EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• I have other wishes on this list somewhere UP HERE.

But a new one that has just occurred to me can be likely an added OPTION that shouldn't take too much coding and could be maybe customisable? (MIGHT even update NHL21 with???)

I have noticed that I have come to PREFER Playing with the Color Annoucers volume muted. Easier to listen to ques from the ICE level without distraction while playing...

But I do miss it a bit between plays... Could there be an option ADDED that could mute the Color during play and bring them in after whistles like arena HYPE MUSIC gets done...

I know it sounds weird, but like I said it would be interesting to hear them BETWEEN play ONLY and at Intermissions. Not OVER Play as an OPTIONAL SETTING.

And yeah press questions in intermissions if your player in BAP has accomplished something gamewise (Made a goal or 2 or multipul assists or combinations therein) or Carrier wise (Hit a Milestone, a Record etc...) ...

Most the time there is a interview with a goal scorer in the last period. Or a Captian if no score...

And to RE-ask. In BAP the Coaches "Ask's" need to be more relivant to game play... And not as STOCK.

If our team is ahead 5-0 coach is not likely to be "ASKING" TO HOLD THE LEAD. That's IMPLIED as a given I would think...

Also on games your Down 1-2 going to the lastv2-3mins of the 3rd. Asks might be more insights of Who seems to be open on ice and beating their coverage best. Who to get the puck too and where to shot from... Or possible Goalie/ Defence weaknesses.

That would have to be in the NHL22 / NHL23 as it's a big LOGIC rework from the groundwork SETUP in NHL21.

Oh another thing. Fix the TEAM interaction SKITS...

Always a museum or park... Sometimes it's not synced to the correct cities... Also shouldn't the BAP player be able to initiate an interaction on occasion. Or can it not always be the same player for long stints.

Covering again a desire to get a more individual chemistry of how all the players feel about you and how you may be projecting to feel about them?

A game factor that may get you passes from one player, but due to maybe a no respect for you or your playing habits a different player may look off your Pass requests more often... AGAIN LIKELY HAS TO BE ADDED TO NHL22-23

Oh and a player injury or Sornesss status. Is he nursing a possible injury that could pull him out of the game. How does it or can it factor game play.

Sore wrist due to a hard slashing may cause shoot AIM and strength to not be there as they were. May effect that game, may dwindle through a few games.

Also if you're out on an injury, better insight to how long what was the injury and maybe are there things you CAN DO while injured...

If you're ankle is sore from a hard block. And you can't play for say 4-5 games. You would still be able to Wieght Train to a degree and shooting to a degree... You probably wouldn't do sprints much. But it may be a limited benifit to recovery too...
  • NYRfan88
    2 posts New member
    1.) Game Suspensions for illegal hits/ bad penalties.

2.) New cup celebration

3.) Goalies can get hurt during user play. (mainly Be a Pro and Franchise Modes.)

4.) Coaches yelling or talking to the referees when there is a bad call or disagreement.

5.) Season and Career ending injuries. (there can be an off or on button for player choice)

6.) Playable All Star Game in Franchise and Be a Pro modes.

7.) Be able to retire at what ever age you want to in Be a Pro.

8.) Add NCAA playoff/ Pre-draft for College players in Be a Pro and Franchise modes.

9.) Bring Back outdoor games and Jerseys in Franchise and Be a Pro modes.

10.) Be able to Customize your team jerseys each off season in all modes.

11.) In Be a Pro Mode when you request a trade maybe the management can ask why and have a couple weeks to fix the problem or just trade you if they choose to not fix or can't fix the problem.

12.) Have a lot more teams offer you contracts in Be a Pro. I am the Goals and Points leader every season and I only get two offers? (One being the team I am already on.)

13.) Being able to let my Agent know what price tag I'm looking for on incoming offers in Be a Pro.

14.) Be able to do multi-team trade deals in Franchise Mode.

15.) Have Presidents and Stanley Cup Banner celebrations during the home opener in all modes.

**If you guys think of other things that could be added to this list that I forgot feel free to add them.**
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    Beating a dead horse probably, but again, shot blocking animations that don't cause trips!
  • EASHL private draft lobbies with friends and friends of friends so we don’t have to play with scrubs and trolls in drop ins.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Beating a dead horse probably, but again, shot blocking animations that don't cause trips!

This should only be happening when you drop to block a shot too close to the carrier. There's a brief window where a trip can be caused.
  • Minion1806
    posts New member
    I would like things in the game that most people have already listed so I won’t say them but their is a couple things I also want that’s not listed for starters
    A new Stanley cup celebration: this one is getting old and boring
    Stanley cup banner ceremony: this one is already in 2k nba so why not in EAs nhl
    Complete history of nhl awards: Okay how isn’t this one on yet you keep track of the past five awards why not just throw in this list
    New scoreboard: I want one that keeps track of the playoffs series you know things like series tied 1-1 BOS leads 3-0 things like that
    Things that change gameplay
    A choice to turn of cut scenes and challenges in BE A PRO: the same one over and over agin are boring
    I want the franchise mode to have a be the gm mode where you create your gm and talk to the players in person(like fifa)
    Franchise mode I want a big first day of free agency mini game like the trade deadline one
    Also GM connect would be nice
  • 1- Losing the negative aspects of the traits...they make zero sense

2- Either fix the RP system by makings wins and losses worth the same amount, or lose it altogether.

