EA Forums - Banner

Constructive approach

Replies

• IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)
    There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.

a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game.

Out of curiosity, what *are* your gripes?

- Users are able to execute no-look, behind the back passes with 100% accuracy.

- Users can hold the puck to their backhand/forehand and maintain momentum and speed for too many frames while also having top tier agility and balance.

- A.I. defensive coverage in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.

- A.I. offensive awareness in front of the net is, at times, abysmal.

- Puck protect at low speeds is still slightly too OP.

- Sometimes a well-timed poke check in the direction of the intended receiver on a cross-crease attempt results in the poke targeting (and then missing) the incoming puck rather than disrupting the shot and/or substantially decreasing the accuracy of a shot

- In the same scenario (a cross-crease attempt) less skilled players can simply lay down in the passing lane, slide directly in to their goalie, but their goalie still is able to make the save.

- Players are still able to keep control of the puck while intentionally skating directly in to the boards in order to protect their possession. Skating directly in to the boards while holding the puck should result in the puck being knocked loose.

- Users can spam R3 poke - I know because I currently do it. The accuracy of each subsequent poke check should be reduced and eventually head in to penalty territory.

- Interference calls for shoving players in the slot or in front of the goalie. There seems to be an area of the ice where no calls are made, but it's inconsistent at times.

- LT still chaps me. Players still abuse it, particularly at low speeds. It needs to be nerfed.

- Player changing needs to be fine tuned a little more. It's better this year, but I'm still finding player switching inconsistent. Icon-based switching would be ideal. RT+R3 works well for taking control of a player in front of the net, but RT+RS isn't as consistent as I'd like. I'm often flicking my stick to the right (to take control of RW) but it switches me to center. I think it needs to be tuned a little better.

- You can't use the shoot button in the defensive zone anymore to clear the puck because it targets your own net

- Backskating speed needs to be bumped up like 1 or 2 notches. Something just barely noticeable but effective to help quell the forwards' speed through the neutral zone.

All in all, The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :). No look backhand passes forced through traffic are not an issue. The countless times somebody uses an actual defensive mechanic properly and still gets beat is not an issue. Holding the stick to the backhand creating a magic bubble is not an issue. None of that is a problem. The answer of course, in this thread designed to be a constructive conversation that has been hijacked by two people who intentionally fuel combative conversations and can seemingly say what they want because they support EA, is "The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)". Wow, so profound! So enlightening. Thank you so much for providing constructive thought! Deny pucks going through objects. Blame the player! The ridiculous amount of content I spent hours of my time, that I do not have a lot of and still volunteered to TRY to help this dump of a forum, compiling from many different sources means absolutely nothing. These gripes are all an illusion. The game is fine. People are, apparently, not allowed to criticize a product they spent money on. I truly hope you never leave anyone a bad review, @KidShowtime1867 . If you do, that would make you a hypocrite. Went to a restaurant and the food was poor? No big deal, you should have played better defense. Bought a car that did not operate safely? No big deal, play better defense. Bought a TV that burned out? Should have played better defense. All those examples are your fault and not the provider of these services or creators of these products. Give. Me. A. Break.

First of all, @Stephlefan6AX , you have no idea how my friends play. Sorry, I meant played because they quit playing this game due to it's monotony. Adam, Dan, and Mike all do just fine. We play, sorry "played", real hockey and still beat the sweaty, try-hard losers who try to exploit the game about 70% of the time. Division 1 baby. You don't get there being poor. Feel free to bring your boys and challenge us sometime. Oh wait, my friends dont play anymore because the game is so "balanced". But thank you for assuming so much about people you do not know. This thread was started to try and sway the balance of this forum I have read for many years and have seen it devolve into the typical assumptions and condescension that is allowed if you are an EA sympathizer.

Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals - assumption, presuming Adam sucks. Cool.
    Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease - assumption, presuming to know how other people play. Cool.
    Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division - assumption, presuming Mike sucks. Cool.
    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game. - assumption, presuming that people have gripes because they lost. Cool.

People like myself, like my friends, like all of those "complainers" in the "community" you like to dump on so much feel neglected, forgotten, and are upset a game they are passionate about has turned into the Fortnite of sports gaming. You want to talk about how to keep this forum community from developing less toxicity? Sure. Let's do that.

