EA Forums - Banner

Constructive approach

Replies

  • Unfortunately when it comes to criticism, especially constructive criticism, it usually happens right about now and lasts a while and info for the new games release and all of the progress we make on the forums is instantly gone because people will be whining about a feature that doesn't make it into the game and the cycle starts all over again with trying to restore order between the normal trouble starters and new accounts.

    The key to being constructive and trying to help the game is staying constructive. If you look at a game like MLB THE SHOW and see how they get what they want typically because they have a good reputation for listening to the fans.

    How can we possibly expect to be listened to if 99% of the junk here isn't constructive criticism? Instead some people attack the developers when they're on here giving us answers. Sure you don't have to agree with what's being said, but appreciate that they take the time to come on here and tell us certain things. We use to have Ben Ross come on here and answer questions but I haven't seen him in awhile so that opportunity seems to be gone.

    If this series is ever going to go in the diction we want it to go we need to have open lines with the developers, however if the developers can't even come onto their own forums without getting attacked then we're doing something wrong.

    Remember something, these developers and artists are human beings too, they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, that doesn't change because they aren't making the product that some of us were hoping for.

    As a community we can all be better, we can start now. If we can be better than maybe we can have an open dialog with the developers one day and we can figure out a way to push this game forward. I don't think it's far off sports game of the year status but that's also not saying much since the bar isn't that high anymore.

    I hope that one day we can all get the game we know can be made but until then maybe we can work on treating the developers with respect and starting the process of having open lines between the devs and the community which would be nice to see.

    Happy New Year everyone
  • Unfortunately when it comes to criticism, especially constructive criticism, it usually happens right about now and lasts a while and info for the new games release and all of the progress we make on the forums is instantly gone because people will be whining about a feature that doesn't make it into the game and the cycle starts all over again with trying to restore order between the normal trouble starters and new accounts.

    The key to being constructive and trying to help the game is staying constructive. If you look at a game like MLB THE SHOW and see how they get what they want typically because they have a good reputation for listening to the fans.

    How can we possibly expect to be listened to if 99% of the junk here isn't constructive criticism? Instead some people attack the developers when they're on here giving us answers. Sure you don't have to agree with what's being said, but appreciate that they take the time to come on here and tell us certain things. We use to have Ben Ross come on here and answer questions but I haven't seen him in awhile so that opportunity seems to be gone.

    If this series is ever going to go in the diction we want it to go we need to have open lines with the developers, however if the developers can't even come onto their own forums without getting attacked then we're doing something wrong.

    Remember something, these developers and artists are human beings too, they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, that doesn't change because they aren't making the product that some of us were hoping for.

    As a community we can all be better, we can start now. If we can be better than maybe we can have an open dialog with the developers one day and we can figure out a way to push this game forward. I don't think it's far off sports game of the year status but that's also not saying much since the bar isn't that high anymore.

    I hope that one day we can all get the game we know can be made but until then maybe we can work on treating the developers with respect and starting the process of having open lines between the devs and the community which would be nice to see.

    Happy New Year everyone

    Thats the spirit im looking for. It dosent mather if you love the game or hate the game but if you can put down words with that dignity 'bruinshockey' just did, how could they not listen to that.

    I think the devs is totally fine with not everyone loving their game, but it's more about how you meet them, the criticism is often not even about the game, more about EA as a company, and then finish off with some DDA accusations. What are the devs suppose to say to that?

    We both have a responsibility, player base and Dev team, but for this to work, we both need to show some class.

    Maybe it isn't a coincidence 'people's' (not all!) behavior online can be pretty childish with elements of high toxicity..

    Happy new year, bruins!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Unfortunately when it comes to criticism, especially constructive criticism, it usually happens right about now and lasts a while and info for the new games release and all of the progress we make on the forums is instantly gone because people will be whining about a feature that doesn't make it into the game and the cycle starts all over again with trying to restore order between the normal trouble starters and new accounts.

