EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• Mr_VoM
    16 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Franchise mode :

- The ability to create an alternate jersey, no matter what team you have in the attempt to gain more revenues for the team

- Modify the trade values with negative value. Like a bar with red far left. To get rid of a guy with low overall and high salary, you will have to include a first round pick with him. Something like that.

- Add the 10% over the salary cap autorized rule for the off season.

- Fix the contracts when the max salary for rookies goes from 975k to 1M. There is a glitch that all RFA or non drafted UFA is asking for 1.2M one way contract which is absurd.

- Fix the contracts players are asking. I understand a young RFA is asking for more cash for longer contracts but I don't for 30 years oldish players. The longer the deal less cash he should ask cause we all know they will decline eventually. Kinda how it works in real life.

- Add no trade clauses/partial no move clauses

- Compensation in trades. 2nd transfer to a 1st if they resign the player of they goes to the final.

- Add protections on traded picks

Create a player/Edit player :

- Add the ability to decide how a created player is behaving during simulation. (Pass/Shoot) As of right now every players are shooters first. 300 to 400 shots by seasons. No matter if they are defenseman, playmaker, ect.

- Add the same slider in edit player for current players. Some Two-Way forwards or Power Forwards are more passers than shooters.

- Unlock height and weight in edit player. Alot of players are wrong.

Jerseys

- Fix Philadelphia current home and away jerseys. Been wrong for years now

- Fix Tampa Bay Lightnings current home and away jerseys.

Gameplay :

- Add one time slap pass/dump.
    Post edited by Mr_VoM on
  • Things I would like to see:

Custom logo design. I know the worry is the offensive content, but it wouldnt be hard to have a "report" function, and with logos it would be easy to see what's inappropriate.

Word Mark logos: This is something LONG overdue, and with Pittsburgh donning their wordmarks again, I think it would be a good time.

Custom Goalie masks: Same rules as the logos

More jersey templates: Include the Retros, Reverse Retros, Thirds, and alternates

Fully customizable attributes: This is something alot of EASHLers would like to see make a comeback. The current system, while in theory actually makes sense...doesnt really make sense. Player classes should not be restricted to height and weight parameters. I mean that within reason. I mean just cause you're six foot three doesnt mean you're slower than everyone else. I mean speed restrictions make sense, but right now they are way too strict.

Custom Music: I loved having my entrance to the ice tune as the "Hardy Boys" theme. Or my goal song "Kickstart my Heart"

• Manual Injuries - like they have in MLB the Show. Most players use this option to set real life injuries at the start of their Franchise and then revert it back to default to let the the RNG take over.
    Season players use it to mimic real MLB injuries as they follow along.
    Would be nice to have this along with a proper Long Term IR.
  • Moxrox84
    310 posts Member
    Let me also add something we've needed for a long time...new shot block animations that don't cause trips.
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    Things I would like to see:

Custom logo design. I know the worry is the offensive content, but it wouldnt be hard to have a "report" function, and with logos it would be easy to see what's inappropriate.

Word Mark logos: This is something LONG overdue, and with Pittsburgh donning their wordmarks again, I think it would be a good time.

Custom Goalie masks: Same rules as the logos

More jersey templates: Include the Retros, Reverse Retros, Thirds, and alternates

Fully customizable attributes: This is something alot of EASHLers would like to see make a comeback. The current system, while in theory actually makes sense...doesnt really make sense. Player classes should not be restricted to height and weight parameters. I mean that within reason. I mean just cause you're six foot three doesnt mean you're slower than everyone else. I mean speed restrictions make sense, but right now they are way too strict.

Custom Music: I loved having my entrance to the ice tune as the "Hardy Boys" theme. Or my goal song "Kickstart my Heart"

Custom goalie masks would be very interesting. Would make a great addition to the EA Sports NHL series, and NHL 22.
  • With MLB The Show coming to Xbox and supporting custom music, it's time for EA to bring this feature back.
  • PLZO24
    3 posts New member
    I'd like to see a huge update in available jerseys,
    Fisherman for Islanders
    Red/Black Sabres Jerseys
    White Lady Liberty Jersey
    Pooh Bear Bruins Jersey
    Burger King Kings Jersey
    1994 Striping Rangers Jersey
    Robo-Penguin Penguins Jerseys
  • PLZO24
    3 posts New member
    I'd also like to see changes in franchise mode:
    1. CHEL goalie pads for specific teams in Franchise mode too, not exclusively in CHEL
    2. Ability to type diagonal letters when customizing jerseys
    3. Easier trading mode
  • With MLB The Show coming to Xbox and supporting custom music, it's time for EA to bring this feature back.