1. When someone does present a constructive thread, community managers MAY comment on it. No developers. God forbid they come on because the few trolls here scared them away. At least dignify those who are TRYING. Concepts are not discussed. Questions are not asked. Questions are not answered.
    2. You then have a few people who are allowed to do nothing but be combative simply because they support EA like puritanical robots. A double standard exists here. I joined this place a few months ago to TRY to bring something to the table and my opinions are allowed to be dumped on DEVOID of anything of substance or constructive thought. Just "you are wrong, I am right, the game is fine, you suck". Awesome!
    3. You then have people who contribute nothing other than pure negativity and "the game is trash". As well as conspiracy theories and concepts that cannot even be proven.

But no, we are supposed to all play nice and hug each other? Get out of here. I popped on to see if maybe my decision to leave was premature or off base. Apparently I was correct. Thanks for ruining a good idea. Thank you for not supporting someone trying to do what this place is SUPPOSED to be doing. Thank you for sabotaging.

The golden age of these forums was about 12 years ago. There’s a small handful of people left that try to do what we can, but all the really great video providers left because the videos they shared from NHL 15 about AI issues still haven’t been even remotely fixed in NHL 21. I still like offering help, advice, feedback, but I just keep an insanely low expectation of being heard to stay sane.

@untouchable_BF1 , I think we would all be living a fiction to think everything we say here can or would be implemented. With that said I think there is a lot of credence to the idea that some of the same crap has existed in this game for an entire console generation and it hasnt been addressed. I can see why there would be an exodus. Almost like core ideas are neglected

I 100% agree, it’s just simple things like defenders not skating to corner or defenders in a trap not leaving their position of the trap for literally zero productive reason which in turn destroys the trap. I said it in another post I think, but problems like this far outweigh a one-timer animation change or skating style when it comes to replicating hockey. We’re actively being given the more condiments when the burger is still still raw lol.

I like your commentary, there’s a few of us here who are like-minded, I’d say don’t give up on these forums. They’re small, but the few who post a lot really loyal to the game and tend to understand hockey much more than Reddit or Twitter where there’s just a plethora of people that bash the game without reason or knowledge of the sport.

At the end of the day, this is just another medium to shout into the void, but I’d like to think the quality of the shouted words is a half-step above here compared to other places lol.

That is my basic intention. I want the game to have more refined hockey plays. Online is a joke, in my opinion. Offline I have it running okay. The problems with AI movements on and off the puck are cumbersome, the positioning is rough, the speed is odd. All in all I can enjoy offline.

I started this hoping to develop a central place for us to list our gripes. I DID NOT start this to debate those gripes and be jerks about it.
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I am kinda done with this "love fest" between the two of you. Any legitimacy to your points is drowned in the "mutual self-congratulating" going on here.

I dont know what anything between me and kid would have to do with you. Just look another direaction and you will be fine.

I get that 'kid' can be abit ruff sometimes, but that dosent change the fact that he says pretty good stuff about the game.

As do you, lion, but you seem to do it pretty personal sometimes and declare people stupid for not sayin same things as you.
    I have never ever called anyone stupid here.

I was referring to the post you did to Stephlefan6AX, 5th january, the one you have edited, you said he's post was the dumbest you ever read, and so on...

And okey, you can play it ruff, but don't get surprise if people are tough back to you.

But I honestly don't see no point of calling each other out. Looks kinda desperate.
    "Cross crease is all you see. It is boring." - Adam. Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals
    "Every game we play is the same. I want dynamism. " - Dan. Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease
    "This game is reliant on who can exploit it better. 1 in 10 games is hockey, the rest is loop, loop, force a pass. Who cares if we win? That is not the point. Total monotony." - Mike. Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division

this game is fun cause we can score many ways. from behind the net like last year as example.

The views presented here are shared by no small number of people who have been playing this game for a considerable length of time. Not a bunch of scrubs who don't know how to play the game.

The exact issue is that while there are more new fun ways to score... there are few to none new ways to counter/defend against that.

I'm sure these new mechanics are great fun for forwards but for those of us who play D (and most assuredly goalie) and are stuck with largely broken and unreliable tools for playing defense, it is making things much LESS enjoyable. I am all for improvements for some but not at the expense of others.

