EA Forums - Banner

can we have explanation on gameplay CPU change since patch 1.3 please

Hi EA,before patch 1.3 i was saying the game was perfect,now it only have good potential... we have a big concern here in the community about the unplayable Squad battle CPU,it affect also the online games if people rely on CPU defense. You can see many people talking about the problem in many topic saying the game is broken or its unplayable. Please tell us what cause this ,if its out of your control or it can be fix thx. Community please keep this topic friendly, Ea don't like when its people are rude

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2847 posts EA Community Manager
    Hi EA,before patch 1.3 i was saying the game was perfect,now it only have good potential... we have a big concern here in the community about the unplayable Squad battle CPU,it affect also the online games if people rely on CPU defense. You can see many people talking about the problem in many topic saying the game is broken or its unplayable. Please tell us what cause this ,if its out of your control or it can be fix thx. Community please keep this topic friendly, Ea don't like when its people are rude

Here are the changes to AI players in the 1.3 update:
    • Fixed a case where the AI would get stuck behind the net during a breakout
    • Improved situations where defensive AI players would lose their assignments off a faceoff tieup loss
    • Fixed an issue where defenders would skate away from the play if their target went for a line change

Every time an update is released people make the assumption there were hidden changes when there weren't.
  • Perfect? MY GOD, NHL21 has be a mess since release. Especially Squad Battles. When a player with an overall rating of 71 skates faster, passes better, shoots better, is 5'8" and can knock my 91overall Lemieux of the puck, something is wrong. When EVERY SINGLE 1 on 1 battles is won by the opposing AI, regardless of their rating, something is wrong. Squad Battles has been broken since launch and is even worse now. GOD MODE AI lives. Don't get me wrong, I am still winning on SS but its broken and EA doesn't care.

If you can explain PERFECT I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the sarcasm but EA has RUINED this game. Its worse than NHL20, which is saying a lot.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Here are the changes to AI players in the 1.3 update:
    • Fixed a case where the AI would get stuck behind the net during a breakout
    • Improved situations where defensive AI players would lose their assignments off a faceoff tieup loss
    • Fixed an issue where defenders would skate away from the play if their target went for a line change

Every time an update is released people make the assumption there were hidden changes when there weren't.

i was not making assumption there were hidden changes. It just the fact that gameplay of CPU changes in offence and we must play all Squad CPU games to see there is changes
  • And this GOD MODE AI exist not only in SS but in AS and Pro. EVERY BOUNCE GOES STRAIGHT TO THE OPPOSING AI. My AI teammates are on rookie ALWAYS. Bumping into each other, going off sides 5 times a game, STANDING STILL while I am trying to cycle and set up a scoring chance. Standing next to opposing players as if they are lonely, staring at rebounds and loose pucks, REFUSE to cover a player in my D zone EVER. Oh and did I forget to mention the 76 overall AI goalie that is ALL WORLD while my 87 Holtby CANNOT stop a beach ball. GAME IS SOOOOOOO BRAOKEN.
  • Perfect? MY GOD, NHL21 has be a mess since release. Especially Squad Battles. When a player with an overall rating of 71 skates faster, passes better, shoots better, is 5'8" and can knock my 91overall Lemieux of the puck, something is wrong. When EVERY SINGLE 1 on 1 battles is won by the opposing AI, regardless of their rating, something is wrong. Squad Battles has been broken since launch and is even worse now. GOD MODE AI lives. Don't get me wrong, I am still winning on SS but its broken and EA doesn't care.

If you can explain PERFECT I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the sarcasm but EA has RUINED this game. Its worse than NHL20, which is saying a lot.

many way to score and easier for everyone.this game is not only a deke meta like the poor nhl 20,you can now do more one timers to score and its real nhl.defense matter if you have the skill. cross crease most people hate but cross crease can be defend. the gameplay was perfect before patch 1.3 but the game is still good whatever the CPU can't be controlled cause he is playing like superman