EA Forums - Banner

Puck Protection Bubble

Prev1

Replies

• Yup I dont like that too... It shouldnt work that good if you just standing still and 'deke'. It should be more based on speed.

I understand it has to be there to be manage to deke a player, but the way people have learned to avoid hits just by gliding/standing still, is not the most optimal for the game.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

Yup I dont like that too... It shouldnt work that good if you just standing still and 'deke'. It should be more based on speed.

I understand it has to be there to be manage to deke a player, but the way people have learned to avoid hits just by gliding/standing still, is not the most optimal for the game.

I disagree, I dont think it has to be there at all. Just more garbage for people to exploit. This is the kinda stuff that encourages selfish, EA "hockey". Why pass and cycle when standing still is an effective strategy? It's complete garbage, complete garbage. @EA_Blueberry @EA_Aljo
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Yup I dont like that too... It shouldnt work that good if you just standing still and 'deke'. It should be more based on speed.

I disagree, I dont think it has to be there at all. Just more garbage for people to exploit. This is the kinda stuff that encourages selfish, EA "hockey". Why pass and cycle when standing still is an effective strategy? It's complete garbage, complete garbage. @EA_Blueberry @EA_Aljo

I'll pass the video on for review, but it also looks like he's possibly skating around the carrier. Should I have more details on this, I'll post them, but it's going to be a few days due to the holiday.
  • HurricaneFza
    403 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I'll pass the video on for review, but it also looks like he's possibly skating around the carrier. Should I have more details on this, I'll post them, but it's going to be a few days due to the holiday.

Hes not skating around. You can see he reacts as though there is contact but the player with the puck is not affected at all.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Video clearly shows both control sticks directed into the opponent.

Video clearly shows the magical force bubble deflecting the attacker away from the opponent for... reasons.

He may as well have a nimbus of crackling blue energy to go with his robe and wizard hat... What game are we even playing here?
  • Davanial wrote: »

Video clearly shows the magical force bubble deflecting the attacker away from the opponent for... reasons.

He may as well have a nimbus of crackling blue energy to go with his robe and wizard hat... What game are we even playing here?
    Controller layout is only for player with the puck.

Otherwise I agree though.

• j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Davanial wrote: »

Ah that's correct, good point. Why is that, anyway?
  • Davanial wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Davanial wrote: »

Ah that's correct, good point. Why is that, anyway?
    I really don't know the exact reason. Would be way better if it would show both/all controllers, not just puck carrier. And also LT, RT, L3 and R3 included, would give more detailed info. Games with more than two controlled players would give a bit headache for devs I guess... :#

• Bumps
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;c-2175800"]

I'll pass the video on for review, but it also looks like he's possibly skating around the carrier. Should I have more details on this, I'll post them, but it's going to be a few days due to the holiday.[/quote]

This is the problem. The game makes you skate around the guy. That’s the “bubble” which was alleviated in the initial release of NHL 19 (noted in the patch notes and referred to as “the bubble”)

He didn’t skate around him on purpose. He skated into him and the bubble deflected him.
  • Sega82mega
    2602 posts Member
    edited January 5
    I wonder what to decide that. I bealive if the puck carrier dekes before the opponent flick the RS in the players direaction that he's aiming for to hit, the advantage is to the puck carrier that made the move first.

It look better on open ice and with some speed but I hate it when they just standing still against the board (like the clip) and is successful with it, or when just gliding. (for a longer distances)
  • I think if you hold down A it creates that bubble affect around you if your the one with the puck of course
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I wonder what to decide that. I bealive if the puck carrier dekes before the opponent flick the RS in the players direaction that he's aiming for to hit, the advantage is to the puck carrier that made the move first.

It look better on open ice and with some speed but I hate it when they just standing still against the board (like the clip) and is successful with it, or when just gliding. (for a longer distances)

That's how it should work. If you have enough room and make the first move. It should be more of a chance to get through the defense if they make a mistake.

The problem is definitely people exploiting the auto assist with checking. It's similar to first person shooter games. Your player will follow the puck carrier in a bubble but if the puck carrier knows how to beat the mechanics... you're just going to bounce off of them like rubber or completely miss.
  • Sega82mega
    2602 posts Member
    edited January 5
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

That's how it should work. If you have enough room and make the first move. It should be more of a chance to get through the defense if they make a mistake.

The problem is definitely people exploiting the auto assist with checking. It's similar to first person shooter games. Your player will follow the puck carrier in a bubble but if the puck carrier knows how to beat the mechanics... you're just going to bounce off of them like rubber or completely miss.

I hope next gen will put an end to this, or at least make it less notable.

If I charge up for a hit, I dont expect to "hug it out".

How would it be like if there wasen't no auto assist..? And why is it in the game, would it be impossible to get a clean hit if it wasen't for auto assist?
  • Still waiting for some insight
  • EA_Aljo
    Still waiting for some insight

There is no puck protection bubble. In your video, had they aimed their hit better, it would have connected.
    Still waiting for some insight

There is no puck protection bubble. In your video, had they aimed their hit better, it would have connected.

Why did my player stumble? He didnt make contact. If it was a miss, wouldn't I skate right by? There is a clear reaction, from zero contact.
  • @EA_Blueberry, @EA_Aljo. Why does my player stumble from contact that doesn't happen?
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Blueberry, @EA_Aljo. Why does my player stumble from contact that doesn't happen?

It's hard to tell if that's a stumble or animation from something else, possibly even one that's not intended. It would help to have a better angle with the replay.
    @EA_Blueberry, @EA_Aljo. Why does my player stumble from contact that doesn't happen?

It's hard to tell if that's a stumble or animation from something else, possibly even one that's not intended. It would help to have a better angle with the replay.

I've given 3 different angles. You want videos, we give videos. Now you want the perfect shot? What kind of angle should I get next time?

It's a very clear video in my opinion. I skate by and react to nothing. What would be the difference between a stumble and an animation? What else cause a stumble or animation? Clearly see a reaction to the puck carrier, what caused that reaction?