I play defense exclusively and I have had only a small number of gripes with the functionality there.

There is a 27 page thread that indicates you may be in the minority on this. I will assume you also play club (?) where some of this is probably greatly mitigated.

a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game.

- Users can hold the puck to their backhand/forehand and maintain momentum and speed for too many frames while also having top tier agility and balance.

- Sometimes a well-timed poke check in the direction of the intended receiver on a cross-crease attempt results in the poke targeting (and then missing) the incoming puck rather than disrupting the shot and/or substantially decreasing the accuracy of a shot

- In the same scenario (a cross-crease attempt) less skilled players can simply lay down in the passing lane, slide directly in to their goalie, but their goalie still is able to make the save.

- Players are still able to keep control of the puck while intentionally skating directly in to the boards in order to protect their possession. Skating directly in to the boards while holding the puck should result in the puck being knocked loose.

- Users can spam R3 poke - I know because I currently do it. The accuracy of each subsequent poke check should be reduced and eventually head in to penalty territory.

- Interference calls for shoving players in the slot or in front of the goalie. There seems to be an area of the ice where no calls are made, but it's inconsistent at times.

- LT still chaps me. Players still abuse it, particularly at low speeds. It needs to be nerfed.

- Player changing needs to be fine tuned a little more. It's better this year, but I'm still finding player switching inconsistent. Icon-based switching would be ideal. RT+R3 works well for taking control of a player in front of the net, but RT+RS isn't as consistent as I'd like. I'm often flicking my stick to the right (to take control of RW) but it switches me to center. I think it needs to be tuned a little better.

- You can't use the shoot button in the defensive zone anymore to clear the puck because it targets your own net

- Backskating speed needs to be bumped up like 1 or 2 notches. Something just barely noticeable but effective to help quell the forwards' speed through the neutral zone.

All in all, The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :). No look backhand passes forced through traffic are not an issue. The countless times somebody uses an actual defensive mechanic properly and still gets beat is not an issue. Holding the stick to the backhand creating a magic bubble is not an issue. None of that is a problem. The answer of course, in this thread designed to be a constructive conversation that has been hijacked by two people who intentionally fuel combative conversations and can seemingly say what they want because they support EA, is "The system isn't broken - just gotta play better defense :)". Wow, so profound! So enlightening. Thank you so much for providing constructive thought! Deny pucks going through objects. Blame the player! The ridiculous amount of content I spent hours of my time, that I do not have a lot of and still volunteered to TRY to help this dump of a forum, compiling from many different sources means absolutely nothing. These gripes are all an illusion. The game is fine. People are, apparently, not allowed to criticize a product they spent money on. I truly hope you never leave anyone a bad review, @KidShowtime1867 . If you do, that would make you a hypocrite. Went to a restaurant and the food was poor? No big deal, you should have played better defense. Bought a car that did not operate safely? No big deal, play better defense. Bought a TV that burned out? Should have played better defense. All those examples are your fault and not the provider of these services or creators of these products. Give. Me. A. Break.

First of all, @Stephlefan6AX , you have no idea how my friends play. Sorry, I meant played because they quit playing this game due to it's monotony. Adam, Dan, and Mike all do just fine. We play, sorry "played", real hockey and still beat the sweaty, try-hard losers who try to exploit the game about 70% of the time. Division 1 baby. You don't get there being poor. Feel free to bring your boys and challenge us sometime. Oh wait, my friends dont play anymore because the game is so "balanced". But thank you for assuming so much about people you do not know. This thread was started to try and sway the balance of this forum I have read for many years and have seen it devolve into the typical assumptions and condescension that is allowed if you are an EA sympathizer.

Cause Adam don't know how to defend cross crease goals - assumption, presuming Adam sucks. Cool.
    Cause Dan is trying only to score cross crease - assumption, presuming to know how other people play. Cool.
    Cause Mike is not good enough to move up on division - assumption, presuming Mike sucks. Cool.
    a 27-page thread on a message board where 90% of the people come here just to rage after a loss is not indicative of the state of the game. - assumption, presuming that people have gripes because they lost. Cool.