Abso-friggen-lutely!
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    I'm hoping for things that others have mentioned like: custom goalie mask(s), custom music through out the game, a shop for your pro to buy/update equipment, as well as the ability to raise, skate and kiss the cup with your franchise and be a pro. Furthermore, hoping that the suggestion(s) that have been stated multiple times will help to get the in the game. Too bad though that the royalty idea that some fans have stated won't be happening. It seems like the fans put MORE into the game then EA does. EA should change their slogan from 'Its in the game' to 'The fans are in the game'.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    > @PLZO24 said:
    > I'd like to see a huge update in available jerseys,
    > Fisherman for Islanders
    > Red/Black Sabres Jerseys
    > White Lady Liberty Jersey
    > Pooh Bear Bruins Jersey
    > Burger King Kings Jersey
    > 1994 Striping Rangers Jersey
    > Robo-Penguin Penguins Jerseys

Don't for get the sabres Red alternate jeresey
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    The other thing that I'm wanting to add, is an autograph session with friends/fans before or after a game/all star game/ Stanley Cup win and/or the ability to do it for local charity events.
  • I just hope they fix the skating ...
    Offline i use speedburst...hustle or normal..
    Is awful since the ps3 days...
    For this gen this as been the biggest downfall for this series ...
    They never could get the skating right ,
    The explosion (the first step or two)never look right..
    Hockey is a fast sport .
    Another thing ...why tuners mess the game so much ..for the last two years
    Since i only play offline..i just download the patch ..when you download the tuner,the game become slow and painful to play ...

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • Also...the Islanders Fisherman jersey, the robo penguin jersey, the Blues 90's jersey, the Sens 2000's Home jersey...the Rangers wordmark...they should all be jersey templates we can use in EASHL
  • It would be cool, I dont know if it's even possible, but to see how hard your shot are when you score..

Also heavy hits.. If you could measure the force/power when you lay a thunder hit.

Might be fun to see and compare with goals and hits you've made.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    It would be cool, I dont know if it's even possible, but to see how hard your shot are when you score..

Also heavy hits.. If you could measure the force/power when you lay a thunder hit.

Might be fun to see and compare with goals and hits you've made.

They had this years ago in EASHL. When you could adjust your flex and curve on your stick. And even further back on goals...NHL 04 I think
  • Custom team presentations needs a ton of work. Crowd goes silent way too quick after goals, no chants during the game, just really boring. I’d like to see props actually used in a revamped intro where it’s dark, we have a loud PA announcer, music blasting, goal horn going, and the home team takes the ice.

I’d like to see a “vault” system like the show where teams, players, rosters can be stored in there and carried over y2y. Even if it was the current suite, no additional logo editing or whatever, I’d love not spending hours recreating teams and players.

I’d like to see the ice more chopped up in the next rendition. I feel like I don’t notice a huge difference from the start to finish. I think 2k10 did an exceptional job with making a fresh cut surface glow and I’d like to see that stand out more in this series.

I’d like to see a more streamlined way to chip the puck off the glass and short flip the puck to relieve pressure. I’d like to see goalies plant and actually have weight on rebounds. It happens occasionally in this game, but needs to happen much more to open the door for more realistic scoring opportunities.
  • 1# BRInG practice modes to Be a pro. No one wants to get better in a menu, let us improve skills in practice.

2# when people say make the game more realistic, that doesn't mean make skating different. It means make the game FEEL and RUN like a real life NHL game.

3# Bring back winter classic mode and add it to be a pro, where on January 1st your team gets to play in the game. No matter what team you're on

4# Please I beg, listen to the people, cause whenever you don't it kinda makes the game less fun for the crowd.

5# ADD ALL OF THE CURRENT GEAR THAT PPL IN THE NHL USE TO THE GAME.

6# Try and make the game more fun for those guys who mainly play offline modes, cause the ppl who don't get to play online modes, to them the game is VERY VERY bland, you can't base a game entirely off of paying to win.

7# Look at other hit sports games and take notes, they are bringing what people want to those games, and making them enjoyable.

Don' get me wrong I'm a big fan of EA NHL games, but if I'm going to be honest, they need a lot of work for fans to be satisfied with spending 50+ dollars on a game that feels like it's lacking in some places.
  • Also every year in the trailer you claim " We listened to the feedback etc...." But actually listen. It will make the game into a hit if you take time and just read or listen to what the community has to say.
  • One more:

Let people have a choice to start in college for be a pro. (if it's possible) I know the NCAA rules are weird with that type of stuff