, the mode wasn’t even working properly. It STILL isn’t. Same with franchise mode.
    Both awful poor excuses for a game mode that are pointless to play.
  • I find it so insulting that they charge full price.

Keep piling the old broken stuff under the new kind of working stuff and you have this. I read in another thread the people who make this game don't respond anymore because we are hostile...yeah you basically steal from your customers and disrespect us. Of course people are upset.
  • Pile it on.
  • Lol maskedman. ryu4h3ekjcqw.png
  • They’re putting out a patch that so far doesn’t even touch BAP. And they addressed two easy bugs that don’t affect gameplay for franchise mode.

Supposedly they fixed trade values, but everyone knows that the NHL devs don’t know how to fix it Cus it’s been broken for years and years.

Yet we can’t edit players. Trade deadline breaks the game. AI GMs turn over their roster every other week. Chemistry system is garbage and broken, coach system is laughable.