People like myself, like my friends, like all of those "complainers" in the "community" you like to dump on so much feel neglected, forgotten, and are upset a game they are passionate about has turned into the Fortnite of sports gaming. You want to talk about how to keep this forum community from developing less toxicity? Sure. Let's do that.

1. When someone does present a constructive thread, community managers MAY comment on it. No developers. God forbid they come on because the few trolls here scared them away. At least dignify those who are TRYING. Concepts are not discussed. Questions are not asked. Questions are not answered.
    2. You then have a few people who are allowed to do nothing but be combative simply because they support EA like puritanical robots. A double standard exists here. I joined this place a few months ago to TRY to bring something to the table and my opinions are allowed to be dumped on DEVOID of anything of substance or constructive thought. Just "you are wrong, I am right, the game is fine, you suck". Awesome!
    3. You then have people who contribute nothing other than pure negativity and "the game is trash". As well as conspiracy theories and concepts that cannot even be proven.

But no, we are supposed to all play nice and hug each other? Get out of here. I popped on to see if maybe my decision to leave was premature or off base. Apparently I was correct. Thanks for ruining a good idea. Thank you for not supporting someone trying to do what this place is SUPPOSED to be doing. Thank you for sabotaging.

The golden age of these forums was about 12 years ago. There’s a small handful of people left that try to do what we can, but all the really great video providers left because the videos they shared from NHL 15 about AI issues still haven’t been even remotely fixed in NHL 21. I still like offering help, advice, feedback, but I just keep an insanely low expectation of being heard to stay sane.

@untouchable_BF1 , I think we would all be living a fiction to think everything we say here can or would be implemented. With that said I think there is a lot of credence to the idea that some of the same crap has existed in this game for an entire console generation and it hasnt been addressed. I can see why there would be an exodus. Almost like core ideas are neglected

I 100% agree, it’s just simple things like defenders not skating to corner or defenders in a trap not leaving their position of the trap for literally zero productive reason which in turn destroys the trap. I said it in another post I think, but problems like this far outweigh a one-timer animation change or skating style when it comes to replicating hockey. We’re actively being given the more condiments when the burger is still still raw lol.

I like your commentary, there’s a few of us here who are like-minded, I’d say don’t give up on these forums. They’re small, but the few who post a lot really loyal to the game and tend to understand hockey much more than Reddit or Twitter where there’s just a plethora of people that bash the game without reason or knowledge of the sport.

At the end of the day, this is just another medium to shout into the void, but I’d like to think the quality of the shouted words is a half-step above here compared to other places lol.

That is my basic intention. I want the game to have more refined hockey plays. Online is a joke, in my opinion. Offline I have it running okay. The problems with AI movements on and off the puck are cumbersome, the positioning is rough, the speed is odd. All in all I can enjoy offline.

I started this hoping to develop a central place for us to list our gripes. I DID NOT start this to debate those gripes and be jerks about it.

Love it man. I feel ya. I too have offline at a playable state, but I won’t touch online unless someone paid me too. I hope Ben’s vision of shareable/playable online slider sets in custom games comes to fruition next-gen. Would love to get a small group of friends who want to play a more realistic version of hockey together and play little leagues, even if we simply use excel, just to be able to play against a human with our own interpretation of “sim” and “balanced” video game hockey.

Even without that, I have fun creating a custom league and running it through excel. It’s the only way I can enjoy the game right now but it has kept me coming back for a game or two a day which is better than previous games this gen.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I am kinda done with this "love fest" between the two of you. Any legitimacy to your points is drowned in the "mutual self-congratulating" going on here.

I dont know what anything between me and kid would have to do with you. Just look another direaction and you will be fine.

I get that 'kid' can be abit ruff sometimes, but that dosent change the fact that he says pretty good stuff about the game.

As do you, lion, but you seem to do it pretty personal sometimes and declare people stupid for not sayin same things as you.

I was referring to the post you did to Stephlefan6AX, 5th january, the one you have edited, you said he's post was the dumbest you ever read, and so on...

And okey, you can play it ruff, but don't get surprise if people are tough back to you.

But I honestly don't see no point of calling each other out. Looks kinda desperate.

To be fair that guy completely crapped on my friends who he has A. never seen play and B. assumes are garbage. That comment brought nothing to the table and was mistaken. Dumb? I don't know about that. Arrogant? Absolutely

Good said and I agree. You are never wrong Bf1!

