EA Forums - Banner

Hustle spam and regeneration

Why is there no penalty for doing this? Also, why does it regenerate so fast? Does anyone agree that if there was less blinding hustle the game would be more open?

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    *Yes, where do I sign up...?*

I think many people prefer to have speed as the best tool to get pass players, instead of actually deke.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

I think many people prefer to have speed as the best tool to get pass players, instead of actually deke.

The way I see things is that this game - often - has a problem with bunching. No matter what capacity or situation you find yourself in there are way too many times where you have a hard time using space. On a true 2 on 1 you find yourself rushed because players can find themselves back in a play they got beat on way too quickly. Not saying backchecking isnt a thing but you cannot always get back whenever a quick turnover happens. It is almost never a thing to see teams with the puck "slow it down" and set up. It is almost constant rushing.

On the powerplay is another example. The best strategy for a PK is to be hyper aggressive because you can cover too much ice too quickly.

I will add this to my constructive list when time permits but I think hustle is a gamekiller. Truly. Even if it is a thing you should not be able to do it constantly. Makes this solid foundation of a game turn sour really fast.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

The way I see things is that this game - often - has a problem with bunching. No matter what capacity or situation you find yourself in there are way too many times where you have a hard time using space. On a true 2 on 1 you find yourself rushed because players can find themselves back in a play they got beat on way too quickly. Not saying backchecking isnt a thing but you cannot always get back whenever a quick turnover happens. It is almost never a thing to see teams with the puck "slow it down" and set up. It is almost constant rushing.

On the powerplay is another example. The best strategy for a PK is to be hyper aggressive because you can cover too much ice too quickly.

I will add this to my constructive list when time permits but I think hustle is a gamekiller. Truly. Even if it is a thing you should not be able to do it constantly. Makes this solid foundation of a game turn sour really fast.

Yes yes and yes.

Because you can cover that much ice with just one player.. It makes it really hard to set up nice plays.. You can never just forget about a player and move on to next.. There's always some player thats heading in your direaction in top speed and blood in he's mouth... 'and I do think people only see their chance to be really quick, both in the skating and the passing, cause other wise your opponent will hunt you down.
  • Speaking of, am I the only one who finds it easier to score on a penalty kill than 5 on 5 because of hustle? For some reason its like the penalty killers get a speed boost?
  • amxblade wrote: »
    Speaking of, am I the only one who finds it easier to score on a penalty kill than 5 on 5 because of hustle? For some reason its like the penalty killers get a speed boost?

There is definitely something going on. I dont believe it to be a speed boost but more in the AI programming that makes the Power play players be less aggressive on and off the puck and therefore allows them to be susceptible.
  • amxblade wrote: »
    Speaking of, am I the only one who finds it easier to score on a penalty kill than 5 on 5 because of hustle? For some reason its like the penalty killers get a speed boost?

I im pretty successful just by dump the puck with a hard slapshot.. And then move up until he gets the puck with he's D, and then I turn and cover he's player thats most close to my zone, and by that way prevent him from taking advantage of the 'speed boost', and if he loose the puck after that, I have a pretty good speed advantage of him..

But then again.. I hate it has so much with speed to do.. If you gonna score or not.