    The key to being constructive and trying to help the game is staying constructive. If you look at a game like MLB THE SHOW and see how they get what they want typically because they have a good reputation for listening to the fans.

    How can we possibly expect to be listened to if 99% of the junk here isn't constructive criticism? Instead some people attack the developers when they're on here giving us answers. Sure you don't have to agree with what's being said, but appreciate that they take the time to come on here and tell us certain things. We use to have Ben Ross come on here and answer questions but I haven't seen him in awhile so that opportunity seems to be gone.

    If this series is ever going to go in the diction we want it to go we need to have open lines with the developers, however if the developers can't even come onto their own forums without getting attacked then we're doing something wrong.

    Remember something, these developers and artists are human beings too, they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, that doesn't change because they aren't making the product that some of us were hoping for.

    As a community we can all be better, we can start now. If we can be better than maybe we can have an open dialog with the developers one day and we can figure out a way to push this game forward. I don't think it's far off sports game of the year status but that's also not saying much since the bar isn't that high anymore.

    I hope that one day we can all get the game we know can be made but until then maybe we can work on treating the developers with respect and starting the process of having open lines between the devs and the community which would be nice to see.

    Happy New Year everyone

    Thats the spirit im looking for. It dosent mather if you love the game or hate the game but if you can put down words with that dignity 'bruinshockey' just did, how could they not listen to that.

    I think the devs is totally fine with not everyone loving their game, but it's more about how you meet them, the criticism is often not even about the game, more about EA as a company, and then finish off with some DDA accusations. What are the devs suppose to say to that?

    We both have a responsibility, player base and Dev team, but for this to work, we both need to show some class.

    Maybe it isn't a coincidence 'people's' (not all!) behavior online can be pretty childish with elements of high toxicity..

    Happy new year, bruins!

    This will sound negative but have you seen the community thats left playing this game?

    You ask for dignity and class, I cant go 2 games in a row without finding a player / team with:
    -69 as a jersey number
    -Black skin White hair, man with girl hair, etc.
    -Vulgar names in all ranges imaginable.
    -Puck raggers

    Its actually quite shocking just how bad this community got in the few years I stopped playing.
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    edited January 2
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Unfortunately when it comes to criticism, especially constructive criticism, it usually happens right about now and lasts a while and info for the new games release and all of the progress we make on the forums is instantly gone because people will be whining about a feature that doesn't make it into the game and the cycle starts all over again with trying to restore order between the normal trouble starters and new accounts.

    The key to being constructive and trying to help the game is staying constructive. If you look at a game like MLB THE SHOW and see how they get what they want typically because they have a good reputation for listening to the fans.

    How can we possibly expect to be listened to if 99% of the junk here isn't constructive criticism? Instead some people attack the developers when they're on here giving us answers. Sure you don't have to agree with what's being said, but appreciate that they take the time to come on here and tell us certain things. We use to have Ben Ross come on here and answer questions but I haven't seen him in awhile so that opportunity seems to be gone.

    If this series is ever going to go in the diction we want it to go we need to have open lines with the developers, however if the developers can't even come onto their own forums without getting attacked then we're doing something wrong.

    Remember something, these developers and artists are human beings too, they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, that doesn't change because they aren't making the product that some of us were hoping for.

    As a community we can all be better, we can start now. If we can be better than maybe we can have an open dialog with the developers one day and we can figure out a way to push this game forward. I don't think it's far off sports game of the year status but that's also not saying much since the bar isn't that high anymore.

    I hope that one day we can all get the game we know can be made but until then maybe we can work on treating the developers with respect and starting the process of having open lines between the devs and the community which would be nice to see.

    Happy New Year everyone

    Thats the spirit im looking for. It dosent mather if you love the game or hate the game but if you can put down words with that dignity 'bruinshockey' just did, how could they not listen to that.

    I think the devs is totally fine with not everyone loving their game, but it's more about how you meet them, the criticism is often not even about the game, more about EA as a company, and then finish off with some DDA accusations. What are the devs suppose to say to that?

    We both have a responsibility, player base and Dev team, but for this to work, we both need to show some class.