Love it man. I feel ya. I too have offline at a playable state, but I won’t touch online unless someone paid me too. I hope Ben’s vision of shareable/playable online slider sets in custom games comes to fruition next-gen. Would love to get a small group of friends who want to play a more realistic version of hockey together and play little leagues, even if we simply use excel, just to be able to play against a human with our own interpretation of “sim” and “balanced” video game hockey.

Even without that, I have fun creating a custom league and running it through excel. It’s the only way I can enjoy the game right now but it has kept me coming back for a game or two a day which is better than previous games this gen.

Would you mind posting and comparing our sliders? I think what I have is a decent idea for fun gameplay but I could use some help and maybe help someone else in return

Lol I’ve definitely been on the wrong side here, but I appreciate it. You were right about 21 being easily the best game this generation! Hoping you have more good news when 22 rolls around!

@IceLion68 came here (via his post history) to try and decide if he was going to buy the game and enjoy it. His posts were questions about mechanics. He then has posted several instances where he feels like the game needs improvement. His concerns were pooped on while the exact same ideas/mechanics were shown and petitioned for via his debater. Of course he will respond negatively. This is a two way street. I do not see him coming into well intended threads trying to incite arguments...

There is a difference between personally attacking people and being a straight up troll. Do I think chewtimetoy is a troll? Sometimes. Other times I think he has well intended discussion. With that said, there is absolutely no reason to presume and assume so much about people and they way they play without investigating that concept.

This thread, in specific, was not me complaining the game is trash or I hate losing. It was compiling all kinds of critique from a multitude of mediums from the community in an attempt to get the attention of the people who make the game. I did not go through all of this work to argue with someone who may or may not be lonely or struggling in life. I went through this work to try and sway the balance of the forums. I, like many others, have failed.

Good said, you do know I like you too. And I like this thread you started, but I can also tell your patience with this game is startin to be over. And ofc you must be free to get that out, I know we look at hockey pretty much the same.

Im just hanging in! 😉

It's funny though. Offline, I have the game playing decent. A lot of the things that annoy me are things you talk about too. Speed, poor AI positioning and movement, etc. I am enjoying offline. Online I just despise though. All my friends quit too and I am far too old and busy to scout for a new team. Honestly, I wouldnt want to though. Online is a cesspool right now in my opinion

It is a whole nother story online, to the point were it can mess up your day. I took a step back and it got me much happier.

But I dont giving up, and I still support this game!

@IceLion68 came here (via his post history) to try and decide if he was going to buy the game and enjoy it. His posts were questions about mechanics. He then has posted several instances where he feels like the game needs improvement. His concerns were pooped on while the exact same ideas/mechanics were shown and petitioned for via his debater. Of course he will respond negatively. This is a two way street. I do not see him coming into well intended threads trying to incite arguments...

There is a difference between personally attacking people and being a straight up troll. Do I think chewtimetoy is a troll? Sometimes. Other times I think he has well intended discussion. With that said, there is absolutely no reason to presume and assume so much about people and they way they play without investigating that concept.

This thread, in specific, was not me complaining the game is trash or I hate losing. It was compiling all kinds of critique from a multitude of mediums from the community in an attempt to get the attention of the people who make the game. I did not go through all of this work to argue with someone who may or may not be lonely or struggling in life. I went through this work to try and sway the balance of the forums. I, like many others, have failed.

Good said, you do know I like you too. And I like this thread you started, but I can also tell your patience with this game is startin to be over. And ofc you must be free to get that out, I know we look at hockey pretty much the same.

Im just hanging in! 😉

It's funny though. Offline, I have the game playing decent. A lot of the things that annoy me are things you talk about too. Speed, poor AI positioning and movement, etc. I am enjoying offline. Online I just despise though. All my friends quit too and I am far too old and busy to scout for a new team. Honestly, I wouldnt want to though. Online is a cesspool right now in my opinion

It is a whole nother story online, to the point were it can mess up your day. I took a step back and it got me much happier.

But I dont giving up, and I still support this game!

Hence why we are all here!
  • From what I gather it seems like being upset with this game is not enough. Coming here to vent doesnt really do anything. In order for us to make a positive change we need to not only talk about the issues but explain in great detail why we dont like them and explain what can be done.

