EA Forums - Banner

My Hopes for NHL 22

Nylander88TOR
121 posts Member
edited December 2020
EA has done a good job on NHL21, even though franchise and BAP has been very buggy (5th year in the nhl and eligible for the Calder.) So here is my wish list.

Franchise -
1. Add real coaches for the AHL and NHL
2. Add a Free Agency mode like the trade deadline (with 10 min "days" over a week, with the option to speed it up to 2x and 4x speed)
3. Improve the mode
4. Improve the record book
5. Improve the stats, advanced states and such

Be A Pro
1. Improve what is already there
2. Add the option to play the Entire season in Europe and North America
3. Add The Option to sit through Free Agency and the Trade deadline
4. Add an improved Free Agency, the ability to barter with teams and deny contracts and go back to Europe and play until a settlement has been reached.

Other
1. Overhaul player customization.
2. Add first names to the player audio, not only last name audio.
3. Add tendency to the players, that way it puts distance between players overalls, say if 2 players have the same shooting stats, tendency's will have an effect on what each player does in situations and use advanced stats in prior REAL seasons, to be able to have tendencies
4. MAKE GAMEPLAY AWESOME

Post edited by Nylander88TOR on

Replies

• Only hope I have is that they make a game where the game actually plays the same each time you turn it on. I know it won't happen but thats my hope
  • For Offline only one wish ...
    Roster Sharing ,it took me forever to fix EA roster !

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • I wish for balance in the 1v1 modes. I think if this game were actually balanced it would be really fun.
  • I wish for balance in the 1v1 modes. I think if this game were actually balanced it would be really fun.

Offense will always have preference over defense in this game ,it's the way the elite and streamers want it
  • I hope another company develops a hockey game.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Davanial wrote: »
    I hope another company develops a hockey game.

This unfortunately I don't see happening ,one of the reasons we have what we have now
  • Player separation is my top hope and it's not even close. It never feels different to play with different players or teams. Makes franchise mode completely useless.
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    Player separation is my top hope and it's not even close. It never feels different to play with different players or teams. Makes franchise mode completely useless.

I know, it took them years to get Auston Matthews right from 2017-2020 he'd be scoring 20 goals and 30 assists, just not realistic enough. This is the first year I haven't had to customize him, Though I don't agree with his slapshot acc, it should be a point or 2 higher, he doesn't talk a ton of slapshots but when he does he scores quite a bit.
  • frenchfrog
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2
    Rozsos27 wrote: »
    Player separation is my top hope and it's not even close. It never feels different to play with different players or teams. Makes franchise mode completely useless.

That why we need roster sharing . .
    I did mine and created a wider gap between player ...ovr for nhler should between 70 to 95 ...and should be the same for every category ...(acc,cheking,speed...etc)
    it make this game so much cooler ..
    Im sorry but the people behind Ea roster
    Have no clue ..
    So many player have the same build ,way to many players have 80+ in shooting acc..
    Players who score an avg of 5 goal in the last 3years and have 85 shooting acc...
    Bobby ryan 80+ in skating yeah right the guys is probably one of the slowest fowards in the league
    And the prospect pool is all mess up..
    Player who are drafted, should be in ,the nhl team own their right ...
    I ve created around 65 missing players
    For franchise mode it s a must..
    On the prospect pool
    Stuzle is 70 ...went 3 ovr
    Lafreniere 82 went 1 st

Stuzle is a machine at the world junior..
    He should be like 78 .. or around that ..
    Anyways for offline
    We badly need roster sharing
    Cheers
    MRSENATEURS
  • frenchfrog wrote: »
    Rozsos27 wrote: »

That why we need roster sharing . .
    I did mine and created a wider gap between player ...ovr for nhler should between 70 to 95 ...and should be the same for every category ...(acc,cheking,speed...etc)
    it make this game so much cooler ..
    Im sorry but the people behind Ea roster
    Have no clue ..
    So many player have the same build ,way to many players have 80+ in shooting acc..
    Players who score an avg of 5 goal in the last 3years and have 85 shooting acc...
    Bobby ryan 80+ in skating yeah right the guys is probably one of the slowest fowards in the league
    And the prospect pool is all mess up..
    Player who are drafted, should be in ,the nhl team own their right ...
    I ve created around 65 missing players
    For franchise mode it s a must..
    On the prospect pool
    Stuzle is 70 ...went 3 ovr
    Lafreniere 82 went 1 st

Stuzle is a machine at the world junior..
    He should be like 78 .. or around that ..
    Anyways for offline
    We badly need roster sharing
    Cheers

Definitely agree and I've been a strong advocate for roster sharing and still am as their ratings are terrible, but I was thinking for a franchise mode only player like myself if they add roster sharing but don't change the rating system on their end then the incoming draft classes will just replace all the hard work the community would do with new rosters after a few years in franchise mode. Sad because I have even less hope of them overhauling the rating system than adding roster sharing.
  • Separate A.I. builds for different game modes and difficulties. Stop subjecting offline/hardcore gamers to the same A.I. made for casuals. And that's not the same as slider sets and tuners. If you wanna tweak your A.I. to bring in more players, fine. But throw those who wanna see actual progress a bone.
  • After seeing Madden’s small but extremely satisfying speed/pace change on the next-gen, I’m hoping we get a similar experience with NHL 22. This game does not balance speed with fatigue drain out well enough. Hockey can be very fast, I think the defaults are still a tad fast when it comes to how quick you can spin and start/stop then get to full speed, but even if you want to keep the default speed, you need to reward puck possession in the offensive zone and grinding more. Everyone knows it’s more tiring to play defense than offense. I would like to see a much more “fatigued” pace on each shift than the game currently allows for.

For example, I run 100 fatigue effect and like 18-20 recovery offline. Even my sliders don’t produce enough of a fatigue effect when players are dead. I think 100 fatigue effect needs to be even higher so that we get a variety of pace even within a shift, and also so that grinding and cycling is more rewarded than on the rush (or at least so offline players can do this). This would allow for more time and space in the zone the longer you have it as the defenders get tired. This also means the AI needs to improve at actually collapsing/playing their assignment and not being so quick to sprint all over the place and cover arbitrary parts of the ice for no reason.
  • Full customization of attributes in EASHL. We've been calling for that back since 16.