    Maybe it isn't a coincidence 'people's' (not all!) behavior online can be pretty childish with elements of high toxicity..

    Happy new year, bruins!

    This will sound negative but have you seen the community thats left playing this game?

    You ask for dignity and class, I cant go 2 games in a row without finding a player / team with:
    -69 as a jersey number
    -Black skin White hair, man with girl hair, etc.
    -Vulgar names in all ranges imaginable.
    -Puck raggers

    Its actually quite shocking just how bad this community got in the few years I stopped playing.

    Its a insult/attack against the sport I love. But yeah, unfortunately, this has been a problem lately. You can defenetly draw a collation between how the online world in this game looks and how the atmosphere in this community work.

    And it makes me sad, cause no side is winning by having it this way.

    I just dont know were to start... But posts like BruinsHockey08 makes me happy, there's alot of clever people out here(both from haters to 'lovers') ,.. But this 'never ending' negative attitude won't solve a thing. (and im afraid the negative-side will silence down the people that just wanna talk about improvements to the gameplay, I hardly see any talk about that, it's more, just hate, about this and that)

    + but I have to add, to be able to talk about gameplay improvements it's importen to get some feedback from developers. Cause its not that easy to talk 'gameplay' if were not 100% sure about how the mechanics works in the game.

    So if we reach out - it's importen to get something back.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited January 5
    At one point I thought that game changers program was going to be the saviour of this franchise but now it seems like the pox as it seems the influencers that are now driving the bus are sending it in this direction.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    At one point I thought that game changers program was going to be the saviour of this franchise but now it seems like the pox as it seems the influencers that are now driving the bus are sending it in this direction.

    Yep. LG/GCers ruined this entire game. There’s an entire community of people that love to pretend to know hockey, love to play virtual hockey while pretending it’s real hockey, then asking for a meta more catered to their pretend hockey.

    I just don’t understand why tuners aren’t something that can be constantly released and adjusted? Wasn’t that the point of them? To constantly tweak/adjust the meta? We’ve had almost zero utilization of what should be a great concept/tool to tune the game.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    At one point I thought that game changers program was going to be the saviour of this franchise but now it seems like the pox as it seems the influencers that are now driving the bus are sending it in this direction.

    Yep. LG/GCers ruined this entire game. There’s an entire community of people that love to pretend to know hockey, love to play virtual hockey while pretending it’s real hockey, then asking for a meta more catered to their pretend hockey.

    It just all makes me very sad. Hockey is a great game... the greatest game... but this... this no longer resembles much of what I love about the game.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    At one point I thought that game changers program was going to be the saviour of this franchise but now it seems like the pox as it seems the influencers that are now driving the bus are sending it in this direction.

    Yep. LG/GCers ruined this entire game. There’s an entire community of people that love to pretend to know hockey, love to play virtual hockey while pretending it’s real hockey, then asking for a meta more catered to their pretend hockey.

    It just all makes me very sad. Hockey is a great game... the greatest game... but this... this no longer resembles much of what I love about the game.

    It’s why I’ve pushed so much for offline improvements because there’s some instances where this game really looks good and is enjoyable. But then, the speed glitch hits, your AI skates away from a loose puck to “cover” for someone rather than just getting the puck, and any immersion/fun you were having gets ruined by the game shooting itself in the foot.

    The speed glitch/intended play modification they have programmed (can’t ever tell due to their lack of acknowledgement) being resolved/removed would be a MAJOR improvement to offline play before any AI change is made and that’s saying something.

