EA Forums - Banner

Squad Battles broken AGAIN...What Have You DONE EA

Prev134
Timmoore777
36 posts Member
edited January 4
@EA_Aljo

OK, 2 or 3 weeks ago things seemed to get better playing SB. NOW it seems to have changed AGAIN...for the worse of course. EA must have dropped a patch that I was unaware of.

Now the AI opponent is in GOD mode ALWAYS. WHY can't EA figure this out. MY GOD FIX THIS GAME!!!!!!

Not only have u increased the AI opponent play, you have dumbed down my AI teammates along with a list of other issues a mile long, like missed 1 timers, EVERY OTHER SHOT GOES WIDE...etc, etc, etc, etc, too many to list.

Replies

• @EA_Aljo

OK, 2 or 3 weeks ago things seemed to get better playing SB. NOW it seems to have changed AGAIN...for the worse of course. EA must have dropped a patch that I was unaware of.

Now the AI opponent is in GOD mode ALWAYS. WHY can't EA figure this out. MY GOD FIX THIS GAME!!!!!!

Not only have u increased the AI opponent play, you have dumbed down my AI teammates along with a list of other issues a mile long, like missed 1 timers, EVERY OTHER SHOT GOES WIDE...etc, etc, etc, etc, too many to list.

i noticed some sort of that too but i think its just a peak of low difficulty mode between the most difficult to the easiest. two days after the patch 1.3 i saw a huge difference in CPU gameplay. right now it seems to be back to normal so that why i think its a peak between easiest and hardest in superstar mode or other mode
  • My own theory, but I think that EA servers have been clogged up. Too little maintenance under the christmas hollidays when alot of people had free time and played the game.
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Aljo

Nothing has changed with AI behavior recently. The only changes are the ones you see in the patch notes.
  • 100% something has changed, and its not server related. My ability is the same...the way I play is the same. The game play is 100% different. Everything about the game play is off.

1st you put out an inferior product, then you make some changes that actually helped a little, NOW ITS WORSE THAN EVER. Your dev team/QA team should be ashamed of themselves for putting this out in the 1st place AND THEN breaking it again. I will never spend another penny on an EA product.
  • Got to admit that even as a new player, the AI opposition seems to be - at best - inconsistent.

Two days ago, I swept my four opponents on all-star. Three shutouts. One of the opponents was 92 rated with a bunch of synergies active, and they didn't score.

Yesterday, after every all-star match was constant pressure from whistle to whistle and I was sneaking wins in OT, I switched down to pro for the last game. Lost 0-4 to an 84-rated squad.

Even the TOTY challenges feel like it. Played one of the games where I had to win and get a shutout. Was 2-0 up with 34 seconds to play in a game that I absolutely dominated, and it was like a switch suddenly flipped. Conceded two and lost in OT without taking another shot. Didn't score in five subsequent attempts at the challenge.

I realise I'm not the best player (or even a good one) but there seems to be some pretty big changes happening from one minute to the next. I get that teams can change tactics, but how does that make them suddenly able to close every single passing lane at lightning speed, retain the puck after every hit, and be able to play four passes in half a second before scoring?
  • @EA_Aljo

The only reason that has ever made sense to me from hearing from devs is that certain ai strategies are very challenging. I notice if I get an easy lead early in a game the ai gets way better in response. But not always.I have had the theory of there being a scale of difficulty levels within each level but never had this confirmed.
  • MikeyAU630
    287 posts Member
    edited January 7
    I think it's a combination of different AI strategies and the fact that the AI is just massively inconsistent this year. Even with the same strategies, AI players are sometimes terrible, sometimes amazing. I see it in both HUT and EASHL 3s.
  • > @MikeyAU630 said:
    > I think it's a combination of different AI strategies and the fact that the AI is just massively inconsistent this year. Even with the same strategies, AI players are sometimes terrible, sometimes amazing. I see it in both HUT and EASHL 3s.

I agree, but the question is why is the AI so variable when a bad team should always be bad. If EA comes out and tells us that sometimes a bad team is capable of overachieving I wouldn't complain, but no one ever says this. It's all related to strategies. I don't understand what strategy I"m facing every time enough to judge that, but even during a game I notice how the AI can play better or worse through the game. I like that in a way because it's like real people sometimes cranking up their effort a notch. But ultimately you should not have a 70s team playing like a 90 team ever.
  • PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @MikeyAU630 said:
    > I think it's a combination of different AI strategies and the fact that the AI is just massively inconsistent this year. Even with the same strategies, AI players are sometimes terrible, sometimes amazing. I see it in both HUT and EASHL 3s.

I agree, but the question is why is the AI so variable when a bad team should always be bad. If EA comes out and tells us that sometimes a bad team is capable of overachieving I wouldn't complain, but no one ever says this. It's all related to strategies. I don't understand what strategy I"m facing every time enough to judge that, but even during a game I notice how the AI can play better or worse through the game. I like that in a way because it's like real people sometimes cranking up their effort a notch. But ultimately you should not have a 70s team playing like a 90 team ever.

change strategies on the fly like 1-2-2 passive or 1-2-2 agressive,no forecheck or full forecheck,etc. when behind or CPU seem play like god, try the quick swap goaler,ask for timeout cause it work lot. to day there is one squad game i won 6-4 so i replay it and i was behind 4-2 at the end of 2nd period. i did what i wrote above and the game finished 10-5 for me
  • It's not even worth it anymore. You can win all the games. You can play well but the rewards suck and it's almost impossible to get into the top 100 especially when if you win all your games by 5 with 20 shots in all games, you can only get into top 100 by luck of the draw of how many 90 teams you played against. As if we get to choose who we play. What a joke.
  • FFDP1975
    38 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Just lost this game, base card from 78 to 82 with Fleury base in net, how can I win against the 90 overall TOTW 12 - 2 but lose 2 - 1 against this team, what a joke.ijaiyojslai3.jpg
    hfsuyhq8vk8k.jpg

