EA Forums - Banner

Please Fix Northwest Server Connection!

Hello just experience some of the worst games this week on NHL 21 with ping going from 91-133 in EASHL club. This only happens when we NW players go against South Central and East Coast players. Against NW players pings at 14-24. In HUT I get 99.6% of the time a ping of 37-61. My internet speeds are 100 upload and 300 download, along wired! I have purchased a new router, did all the resets and same results. Though when speedtesting on PC my speeds show up as normal. This never was a problem in previous EA Sports NHL games, and to a point I have quit Rivals, and barely play EASHL now, until the Northwest servers are fixed.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3224 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello just experience some of the worst games this week on NHL 21 with ping going from 91-133 in EASHL club. This only happens when we NW players go against South Central and East Coast players. Against NW players pings at 14-24. In HUT I get 99.6% of the time a ping of 37-61. My internet speeds are 100 upload and 300 download, along wired! I have purchased a new router, did all the resets and same results. Though when speedtesting on PC my speeds show up as normal. This never was a problem in previous EA Sports NHL games, and to a point I have quit Rivals, and barely play EASHL now, until the Northwest servers are fixed.

We should rule out any issues with your connection. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

We should rule out any issues with your connection. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here.

I have done all the resets. I will try again and post the screenshots. Although this is a problem for all of us in the NW region who play this game. bwv6l8vr6jd4.jpg This is my response time to EA servers from the Northwest Region. Unsure what else I need to put, as I didn't want to share my IP address.
  • EA_Aljo
    3224 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I have done all the resets. I will try again and post the screenshots. Although this is a problem for all of us in the NW region who play this game. bwv6l8vr6jd4.jpg This is my response time to EA servers from the Northwest Region. Unsure what else I need to put, as I didn't want to share my IP address.

You can send me a private message with the screenshot. Make sure all the instructions are followed. Every column should be filled out.
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    edited December 2020
    I’m in Calgary and not experiencing any of this. There was a period of time a few weeks ago where I was experiencing wild pings to all servers, and it was an ISP routing issue. Are you with Shaw?

If people are lagging out individually it’s a home network issue. I know you said you had a tech out, but unless the game is booting everyone it’s not server related.

The servers are in the same locations between 20 and 21 so not sure why you’re seeing a difference if you know you’re connecting to the same server (NW I assume for 11ms). Are you sure you’re not just connecting to a more distant server, and thus seeing higher pings?
  • Socair wrote: »
    I’m in Calgary and not experiencing any of this. There was a period of time a few weeks ago where I was experiencing wild pings to all servers, and it was an ISP routing issue. Are you with Shaw?

If people are lagging out individually it’s a home network issue. I know you said you had a tech out, but unless the game is booting everyone it’s not server related.

The servers are in the same locations between 20 and 21 so not sure why you’re seeing a difference if you know you’re connecting to the same server (NW I assume for 11ms). Are you sure you’re not just connecting to a more distant server, and thus seeing higher pings?

We keep getting booted in our club. Last game we got a black screen where we couldn't play. I'm in BC also and servers seem to be horrible here for majority of us. I did speed tests and my internets good on a wired connection. I'm also on a 100 upload and 300 download internet plan. Not with Shaw or Telus.
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Download/upload speeds aren’t correlated to pings so that doesn’t really matter. If you’re the only club member playing (roster player) and get a lag out, it will boot everyone out of the game. The black screen is a desync that shouldn’t be happening routinely.
    Download/upload speeds aren’t correlated to pings so that doesn’t really matter. If you’re the only club member playing (roster player) and get a lag out, it will boot everyone out of the game. The black screen is a desync that shouldn’t be happening routinely.

Everyone is a member of the club, and we are in the dressing room. This is what happened in the 3rd game we played.
  • [quote="DethcoreRtchyTTV;c-2176531"][quote="Socair;c-2176528"]Download/upload speeds aren’t correlated to pings so that doesn’t really matter. If you’re the only club member playing (roster player) and get a lag out, it will boot everyone out of the game. The black screen is a desync that shouldn’t be happening routinely. [/quote]

Everyone is a member of the club, and we are in the dressing room. This is what happened in the 3rd game we played. [/quote]

This same black screen comes up sometimes when you get a penalty shot. Been that way since release.

Everyone is a member of the club, and we are in the dressing room. This is what happened in the 3rd game we played.