    I gave up on online play years ago because the wrong people that play the wrong way have way too much influence and this game just doesn’t have a good enough casual community for it to be worth the effort. Online is simply never enjoyable regardless of mode or party size.
  • like this title says i'm trying to be constructive on my approach. i respect everyone opinion about the cross crease... but i think its here this year cause its nhl 94 anniversary. i like this game cause i think its balanced,we can have a 7-6 game or a 2-1 game in offline or online. Cross crease give more opportunity,you can fake it and go with a cheat goal instead... Cross crease could be defend and thats what it is making this game great. i know most of people in this forum are whining and complaining about the cross crease in majority but what about all others that are not coming here to says they like this game; cause maybe they are too busy to play the game lol

    from an old timer that came from about a14 years hiatus nhl game last year
  • "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    At one point I thought that game changers program was going to be the saviour of this franchise but now it seems like the pox as it seems the influencers that are now driving the bus are sending it in this direction.

    I couldn't agree more
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited January 6
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

    I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

    I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)
    There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

  • I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    Out of curiosity, what *are* your gripes?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

    I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)
    There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.

    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game.

    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Out of curiosity, what *are* your gripes?

    - Users are able to execute no-look, behind the back passes with 100% accuracy.
    - Users can hold the puck to their backhand/forehand and maintain momentum and speed for too many frames while also having top tier agility and balance.
    - A.I. defensive coverage in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.
    - A.I. offensive awareness in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.
    - Puck protect at low speeds is still slightly too OP.
    - Sometimes a well-timed poke check in the direction of the intended receiver on a cross-crease attempt results in the poke targeting (and then missing) the incoming puck rather than disrupting the shot and/or substantially decreasing the accuracy of a shot
    - In the same scenario (a cross-crease attempt) less skilled players can simply lay down in the passing lane, slide directly in to their goalie, but their goalie still is able to make the save.
    - Players are still able to keep control of the puck while intentionally skating directly in to the boards in order to protect their possession. Skating directly in to the boards while holding the puck should result in the puck being knocked loose.
    - Users can spam R3 poke - I know because I currently do it. The accuracy of each subsequent poke check should be reduced and eventually head in to penalty territory.
    - Interference calls for shoving players in the slot or in front of the goalie. There seems to be an area of the ice where no calls are made, but it's inconsistent at times.
    - LT still chaps me. Players still abuse it, particularly at low speeds. It needs to be nerfed.
    - Player changing needs to be fine tuned a little more. It's better this year, but I'm still finding player switching inconsistent. Icon-based switching would be ideal. RT+R3 works well for taking control of a player in front of the net, but RT+RS isn't as consistent as I'd like. I'm often flicking my stick to the right (to take control of RW) but it switches me to center. I think it needs to be tuned a little better.
    - You can't use the shoot button in the defensive zone anymore to clear the puck because it targets your own net
    - Backskating speed needs to be bumped up like 1 or 2 notches. Something just barely noticeable but effective to help quell the forwards' speed through the neutral zone.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

    I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)
    There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.

    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game.

    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Out of curiosity, what *are* your gripes?

    - Users are able to execute no-look, behind the back passes with 100% accuracy.
    - Users can hold the puck to their backhand/forehand and maintain momentum and speed for too many frames while also having top tier agility and balance.
    - A.I. defensive coverage in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.
    - A.I. offensive awareness in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.
    - Puck protect at low speeds is still slightly too OP.
    - Sometimes a well-timed poke check in the direction of the intended receiver on a cross-crease attempt results in the poke targeting (and then missing) the incoming puck rather than disrupting the shot and/or substantially decreasing the accuracy of a shot
    - In the same scenario (a cross-crease attempt) less skilled players can simply lay down in the passing lane, slide directly in to their goalie, but their goalie still is able to make the save.
    - Players are still able to keep control of the puck while intentionally skating directly in to the boards in order to protect their possession. Skating directly in to the boards while holding the puck should result in the puck being knocked loose.
    - Users can spam R3 poke - I know because I currently do it. The accuracy of each subsequent poke check should be reduced and eventually head in to penalty territory.
    - Interference calls for shoving players in the slot or in front of the goalie. There seems to be an area of the ice where no calls are made, but it's inconsistent at times.
    - LT still chaps me. Players still abuse it, particularly at low speeds. It needs to be nerfed.
    - Player changing needs to be fine tuned a little more. It's better this year, but I'm still finding player switching inconsistent. Icon-based switching would be ideal. RT+R3 works well for taking control of a player in front of the net, but RT+RS isn't as consistent as I'd like. I'm often flicking my stick to the right (to take control of RW) but it switches me to center. I think it needs to be tuned a little better.
    - You can't use the shoot button in the defensive zone anymore to clear the puck because it targets your own net
    - Backskating speed needs to be bumped up like 1 or 2 notches. Something just barely noticeable but effective to help quell the forwards' speed through the neutral zone.

