EA Forums - Banner

SPEEDBURST OR AUTHENTIC?(And an overall gameplay review)

frenchfrog
124 posts Member
edited December 2020
Which one are you using?
for me ever since they release patch 1.3 the skating change for the worse
the explosivness is gone and it s back to the same problem that plague this game in the ps4 days..
the players dont have the jump for the first few steps ...they all skate like alex chiasson..LOL
with me trying a bunch of combination in the sliders setting i realize ,that their is no point
the authentic or hustle mode is plain awful now
so i ve went back to speed burst
with game speed at 4
acceleration at 0 (this slider should not be call acceleration ...it simply just how fast you want the cpu to be on you )
and it the same with backskating speed at 0
for skating speed im at 98
i use free skate to test different combination and it s the best i came with
and then you just adjust your pass speed ...and then you could built your slider set from there ...

i was really hype about this years game ,the flow and the whole game was well balanced
but somehow the skating got slow down so much with patch 1.3 the cpu got dumb ,,stop hitting and shooting...
the game is getting closer to nhl 20
really sad to see !

praying for a miracle patch..
Cheers

MRSENATEURS

Replies

• I find no matter what direction I'm skating whether it be forward with the puck or backwards defending, the CPU is always faster and catches me or blows by me, that are they give me a slight bump or poke and they take control of the puck. Never works the same way for me unfortunately :/
  • Hustle is awful. Add in CPU instantly accelerating and defying physics, makes the solid foundation this game has cheaper.

Hate Hustle.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Hustle is awful. Add in CPU instantly accelerating and defying physics, makes the solid foundation this game has cheaper.

Hate Hustle.

Thats the thing.. If I manage to play my cards right.. Without bumping into the board or drastic has to change the direaction were im heading. I dont even have to hustle to go fast enough to beat players that dont take advantage of the space on the ice. But it's hard to get there without getting interfere with a 'hustle all life long' maniac that totally destroy the game pace with just running around insane on the ice.

Short terms: I dont like hustle too.
  • I prefer speed burst.
  • Thanx guys
    at least, im not the only one ,who find this years skating sluggish...
    Let hope someone at EA Read this and put it on top of the list for the next patch ...
    It s the first thing that should be adjust
    Hockey is about skating
    And when it s not right ,it s kind of hard to enjoy the game
    Cheers ..
    MRSENATEURS
  • EA_Blueberry
    4743 posts EA Community Manager
    I'd prefer a speed burst even if it comes off more arcade-like. It teaches you to use it at the right time. I'm sure it can be designed where each player might have to wait one minute to get it replenish max bar. Maybe you can even incorporate a strategy where all your team members go full speed burst on a breakout as an offensive strategy. Big risk big reward option unless you're down a goal with a couple minutes left.
  • I'd prefer a speed burst even if it comes off more arcade-like. It teaches you to use it at the right time. I'm sure it can be designed where each player might have to wait one minute to get it replenish max bar. Maybe you can even incorporate a strategy where all your team members go full speed burst on a breakout as an offensive strategy. Big risk big reward option unless you're down a goal with a couple minutes left.

thanx

for the reply ..
    would be awsome to have an energy bar or something like that..
    i don t mind to if it s too arcade
    i just want to have fun and have a fast pace hockey game
    to much simulation sometime =boring
    it s just a video game after all ...
    i just spent a good 2 hours playing with my 8 years old
    on rocketleague ...we had a blast
    im at the tipping point where the kid is beating is old man ..lol

cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    "might have to wait one minute to get it replenish max bar."

Something like that could work. Just something that would make it hard to go full blast all game long. It would separate the players more from each other and create more room on the ice. And benefit teams thats more careful of using sprint all the time.

Players like Mcdavid would - really - make a huge diffrent.

*when #97 gets the puck, defenders should know they have to fall back, other they get smoked.
  • if anyone have a good slider setting using speedburst ....allstars sliders set to share with me
    that would be really great...it would save me sometimes

i almost finish my monster roster update ...it took me weeks...but now im off from work
    im digging in this game
    im using the sports forecaster magazine and capfriendly ....
    i have created a tons of missing players and created a wider skill gap ...

it s so much cooler
    roster sharing would be so cool on this game

cheers
    MRSENATEURS