EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• Sock templates in CaT to match the templates they added two games ago. Also, the “3-stripe” sock template should really have 4 (well really 5 if you want the ultimate customization package) color zones. Why can’t I replicate the blackhawks home socks in CaT? One of your jersey styles allows for but can’t be matched by any sock patter due to this limitation that drives all jersey OCD people absolutely bonkers.

More color zones to all jerseys so that arm and waist stripes aren’t paired to the same color zone. Makes creating jerseys like Notre Dame’s white jersey literally impossible.

These 2 things are a must!

You know, a few weeks ago, out of sheer curiosity, I attempted to recreate all 31 NHL teams Home and Away uniforms, and failed miserably.

I used a pass/fail system based off of logo, jersey, pants and socks.

Some teams, only one of their uniforms could be recreated accurately, while other teams Home and Away uniforms were completely wrong.

In the end, only 11 teams Home and Away jersey’s could be recreated accurately. That’s only 35%.

So, based off that fact alone, CAT is a total failure.

It’s time for a complete overhaul.
  • Efbomb wrote: »
    Sock templates in CaT to match the templates they added two games ago. Also, the “3-stripe” sock template should really have 4 (well really 5 if you want the ultimate customization package) color zones. Why can’t I replicate the blackhawks home socks in CaT? One of your jersey styles allows for but can’t be matched by any sock patter due to this limitation that drives all jersey OCD people absolutely bonkers.

More color zones to all jerseys so that arm and waist stripes aren’t paired to the same color zone. Makes creating jerseys like Notre Dame’s white jersey literally impossible.

These 2 things are a must!

You know, a few weeks ago, out of sheer curiosity, I attempted to recreate all 31 NHL teams Home and Away uniforms, and failed miserably.

I used a pass/fail system based off of logo, jersey, pants and socks.

Some teams, only one of their uniforms could be recreated accurately, while other teams Home and Away uniforms were completely wrong.

In the end, only 11 teams Home and Away jersey’s could be recreated accurately. That’s only 35%.

So, based off that fact alone, CAT is a total failure.

It’s time for a complete overhaul.

Maybe not an overhaul, but they should probably stop cutting corners and being lazy about it. Is it that hard to add in sock templates? It’s just lazy.
  • Maybe not an overhaul, but they should probably stop cutting corners and being lazy about it. Is it that hard to add in sock templates? It’s just lazy.

Alright, maybe “overhaul” is too strong a word, but it can be so fantastic, yet they refuse to put in an honorable effort.

What I’d love to see is;

Templates for every single NHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL and Euro league teams Home, Away, 3rds and throwbacks.

All of the corresponding socks and pants templates to go with them.

And, of course, a template for every single logo that’s on those jerseys.

Let’s not forget number fonts as well.

Basically, if it’s in the game, I want the template for it.

Where are the AHL logos? We’ve got NHL and ECHL, but not AHL. Why?

Where are the “custom” logos to match some of the team names that are on the “play by play” list? There’s over 500 team names, but like only 30 or so logos that match those names.

It’s things like this that drive me nuts.

CAT should be so expansive, that you can get lost in it.
  • Get rid of that stupid hook pass
  • rsandersr47
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    WoC
    1. I'm one of many that want full customization of my player and his attributes. Specializations can stay because having the ability to attach those would be really cool!
    2. Free agent drop in. Free agents can play a NON rp drop mode. "Scouts" or people within clubs can spectate these games and offer players to join their club.

HUT
    This was my first year with HUT, it was fun for a month, then I lost interest. I bought a couple packs, I grinded challenges, and got a better version of the game. Finally I challenged my friends and I had to make my team worse to make it fair.. what did I learn?

1. This mode needs a working salary cap. Look at Madden, they have a salary hit in the corner of every card and it's based on attributes and NOT on actual salary. I would go as far as to bring back seasons and make that salary cap, maybe even make HUT challenges a salary cap for added difficulty.
    - This would NOT diminish sales. You would have an influx of people playing this mode, most people are tuned off by the thought of facing people with stacked teams. After they are hooked on HUT they may want to explore modes without a salary cap because they've earned lots of coins and cards so that they can build a much better team and that gets them spending. Ofc some people will stick with salary cap and that should be fine!
    2. Team building needs overhauled, again.. look at Madden instead of finding players to fit their scheme you can buy the scheme for the player.. I don't want to earn a lidstrom of yzerman and have to decide if I want them on my team because they don't fit my scheme! I want the players I like! Having a slight boost for having lots of players from one team would be cool though (again, something Madden does)
    3. Training cards (not necessary but AGAIN Madden has this) you can get base training cards like a rookie gretzky that is maybe 70 ovr. and you can build that card up. Maybe at 70 ovr he only takes 5 from salary cap but at 99 he takes 120? Kinda forces someone to decide how high to get him, and as the salary cap slowly rises through the year you can build your cards up a tiny bit.
    4. Challenges, once again Madden is WAY better in making challenges. Scrap the challenges we currently have, make this fun!! Maybe have a circuit that takes us through facing the greatest NHL teams in history where we face stanley cup champions and they give you a little history about each team? Maybe we get a challenge where we have to beat an entire team of Gretzky? In madden I once had to face a whole team of TO. Make it fun!