    Thats one hell of a list, I think you nailed every wrong about this online game.

    I have miss you! 😊❤️👍
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Thats one hell of a list, I think you nailed every wrong about this online game.

    I have miss you! 😊❤️👍

    Yes I have missed your positivity! Happy New Year!
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1532 posts Member
    edited January 6
    It has been a while. Christmas and family have been taking up my time.

    Anyway, here are my updates:

    1. None of my friends want to play anymore.

    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam.
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan.
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike.

    We have all been playing this game together since club was introduced and now it seems like that is over. This game is not for people like us anymore. People who love hockey cannot experience the essence of the game anymore. It is speed, glitz, and goals. No strategy. Completely discouraging as I do not believe it will get better.

    2. Even when a thread is made to be constructive you have people who bring nothing to the table other than conspiracy theories, poor Aljo who has to defend the game at all costs, and not a peep from a developer. This is beating a dying horse.

    3. Given my short time here I do not find this forum helpful in anyway. So many things about this game is a mystery. The lack of customization is a buzzkill.

    4. With this said, I sign off. Contributing here is a waste of time. I wish everyone the best. For those of you who enjoy this game, I envy you. For those of you who do not, you are going to continue to be forgotten. If you want change, stop spending money on this game and load up old versions of hockey. The chances the next gen brings better change is slim. Clown gear, arcade hockey is what you will have.

    I hope 2021 is a better year for everyone.

    It's what I call fortniteification. Appealing to the lowest common denominator and keeping the smooth brains happy with clown gear and dabbing player animations between periods. (and easy non stop flow of 1timers)

    If it was just in 3s it wouldn't be so bad, but who wants to see Guy Lafleur doing a hand stand between periods while playing hut or vs? Keep that garbage to 3's. Or more ideally, entirely out of nhl altogether.
  • MaskedMan2014
    124 posts Member
    edited January 6
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

    this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

    The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

    The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

    I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

    I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)
    There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.

    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game.

    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Out of curiosity, what *are* your gripes?

    - Users are able to execute no-look, behind the back passes with 100% accuracy.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Users can hold the puck to their backhand/forehand and maintain momentum and speed for too many frames while also having top tier agility and balance.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - A.I. defensive coverage in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - A.I. offensive awareness in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Puck protect at low speeds is still slightly too OP.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Sometimes a well-timed poke check in the direction of the intended receiver on a cross-crease attempt results in the poke targeting (and then missing) the incoming puck rather than disrupting the shot and/or substantially decreasing the accuracy of a shot

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - In the same scenario (a cross-crease attempt) less skilled players can simply lay down in the passing lane, slide directly in to their goalie, but their goalie still is able to make the save.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Players are still able to keep control of the puck while intentionally skating directly in to the boards in order to protect their possession. Skating directly in to the boards while holding the puck should result in the puck being knocked loose.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Users can spam R3 poke - I know because I currently do it. The accuracy of each subsequent poke check should be reduced and eventually head in to penalty territory.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Interference calls for shoving players in the slot or in front of the goalie. There seems to be an area of the ice where no calls are made, but it's inconsistent at times.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - LT still chaps me. Players still abuse it, particularly at low speeds. It needs to be nerfed.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Player changing needs to be fine tuned a little more. It's better this year, but I'm still finding player switching inconsistent. Icon-based switching would be ideal. RT+R3 works well for taking control of a player in front of the net, but RT+RS isn't as consistent as I'd like. I'm often flicking my stick to the right (to take control of RW) but it switches me to center. I think it needs to be tuned a little better.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - You can't use the shoot button in the defensive zone anymore to clear the puck because it targets your own net

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    - Backskating speed needs to be bumped up like 1 or 2 notches. Something just barely noticeable but effective to help quell the forwards' speed through the neutral zone.