Here my replay. No comment.
    61yujtyclhaj.jpg
    Post edited by FFDP1975 on
  • FFDP1975 wrote: »
    Just lost this game, base card from 78 to 82 with Fleury base in net, how can I win against the 90 overall TOTW 12 - 2 but lose 2 - 1 against this team, what a joke.ijaiyojslai3.jpg
    hfsuyhq8vk8k.jpg

Here my replay. No comment.
    61yujtyclhaj.jpg

This is one of the best examples of the issue I've seen.

I was mixing it up last week, playing one set on all-star and then the next on pro, and the results were all over the place. Dominated and beat a 90-rated side on all-star by 6-0, then refreshed and get turned over 1-3 by a 78-rated side on pro, who would barely allow me to complete a single pass. Refreshed and won the match easily.

I don't mind a challenge. I prefer it, in fact. But I have no idea what sort of game I'm in for from one match to the next, and I certainly don't know how to counteract when the AI decides that they're going to have 8,932 players forechecking.
    > @MikeyAU630 said:

change strategies on the fly like 1-2-2 passive or 1-2-2 agressive,no forecheck or full forecheck,etc. when behind or CPU seem play like god, try the quick swap goaler,ask for timeout cause it work lot. to day there is one squad game i won 6-4 so i replay it and i was behind 4-2 at the end of 2nd period. i did what i wrote above and the game finished 10-5 for me

I'll have to get a better backup. Have to try some of those things.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo

Nothing has changed with AI behavior recently. The only changes are the ones you see in the patch notes.

One thing I've noticed, is stacked teams with 2 silver goalies always seem to be the most difficult. Even a God squad team with toty vassy and a bronze backup (90 ovr team with that tandem in net) isn't so bad compared to 2 silver goalies in net resulting in an 84/85 ovr team. Heck even the stacked 95ovr teams are easier than the ones with 2 silver goalies.

The only times I've ever lost to the ai, are against the stacked teams with 2 silver goalies. I'm scoring 10 to 20 goals a game on average with 0-4 goals against on average. It's a noticeable difference when you play enough.

Is there a way to change the way the game selects opponent teams to only include teams with at least one gold rated goalie? That might solve 2 problems at once. The low goalie overall increasing the variance between the two team overalls causing a boost to the lower team (yes it's in the game, that's why the under 80 base bronze and silver teams are juiced some times) would be lessened, and you wouldn't have top sb players purposely putting in 2 trash goalies to reduce the overall of the team and causing both lower points to be won, and making the team even harder to beat than it should be given they're using garbage goalies.
    PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @MikeyAU630 said:

I'll have to get a better backup. Have to try some of those things.

Sometimes that doesn't work. Some teams the person knows what strategy setting will make their ai God mode, and if they have a stacked team with 2 silver goalies and those strategies, good luck.

Replaying sometimes helps, but sometimes the team is even worse. There's no guarantee. Same with the backup goalie. Sometimes swapping goalies helps, sometimes it makes no difference.
    > @MikeyAU630 said:

And sometimes none of that makes any difference.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo

EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo

I call **** on this statement
    I have stopped playing SB’s for the most part 1 month ago after the last patch broke gameplay
    Now I’m seeing that more people are experiencing the same issues I experienced too.

This is the last year I buy the game
    Tired of the mods on here denying DDA/Momentum exists

TLDR
    Never buy packs - the higher overall players are no match for the CPU silver players as long as DDA exists
  • 100% something has changed, and its not server related. My ability is the same...the way I play is the same. The game play is 100% different. Everything about the game play is off.

1st you put out an inferior product, then you make some changes that actually helped a little, NOW ITS WORSE THAN EVER. Your dev team/QA team should be ashamed of themselves for putting this out in the 1st place AND THEN breaking it again. I will never spend another penny on an EA product.

Couldn’t agree more
  • Could the answer be as simple as... RNG? Just to make games more "dynamic"? Would explain a lot of those issues described.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Could the answer be as simple as... RNG? Just to make games more "dynamic"? Would explain a lot of those issues described.

I think there's something that effects how much of a boost the team gets based on the difference of overalls between the ai team and user team. The hardest games for me consistently are stacked teams with 2 silver goalies or a silver and a bronze goalie. They can be as low as an 84 overall but basically be a God squad aside from the goalies. Those are the teams that drive me nuts and are responsible for any games I don't get a max score on.

In the current set of 4 teams I had, the only team that gave me any real trouble was an 84ovr squad. Basically all solid cards, master icons, msp couturier, 91 Lemieux etc. Had a 72 silver 6'1 goalie and a 61 bronze backup. The game was just as sweaty as playing a top 20 hut Champs player. Even the replay which was needed because I went from being up 8-2 to start the 3rd, to going to OT 8-8. Won it in OT. Replayed and won 13-4. The first period felt just like the first game, but they settled down a bit for the rest of the game. Still applying heavy pressure (even though the strategies weren't high pressure) for the rest of the game, just not in the going insane level of pressure.

There's some under 80 teams that give a lot of hassle and problems, but they're by no means unbeatable. Just annoying for the fact that they're trash grade cards playing like they're 99s. They're definitely far more manageable though.