EA Forums - Banner

Behind the net is broken in Xbox WOC

I'm not sure if anyone else has had the problem, but when I'm a defenseman trying to rip a shot around the boards behind my net from either side, my player will frequently fire the puck either off the back of the net or clumsily fire the puck at my goalie or dangerously into the slot area.

This never used to be an issue in NHL 20.

Also, there seems to be a section of the boards on the Dzone half wall where the puck will get stuck.

Not a fan of either of these considering they're significant hurdles to controlled DZ exits.

Thoughts?

Replies

• kyl_35
    105 posts Member
    Lol, one time I went to rim it on the PK, hit the back/side of the net off a face-off win and the puck bounced over the glass. Got a delay of game penalty.
  • belair_col wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had the problem, but when I'm a defenseman trying to rip a shot around the boards behind my net from either side, my player will frequently fire the puck either off the back of the net or clumsily fire the puck at my goalie or dangerously into the slot area.

This never used to be an issue in NHL 20.

Also, there seems to be a section of the boards on the Dzone half wall where the puck will get stuck.

Not a fan of either of these considering they're significant hurdles to controlled DZ exits.

Thoughts?

Yes - this is a change from a change.

When '20 launched - using the shoot button to fire the puck around the boards in the offensive zone was malfunctioning like you described.

They then patched in a fix:
    clappy_NHL wrote: »
    Gameplay
    ----
    - Fixed an issue where slapshots in the defensive end would target your own net instead of the left stick direction

It would appear that something has happened to revert the above change and we're back to the slapshots in the D-Zone targeting your own net rather than left stick direction.

• Would be awesome to see if this can be fixed in an upcoming patch or if there's been a change to the mechanic we're just not aware of that's making it target our own net. @NHLDev ?