    The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)

    All in all, The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :). No look backhand passes forced through traffic are not an issue. The countless times somebody uses an actual defensive mechanic properly and still gets beat is not an issue. Holding the stick to the backhand creating a magic bubble is not an issue. None of that is a problem. The answer of course, in this thread designed to be a constructive conversation that has been hijacked by two people who intentionally fuel combative conversations and can seemingly say what they want because they support EA, is "The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)". Wow, so profound! So enlightening. Thank you so much for providing constructive thought! Deny pucks going through objects. Blame the player! The ridiculous amount of content I spent hours of my time, that I do not have a lot of and still volunteered to TRY to help this dump of a forum, compiling from many different sources means absolutely nothing. These gripes are all an illusion. The game is fine. People are, apparently, not allowed to criticize a product they spent money on. I truly hope you never leave anyone a bad review, @KidShowtime1867 . If you do, that would make you a hypocrite. Went to a restaurant and the food was poor? No big deal, you should have played better defense. Bought a car that did not operate safely? No big deal, play better defense. Bought a TV that burned out? Should have played better defense. All those examples are your fault and not the provider of these services or creators of these products. Give. Me. A. Break.

    First of all, @Stephlefan6AX , you have no idea how my friends play. Sorry, I meant played because they quit playing this game due to it's monotony. Adam, Dan, and Mike all do just fine. We play, sorry "played", real hockey and still beat the sweaty, try-hard losers who try to exploit the game about 70% of the time. Division 1 baby. You don't get there being poor. Feel free to bring your boys and challenge us sometime. Oh wait, my friends dont play anymore because the game is so "balanced". But thank you for assuming so much about people you do not know. This thread was started to try and sway the balance of this forum I have read for many years and have seen it devolve into the typical assumptions and condescension that is allowed if you are an EA sympathizer.

    Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals - assumption, presuming Adam sucks. Cool.
    Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease - assumption, presuming to know how other people play. Cool.
    Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division - assumption, presuming Mike sucks. Cool.
    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game. - assumption, presuming that people have gripes because they lost. Cool.

    People like myself, like my friends, like all of those "complainers" in the "community" you like to dump on so much feel neglected, forgotten, and are upset a game they are passionate about has turned into the Fortnite of sports gaming. You want to talk about how to keep this forum community from developing less toxicity? Sure. Let's do that.

    1. When someone does present a constructive thread, community managers MAY comment on it. No developers. God forbid they come on because the few trolls here scared them away. At least dignify those who are TRYING. Concepts are not discussed. Questions are not asked. Questions are not answered.
    2. You then have a few people who are allowed to do nothing but be combative simply because they support EA like puritanical robots. A double standard exists here. I joined this place a few months ago to TRY to bring something to the table and my opinions are allowed to be dumped on DEVOID of anything of substance or constructive thought. Just "you are wrong, I am right, the game is fine, you suck". Awesome!
    3. You then have people who contribute nothing other than pure negativity and "the game is trash". As well as conspiracy theories and concepts that cannot even be proven.

    But no, we are supposed to all play nice and hug each other? Get out of here. I popped on to see if maybe my decision to leave was premature or off base. Apparently I was correct. Thanks for ruining a good idea. Thank you for not supporting someone trying to do what this place is SUPPOSED to be doing. Thank you for sabotaging.

  • It's what I call fortniteification. Appealing to the lowest common denominator and keeping the smooth brains happy with clown gear and dabbing player animations between periods. (and easy non stop flow of 1timers)

    If it was just in 3s it wouldn't be so bad, but who wants to see Guy Lafleur doing a hand stand between periods while playing hut or vs? Keep that garbage to 3's. Or more ideally, entirely out of nhl altogether.

    chuckling here at "smooth brains"
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.