3- smoother transitions into shot block animations, right now they're so choppy.
    3.1- Shot blocking animations shouldn't cause trips, I've rarely if EVER seen a trip called on a shot block attempt IRL

4-Playoff take was interesting...needs some tweaking for sure.

5-This one kinda came to me late last night: Weekly tournaments. Now hear me out:
    i)You have the old option of "regular season" and "tournament"(and playoff when it's that time).

ii)Your team signs up for "tournament": Your first three games are placement games, almost like a round robin. After the initial round, it becomes like the old playoff system, where its a single elimination, 4 wins and you win your "tournament". EA could come up with clever names for the tournaments and banners

iii)Now let's say you log off for the night. You can come back the next day, and select "tournament" and pick up right where you left off. Just like the old playoff system, it's just random other teams who selected the tournament option

This could go hand in hand with the new playoff system, and add something to play for on the weekends
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

This should only be happening when you drop to block a shot too close to the carrier. There's a brief window where a trip can be caused.

But my point is that we have one shot block animation and it causes a LOT of trips...honestly, when was the last time you saw anyone in the NHL block a shot and trip someone?
  • EA_Aljo

But my point is that we have one shot block animation and it causes a LOT of trips...honestly, when was the last time you saw anyone in the NHL block a shot and trip someone?

NHL players typically know when they can drop to block a shot so that they don't trip someone. This is within your control. I'm not saying the couple of shot-blocking animations that we have are perfect, but you can avoid taking penalties with more disciplined use of it.
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member

NHL players typically know when they can drop to block a shot so that they don't trip someone. This is within your control. I'm not saying the couple of shot-blocking animations that we have are perfect, but you can avoid taking penalties with more disciplined use of it.

I'd say 90% of my blocks now are using hip checks (thank you elite controller), but every year I watch new animations and skills added to the offensive controls. None of those cause penalties. We're still stuck with the same "bend over and trip everything within 6 feet" animation.

I play hockey. I play defense. I block a lot of shots. I don't lay my stick down on the ice flat every time I do though. I honestly can't tell you if I've ever taken a tripping penalty in doing so; at least not with stick.

This is a valid complaint we've had for years (as evidenced by people bringing it up in this thread and many others). Defense needs some love too.
  • EA_Aljo

I'd say 90% of my blocks now are using hip checks (thank you elite controller), but every year I watch new animations and skills added to the offensive controls. None of those cause penalties. We're still stuck with the same "bend over and trip everything within 6 feet" animation.

I play hockey. I play defense. I block a lot of shots. I don't lay my stick down on the ice flat every time I do though. I honestly can't tell you if I've ever taken a tripping penalty in doing so; at least not with stick.

This is a valid complaint we've had for years (as evidenced by people bringing it up in this thread and many others). Defense needs some love too.

It would be great to see additional ways to block shots and updates for defense in general. I know the dev team is aware of the feedback we've received here about this so hopefully, we'll see changes in the future.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

I know you are probably not allowed to speak, but is there any new leagues in NHL 22 ? Can you say just yes or no ? :)
  • Did not read all yet but did someone mentionned that it would be nice to have something on the player card that says this player can be upgraded to a higher level or why not have that option for all players. Did not try yet but if you increase his value in roster does it changes in all modes or in any modes.
  • What about having the option of having multiple ultimate team in more then one league & make it so that only players playing in that league can be picked or added to the team.
  • Pierrafeu777
    28 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Sometimes I wonder what is the use of having a season mode, if you could add the option to control more than 1 team in the franchise mode it would make the season mode unecessary no ?
  • Pierrafeu777
    28 posts Member
    edited July 31
    More roster update, example I am a Montreal Canadien fan & player but where are Caufield & Romanov, where was Perry & Stall etc ?
  • Pierrafeu777
    28 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Have access to a video to show you the objective in ERH attack , like in training mode.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Choose a card of a favorite player from any team/league in 'the world' - and by playing good with that card - somehow get the chance to upgrade it.

Perhaps even downgrade it - 10 games cold-streak without a point - down 1 overall...

🤔
  • Pierrafeu777
    28 posts Member
    edited August 1
    I think I mentionned the posibility to save a game not finish & come back to it later but what about an autosave option, other games have it.
  • EA_Aljo
    FilipCroat wrote: »

I know you are probably not allowed to speak, but is there any new leagues in NHL 22 ? Can you say just yes or no ? :)

Sorry. Can't help you here. We'll have to wait and see if any new leagues are announced.