Online vs
    Saved edited lines and custom team strategies that are saved to my profile so I don't have to try to edit these all on the fly when I enter a game.

Franchise
    Obviously connected franchise.. I'm not a tech genius and I guess connected franchise wasn't utilized much? Maybe find some way that it doesn't take server space?? Maybe after people discontinue using the franchise after X days then the franchise is saved only to the host game system and will be off the server until the host returns and makes it public again? I have no idea if this is possible??

Roster sharing, custom draft classes, maybe add a fake US dev team that can be edited for people to make and share realistic drafts?
    Post edited by rsandersr47 on
  • WoC
    1. I'm one of many that want full customization of my player and his attributes. Specializations can stay because having the ability to attach those would be really cool!
    2. Free agent drop in. Free agents can play a NON rp drop mode. "Scouts" or people within clubs can spectate these games and offer players to join their club.

HUT
    This was my first year with HUT, it was fun for a month, then I lost interest. I bought a couple packs, I grinded challenges, and got a better version of the game. Finally I challenged my friends and I had to make my team worse to make it fair.. what did I learn?

1. This mode needs a working salary cap. Look at Madden, they have a salary hit in the corner of every card and it's based on attributes and NOT on actual salary. I would go as far as to bring back seasons and make that salary cap, maybe even make HUT challenges a salary cap for added difficulty.
    - This would NOT diminish sales. You would have an influx of people playing this mode, most people are tuned off by the thought of facing people with stacked teams. After they are hooked on HUT they may want to explore modes without a salary cap because they've earned lots of coins and cards so that they can build a much better team and that gets them spending. Ofc some people will stick with salary cap and that should be fine!
    2. Team building needs overhauled, again.. look at Madden instead of finding players to fit their scheme you can buy the scheme for the player.. I don't want to earn a lidstrom of yzerman and have to decide if I want them on my team because they don't fit my scheme! I want the players I like! Having a slight boost for having lots of players from one team would be cool though (again, something Madden does)
    3. Training cards (not necessary but AGAIN Madden has this) you can get base training cards like a rookie gretzky that is maybe 70 ovr. and you can build that card up. Maybe at 70 ovr he only takes 5 from salary cap but at 99 he takes 120? Kinda forces someone to decide how high to get him, and as the salary cap slowly rises through the year you can build your cards up a tiny bit.
    4. Challenges, once again Madden is WAY better in making challenges. Scrap the challenges we currently have, make this fun!! Maybe have a circuit that takes us through facing the greatest NHL teams in history where we face stanley cup champions and they give you a little history about each team? Maybe we get a challenge where we have to beat an entire team of Gretzky? In madden I once had to face a whole team of TO. Make it fun!

Online vs
    Saved edited lines and custom team strategies that are saved to my profile so I don't have to try to edit these all on the fly when I enter a game.

Franchise
    Obviously connected franchise.. I'm not a tech genius and I guess connected franchise wasn't utilized much? Maybe find some way that it doesn't take server space?? Maybe after people discontinue using the franchise after X days then the franchise is saved only to the host game system and will be off the server until the host returns and makes it public again? I have no idea if this is possible??

Roster sharing, custom draft classes, maybe add a fake US dev team that can be edited for people to make and share realistic drafts?

PES has nailed the “fake team” system and it’s really something this game should’ve had for years if they had any interest in making franchise mode really in-depth. There should be an “American College” fake league that can be customized via the CaT suite ensuring no lawsuits come if it. They already don’t have roster sharing which helps that case further, and all the players can simply come from their already randomly generating CaPs that you see in franchise mode. The NCAA is a pretty significant feeder league to just not have in the game in any fashion, and it seems like something that would be relatively easy to add in a “no-risk” fashion.
  • Two things.

1. Game sliders should not have to be reset each game in be a pro. (Should have been addressed already)

2. Straight forward ways to put created players onto your desired roster.
  • I would like to see a goalie mask template so that I can have my team colors and logo on the goalie helmet in franchise mode.
  • Would be nice to have the ability to manually active puck deflections. There is too many automated animations.On '20 and '21 especially in the area of slap shots down ice that a skater will catch with his back to the play. Would especially help on the breakout passes/dumps, the fwd can chip the puck past the defenders to negate the icing like in real life. In addition make slap shots harder the further away you are. I see guys more accurate from 200 ft than from 30 feet. All you gotta do is hold up and shoot and the puck flies. Factor in body position, momentum, and angle, also make them have to aim high or low. Give the defense more ability to control the puck when it comes off the stick and the game feel more realistic instead of an arcade game of hail Marys from dman to a cherry picker.
  • [quote="JumboJoesBeard;c-2173606"]Custom music and roster share would be a good start.[/quote]
    I remember the good old days, NHL10..listening to custom music over the arena sound system in the game.
  • Only 2 feature changes I want are...