So here we go. My attempt to be constructive. Please add in your thoughts in this format. Constructive and detailed thoughts-issues please. Lets get their attention.

Menus
    - The menus are slow laggy and unresponsive. Some menus have a different layout than others. For example the edit lines menu (in rosters) is in a grid style format while in edit player you can use L2 to cycle. When you edit lines and return to its parent menu it does not save your place and you must cycle through all the teams again to return to where you were. This is only one example of the annoyance. Another example is when you know it takes 3 clicks to get to where you are going and you do that but it only registers 2 clicks because of the lag and you hit X expecting to enter the menu you thought and go somewhere else. You then have to backtrack and wait an extra few seconds for it to register your input.
    - From what I have found there are a lot of web based elements in the menu design. This means the menu information is accessed via the server? It is odd though because even offline the menus are slow.
    Potential fixes:
    1. Consolidate menus in the same format.
    2. Streamline the design and get rid of the times it takes too many clicks to get to where you want to go. Simplify.
    3. Eliminate the need for these menus to have any online requirements. They should be predesigned and saved onto our consoles. No need to save disc space in 2020.

Be A Pro
    - No CHL season or ability to play in the AHL. You are given captaincy without earning it or being a veteran. Conversation system-in game system is not contextually sound. Very little guidance on how to be a hockey player. Your coach doesnt tell you that you need to work on your cycle or that you need to be trailing the play on a 3 on 1 or you need to cover your pointman tighter.
    Potential fixes:
    1. First EA needs to bring back juniors and AHL play. Very few rookies are going to crack the roster in their first year. It would also be nice to be able to improve-decrease your draft stock by playing in juniors for a season or 2.
    2. You dont become captain unless you became the best player on your team and you have some leadership qualities. Taking it from Shea Weber is not acceptable. In that circumstance maybe become an Alternate?
    3. I am less worried about the off ice stuff and more concerned that in game or coaching conversations have nothing to do with being a better and more sound player. Add in things like hockey strategy and position. Common sense topics that encourage people to play the game right rather than just scoring goals.

EASHL
    - The current playoff format is a waste of time unless you can play for 40 hours a week. It took away the win or go home excitement that regular playoffs brings.
    - Not having the ability to edit any attributes or see them get better-worse via your own play makes this mode feel useless anymore. I have a hard time believing that people are grinding for goal horn elements. If this is supposed to be a RP mode then why cant we have more of a say in who we are as players? I think alot of people probably play this to have fun with their friends not because the mode is engaging.
    - Hockey bags take forever to open if you have not kept up with it.
    - Current ranking system is kind of dumb. You can be 92-94 and be higher than a team who is 90-22. Divisions is still cool but perhaps change it up in some way?
    - No free agent system or club recruitment. Would make it hard for new players to find a club who do not have friends playing.
    - You can be a D1 club and delete your club and remake one so you can beat up on D10 players.
    - Online connections are not good. In comparison to other games I play this one is the worst.
    - Banners are gone.
    - Quitting is done a lot and without penalty.
    - Would be nice to roll lines and accommodate bigger clubs or be able to swap loadouts-builds in game to counter different strategies.
    Potential fixes
    1. Bring back regular playoffs and banner collections.
    2. Penalize people for quitting. Start assessing time based penalties (bans) to those who do this a lot.
    3. Streamline the hockey bags concept to allow for mass opening.
    4. Bring back lobbies so players can network.
    5. Allow us to roll lines.
    6. Bring back better customization when it comes to our builds. It makes no sense to apply an athletic trait to see our awareness go down simultaneously?