Do you guys use a human goalie?

Sometimes but in this particular game we didn't. Took us 13 tries to get game yesterday without this happening. We also checked out internet and were good. Been an issue since the game came out where black syncing screen occurs. Drop-in is where it happens most.
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »

Sometimes but in this particular game we didn't. Took us 13 tries to get game yesterday without this happening. We also checked out internet and were good. Been an issue since the game came out where black syncing screen occurs. Drop-in is where it happens most.

The load in black screen that says “syncing” is normal. It basically replaced the crowd or outdoor scene pan. It tends to last longer if you are on a gen 5 console as you load into the game quicker than gen 4 players.
  • DethcoreRtchyTTV
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2

The load in black screen that says “syncing” is normal. It basically replaced the crowd or outdoor scene pan. It tends to last longer if you are on a gen 5 console as you load into the game quicker than gen 4 players.

It's been an issue since the start as game will sync and stay like that for awhile then freeze. One of my buddies kept getting it in 3's during a penalty shot, and then the game disconnected. He is also on a wired gigabyte internet plan in the United States, as there were some gamechangers experiencing it also.
  • As you also seen in the video, the clock was running down because the opposing team quit due to the black screen issue.

It's been an issue since the start as game will sync and stay like that for awhile then freeze. One of my buddies kept getting it in 3's during a penalty shot, and then the game disconnected. He is also on a wired gigabyte internet plan in the United States, as there were some gamechangers experiencing it also.

Do you or any of your team mates play on anything but an open NAT?
  • Give up, EA doesnt give two sticks about us western players. Adding a south central server before a real central server was the final nail in my coffin. Haven't played the game other than my LG and Tourny commitments and I dont miss fighting the connection on a nightly basis.
  • Give up, EA doesnt give two sticks about us western players. Adding a south central server before a real central server was the final nail in my coffin. Haven't played the game other than my LG and Tourny commitments and I dont miss fighting the connection on a nightly basis.

I feel you on that! Northwest keeps getting overlooked. Had my ISP here for hours, we replaced the router, ethernet cable, and did some ping testing. My speeds are 100/300 mbps. Pings at 4 milliseconds. We used an open port to see if it helped, but didn't. After troubleshooting we noticed ping response from the Northwest region of my area was 99 milliseconds to EA sports NHL Amazon servers which are located in Oregon. Any previous game of EA sports NHL I have sat from 7-13 milliseconds. This year it's 40 to 60. My clubs basically postponed because our North West guys cannot play with a stable internet connection when our members from South Central and East Coast get 100 millisecond ping as we are hosting. Pretty annoying! I lost 10 games straight in Rivals, due to players ragging and my players not responding because of slow ping response. I was a top 200 player last year. Now I can barely get any games played because it's discouraging as hell.

We are all on wired connections. My ISP found out we were getting 99 milliseconds from the Northwest to Amazon servers in Oregon that EA has for some reason turned to. Have done everything possible and at this point I'm just done with NHL 21...

I feel you on that! Northwest keeps getting overlooked. Had my ISP here for hours, we replaced the router, ethernet cable, and did some ping testing. My speeds are 100/300 mbps. Pings at 4 milliseconds. We used an open port to see if it helped, but didn't. After troubleshooting we noticed ping response from the Northwest region of my area was 99 milliseconds to EA sports NHL Amazon servers which are located in Oregon. Any previous game of EA sports NHL I have sat from 7-13 milliseconds. This year it's 40 to 60. My clubs basically postponed because our North West guys cannot play with a stable internet connection when our members from South Central and East Coast get 100 millisecond ping as we are hosting. Pretty annoying! I lost 10 games straight in Rivals, due to players ragging and my players not responding because of slow ping response. I was a top 200 player last year. Now I can barely get any games played because it's discouraging as hell.

My experience exactly

We are all on wired connections. My ISP found out we were getting 99 milliseconds from the Northwest to Amazon servers in Oregon that EA has for some reason turned to. Have done everything possible and at this point I'm just done with NHL 21...
    I'd wager your uotrace takes the same detour around the Easter USA just to go to Oregon that mine takes.

I'd wager your uotrace takes the same detour around the Easter USA just to go to Oregon that mine takes.

Yes it does and the only North American server it connects to is in Manitoba which isn't a Northwest province. Games were good today after getting lucky against players in my province. But anywhere else it's a nightmare.