1.) Slightly higher overall created players for EASHL.
    2.) 1440(2k)/120 mode ( start catering to your esports/competitive people)

• I would like to see players in franchise mode have a “marketability” trait (that you can adjust when you edit players). When high, the trait would add to a player’s trade value and increase merch and ticket sales for the team that has him.
  • More cool 'cut scenes' if thats the word im looking for.

See some close up after a icing when two players skates near each other and move there lips..

After a goalie cover see some players that grab each other.

Before faceoffs, center-man talk to the reff.

And so on..

Would add more feelings to the game.
  • No more animations
  • 1. Roster sharing - seems to be on most lists year after year. Can't believe they haven't done this yet.

2. Revamped Franchise Mode - a revamp like be a pro got this year. Franchise mode has been relatively unchanged for many years and is getting quite stale.

2a. Real waiver rules - In franchise mode, when a player signs a contract after their ELC they are automatically waiver eligible, this is not how the actual rule works.

2b. Have the option to send 20y/o back to junior OR assign them to the AHL. In NHL 20 all 20y/o were sent back to junior, in NHL 21 all 20y/o seem to be going straight to the AHL. either of those ways are not ideal for obvious reasons, would be great to have the option

2c. No trade clauses/ no movement clauses/signing bonuses - would just add another layer to negotiations

2d. New free agency experience - in reality majority of signings happen in day 1 of free agency. I hate offering a contract to a player, having to sim 3-4 days then finding out that he signed elsewhere, while in the meantime all the other players have signed as well and I'm left with nothing

3. Home team gets last line change - I can't remember what year it was but I remember when you were the home team and the whistle was blown, in the corner of the screen you could see what line the visiting team was going to ice for the face-off which made line matching possible. Seems like an easy fix.

4. Choose what side you want the face-off after an icing, start of a power play, frozen puck from shot outside redline, or defender knocks off net unintentionally - pretty self explanatory. Just mirroring the actual rules of the sport that this game is trying to replicate.

Hopefully someone in a position to actually make some changes sees these 'wishlists' because it is frustrating that there is this huge core following of this video game, and the sport, and we buy the game every year but it seems like the same old year after year. Hopefully with the next gen systems, they are working on a complete overhaul to give us die-hards a whole new gaming experience that will be worth the price
  • mika93zibanejad
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm pretty sure NHL 22 will be the first game of this series to be on the next-gen consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X).

With that being said, my suggestion is this:

START OVER.

You have a BIG chance to start the game from near-scratch instead of taking the same game year after year and adding a couple of things each year, in which said things either A.) were in a previous edition of NHL and were since removed or B.) way overdue.

There are problems within the core of the game that I just don't think can be fixed by "touching up the code" every year. A big example of this is AI skaters.

That being said, I can see how doing this would likely be a major setback given how much time it'd take to rebuild the game, among other things. And we all know how NHL 15 turned out.

Edit: Second suggestion - listen to the players on the forums. I know some of the users on these forums can be harsh sometimes, but you shouldn't just ignore them. A lot of us have been frustrated with this series for a while now, and that should be evident by the declining ratings (NHL 20 has a 1.8/5 rating on the microsoft store :|)
  • RSall14
    597 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Remaster 14, remove one touch and stride dekes.
  • I play a lot of 3v3 and some 5v5. All drop in's. The large majority as a defense man. My wish list related to CHEL are:

1) Multiple characters slots. I like to have a normal character for drop ins, and then a silly one for threes or if I'm playing an enforcer.

2) Multiple build slots. 5 is not enough. EA keeps adding knew modes, but I have 3 different D builds, and would use 2 different builds for threes/ones. Limiting builds to 5 is outdated. Perhaps keep it at 5, but allow us 5 builds per character slot..

3) WHY not have clothing dressing rooms. This can be partially resolved by having multiple characters, but if not, I'd like to wear my threes championship jersey when playing threes. Ones I want to wear my NHL gear, drop ins i normally wear some CHEL gear.

4) Can a developer who watches NHL 3 on 3's actually be responsible for the CHEL 3 on 3. In a NHL game, players are cycling constantly in the O-zone. Forwards are often left playing back when the d man is pinching in. I'm so tired of the game saying I missed an assignment, when I have my man. It doesn't make sense. Same goes for constant 2 on 1's, I don't mind defending them, but don't blame the D man if he is in deep and the forwards watch the other team start cherry picking. Perhaps invoke some threes rules in here..

5) Ranking system needs to be re-tooled for 3 on 3. Goalie drop in's or players messing around tank a game in the first 2 to 3 minutes. Why not apply a increase in ranking for a complete win, or when the other team drops. If you are on the team that drops everyone loses rank unless you were the last person. It's frustrating to be down a goal or two, and players drop right away and the third player who did not choose to leave, is automatically booted and loses rank points.
  • 1- Custom logos, wouldn't be hard to implement a moderation system for that, 2K has had it for years with a pretty good track record

2-More jersey templates, logos(like the 90's Alts), word mark logos

3- Either fully customizable player attributes OR lose the negative aspects to the traits

4- Bring back bracket playoffs, this current format is...dumb. The best teams are not winning, the teams that play the most games are, its a broken system.

• Nhl 96 gauntlet superstars would be a fun retro career battling rewind mode.
    Madden fan since 93.