Franchise
    - Record book is bugged. Hopefully this upcoming patch fixes that.
    - Currently potential is bugged to have young players get worse in terms of natural progression.
    - Editing players has been removed from what it once was.
    - The chemistry and coaching system stuff is bugged out.
    - When you go to withhold salary the opposing team has figures that do not make sense. You hold 5% and it says they have 2 mil under the cap and when you leave and return to this menu that 2 mil changes.
    - No yearly introduction to the team, no banner raising, no pre game warmup, no pre game show, no league schedule, no system creation, no matchup screen, no box scores.
    - Always forced to repair the restrooms at franchise start.
    - Cannot search by C-LW-RW in player search.
    - Trade logic is deeply flawed and the trade deadline feature sees bugs where it sometimes freezes.
    - AI GM's do not sign RFAs even when they are the teams best player. Example would be Barzal.
    Potential fixes
    1. There should be a better fusion between on ice play and potential. These changes should be minimal over a season or 2 but should really start to show after a few seasons. Example would be an elite player having a bad season. Little changes. But if that continues he should then start seeing a bigger drop off if he fails for 2 or more seasons in a row.
    2. We should be able to edit players and coaches in full. It is an offline mode and there is no reason to limit that.
    3. Chemistry needs improved. Players playing together over time should increase their chemistry (if they have success together) just as much if not more than player types. Also player types should have more variance in what can get to a +5.
    4. See the presentation point. All of that should be in the game. Other sports games have it.

Game Modes

- There are just too many. There are not enough people who play this game and it things us out greatly.

Features/Gameplay
    - Roster-player-logo- sharing are absent.
    - Crowd energy is weak and stale.
    - Some sliders do not work or have the intended effect they are supposed to.
    - Cannot create strategies-systems-plays.
    - Vision control was removed and replaced with what it is now. This "face north" thing is not always practical and causes the players to move weird when trying to face the puck on defense.
    - General gameplay is too fast when compared with the animations. Puck pick ups and pass receptions take too long while the game is too quick. It does not blend well.
    - There is no penalty for using hustle constantly. This takes away space and makes the game play like bunch ball too often.
    - AI players will curl away from the play with the puck in their D zone causing them to skate into trouble.
    - AI players are like heat seeking missiles without the puck.
    - Strategies do not corelate to the AI guys staying in their proper position. They will abandon where they should be if you ever so slightly move from your own position.
    - Cannot execute a hard dump unless you wind up for a slap shot. Even then they are weak.
    - Defensive accountability far outweighs offensive accountability.
    - You can hold your stick out fully to the side and still execute hard accurate passes and plays even when contained.
    - Making a stretch pass is easier than a 7 foot support pass.
    - Cross crease passes are the online META by a long shot.
    Potential fixes

1. Roster-logo-player-slider sharing are a must. There are so many people who work hard on this stuff for it all to be lost each year.
    2. Crowd needs to feel lively. Like we are there. You can be up 2-1 with 3 minutes left and the arena feels empty.
    3. We should have the ability to create strategies-systems-plays to our liking. It would help the game be more enjoyable for offline players.
    4. Vision control needs to revert to looking at the puck. Since defense is held to a higher standard then they should be given the opportunity to face the puck without worrying about the wonky player movements.
    5. Game speed needs reduced while animation speed increased to match each other. Default settings are way off. The only luck I have had is cranking speed to 6 and taking skating sliders down a ton.
    6. Hustle needs to slowly bleed away. You should not be able to do this all game. It makes this game play like a non stop rush.
    7. AI players make terrible decisions with the puck and need to have basic hockey stuff programmed into them. They deke in odd times and dump when they shouldnt. This needs revisited. Maybe create plays could help with this?
    8. The dump is not good. You should still be able to take a hard wrister in your own zone off the glass.
    9. Get rid of the rocket accurate backhand hold out your stick stuff. It is crap.

There. That is the best I can do. Please add

Love this list. I would also add that dumps are also a little too easy to pull off, for AI and humans. You can lift the puck to the stratosphere the instant you pick up the puck, giving the penalty killers a little bit of an advantage.

Would you mind posting and comparing our sliders? I think what I have is a decent idea for fun gameplay but I could use some help and maybe help someone else in return

I will post them as soon as I get to my Xbox. Might not be for another day, but I will tag you when I do post. I’ve found that this game requires you to play at a faster pace than I’d like because it helps the AI recover after becoming lost easier, so my sliders are definitely a good mix of fun/sim elements. Definitely the fastest set I’ve played on in years and it’s still at 0 game speed so it’s nothing insane mind you.

I also play a very unique way lol. I play 1/2 of every game for both teams so I don’t actually worry too much about the CPU’s offense just a disclaimer. My set is based around making CPU defense more alive and engaging + forcing me to make more real hockey plays. A lot of my set revolves around the strategy page I’d like to think which requires user control of both teams at some point.

