EA Forums - Banner

Why was this glove save taken out this year or is it a glitch preventing it from happening?

goalielivesmatte
106 posts Member
edited December 2020
youtu.be/qtELGKQ0_eg?t=29
youtu.be/lCthMk8hMpQ?t=73

@NHLDev
I played close 200 6s games this year and have yet to make this save even once, never seen the opposing goalie make this save either. It was somewhat common to make this save in previous years if you are in good position or read the play and butterfly slide across in time. I seen the animation trigger a few times this year but its literally impossible to make this save. Was this taken out on purpose or is it a glitch that's making it impossible to make this save this year? This was the most satisfying and rewarding save for human goalie to make and of course you guys took it out. Why?

Replies

• Animation is still there... Although I have noticed the goalie only makes 6 or so save animations after every shot.. it’s super repetitive. they definitely have taken out some goalie animations this year
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Bet the save will comeback as "new and improved" goalies for NHL 22 eventho that rewarding glove save been in the game since NHL 16. Or maybe the game is unbalanced that pass speed and shot speed so much faster than the goalie save animations this year is the reason that save doesn't happen anymore. Yet the devs think the game is balanced and dont need a tuner.
  • If it was, I’m glad that save was taken out. I love the new animation of the goalie maintaining control of his body and catching in front—like goalies are taught to do in today’s game. It’s stupid for him to shift his body and catch behind his head to windmill when all he really has to do is move his glove 3 inches to the left.

If you do want the big stretch glove save, that should be happening on low shots just above the pad. From there the goalie should windmill based on their personality setting (much like shot styles for skaters)
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    If it was, I’m glad that save was taken out. I love the new animation of the goalie maintaining control of his body and catching in front—like goalies are taught to do in today’s game. It’s stupid for him to shift his body and catch behind his head to windmill when all he really has to do is move his glove 3 inches to the left.

If you do want the big stretch glove save, that should be happening on low shots just above the pad. From there the goalie should windmill based on their personality setting (much like shot styles for skaters)
    Man acting like goalies now have no limbs and only make blocking saves lmao.

Type in Carey Price or any of today's goalie highlights in Youtube and tell me how many reaching saves you see. Of course you want it out bc u prob a forward with no thumbs that want goal scoring easy as possible. Its talent less forwards that this game caters to now even if it takes away balance. That save triggers when you butterfly slide when you read the play right or when you come out to challenge the shot when they try to snipe you top glove corner, thats why it was the most rewarding and satisfying save for human goalies and you acting like it triggers when you middle stand.
  • Not only did they take away that glove save from previous years on high shots but even on low shots have to deal with this animation all the time even when you read the play right.

These developers really think goalie is a pylon in net and dmen has to take away every play. Why even have goalie mode? No need for tuners at all btw, game is extremely balanced! :#
  • Lol, naw. I play goal in real life, and coach goalies from U10 to junior hockey. Moving your body away from the puck to catch behind your head is stupid. Sure, it looks cool to non-goalies, but catching in front is far superior when you can.

Look up ALL glove saves by Carey Price, and not just the ones put on a highlight real so all the how’d-he-do-dats can stare in awe, and you’ll see he catches in front of his body every time he can.

Some goalies will put some flare on a glove save after they’ve caught the puck and swing around with a windmill—that’s why I suggested making the windmill a personality trait for goalies.
  • Does anybody remember Patrick Roy, trying to make a spectacular save in the playoffs, only to drop it in his own net.
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    Lol, naw. I play goal in real life, and coach goalies from U10 to junior hockey. Moving your body away from the puck to catch behind your head is stupid. Sure, it looks cool to non-goalies, but catching in front is far superior when you can.

Look up ALL glove saves by Carey Price, and not just the ones put on a highlight real so all the how’d-he-do-dats can stare in awe, and you’ll see he catches in front of his body every time he can.

Some goalies will put some flare on a glove save after they’ve caught the puck and swing around with a windmill—that’s why I suggested making the windmill a personality trait for goalies.

Ya I love when people playing forwards in the game say this. No idea why you acting like goalies don't making reaching saves now if you actually play goalie irl. Sure most saves are blocking saves but goalies still have limbs and make reaching saves. Plus its not like that windmill glove save happens all the time, it was somewhat rare but you get rewarded for reading the play right.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I can see why you’d want to have the option if you’re playing manual goalie. I don’t want my AI doing it, though. Any time it’s let in a clear shot from the blue line it’s always been while trying to windmill unnecessarily