So hopefully you can take bits of mine and apply it your game cause the way I play is truly unique, but it’s also the only way I can enjoy this game.

To be fair that guy completely crapped on my friends who he has A. never seen play and B. assumes are garbage. That comment brought nothing to the table and was mistaken. Dumb? I don't know about that. Arrogant? Absolutely

Yeah two mistakes do not make one right.. But I feel you, I absolutely do! 👍

Lol I’ve definitely been on the wrong side here, but I appreciate it. You were right about 21 being easily the best game this generation! Hoping you have more good news when 22 rolls around!

I dont know about that hehe...

Would surprise me alot if next gen wouldn’t take us out of space, soon it's time to be dreamy!

Future is coming with a - bang -! 😄👍

hey didn't want to attack you personally, it was irony about Mike ADam and Dan. i think they can come here them self and says what they have to say. sorry if you feel it was a personal attack ;)

hey didn't want to attack you personally, it was irony about Mike ADam and Dan. i think they can come here them self and says what they have to say. sorry if you feel it was a personal attack ;)

Talk to them. You can't be ironic not knowing how they play.

Yes. I thought his post was garbage and I am not sure why it wasn't removed while my response was. I said his post was dumb. There is a difference between attacking someones argument and attacking their character. I am generally very careful to do the former and not the latter.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

Lmaoo we just don’t take things personally and enjoy each other’s banter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bring something to the table. Dignify the initial list. Bring your own. Discuss game concepts that need improved. Do not hijack my thread as you are attempting.

Excuse me? I bring a lot to the table. I provide COUNTLESS feedback including entire threads devoted to my issues with the game which includes video evidence.

Far more than simply stating “x is broken” and then personally attacking people who don’t agree with me....

I’ve worked very hard at being less abrasive around here.

I’ve provided hundreds of gifs and feedback surrounding issues with the game.

All of that only to be attacked by you because you simply don’t agree with me.

It’s so disheartening and now I remember why I stayed away for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully the moderation team can handle you - it’s so tiring when a simple differing of opinions turns in to constant personal attacks form you.

hey kid i'm glad you are back on the forum. i knew other poeple like this game that were not active on the forum. please bring your friends here we need more support. do you have any friends named Adam,Mike or Dan by any chance? you don't know me but i have to say this game is perfect and well balanced . i do understand the madness of many poeple on this forum about the game but i personally have a lot of fun to play it especially on SQ

I will post them as soon as I get to my Xbox. Might not be for another day, but I will tag you when I do post. I’ve found that this game requires you to play at a faster pace than I’d like because it helps the AI recover after becoming lost easier, so my sliders are definitely a good mix of fun/sim elements. Definitely the fastest set I’ve played on in years and it’s still at 0 game speed so it’s nothing insane mind you.

I also play a very unique way lol. I play 1/2 of every game for both teams so I don’t actually worry too much about the CPU’s offense just a disclaimer. My set is based around making CPU defense more alive and engaging + forcing me to make more real hockey plays. A lot of my set revolves around the strategy page I’d like to think which requires user control of both teams at some point.

So hopefully you can take bits of mine and apply it your game cause the way I play is truly unique, but it’s also the only way I can enjoy this game.

Good stuff. I will get mine in order today and list them tomorrow. I can provide some details as to the method of my madness.

I like the idea to make CPU defense better. Maybe that would give me more variety.

Thanks dude

First thank's sega thats why i ignored, i don»'t really have time to waste on scaling things like that. i prefer positive things on the games like you did always. This week i'm gonna probably make top 100 in squad battle for the first time this year,hehe not bad for someone that is in a bunch of scrubs that don't know how to play this game :smiley:

First thank's sega thats why i ignored, i don»'t really have time to waste on scaling things like that. i prefer positive things on the games like you did always. This week i'm gonna probably make top 100 in squad battle for the first time this year,hehe not bad for someone that is in a bunch of scrubs that don't know how to play this game :smiley:

Hehe You always seem to go your own way, no mather what other will say. I like that about a person.

And being positive about this game isn't always easy.

Great to hear about your success, not the least bit surprised! 😊👍