EA Forums - Banner

we all want to know what you like in this game

yeah why not to give feed back to Ea about what we like or like that was removed so they keep the stuff for next gen or game.

the game is perfect for me so i'm not a good reference lol.

the F2P Hut is great this year,i was able to build a very good deck.CPu seems to be easier than nhl20 so happy with it. Gameplay squad battles give more opportunity to scores goals and make stats more real for players with +1 pts per game. Rivals gamepaly allow game of 2-1 or 7-6 scores. Hut event are just amazing.i heard many times the leaderboard was great last year and poeple would like its bring back. stats for card players are fun to watch too,etc

do you want to add something you like in this game?

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3531 posts Member
    edited January 6
    Nice thread!

Im all about gameplay but the other stuff can of course make it even better.

My opinion is that this game is the best game of hockey from EA that I’ve played, at least as longest I can remember.

But there's still things I dont like, it's a tough one, cause it's mainly about how other's choose to play, this constantly hustle, without any control of what we doing, forcing the puck forward no mather what it takes.

Opponent's that play this way has a really bad influence on the gameplay, especially by the way I try to play, so when I try to do my "hockey stuff" I usally gets run over by a frantically poke or hit. Call me bad loser or whatever, but this kinda uncontrollable gameplay were things just happens higgledy-piggledy, isn't my cup of tea.

But it's better now then ever, so I have high hopes that the future will bring me good!
  • Gameplay is the worst and I’ve been playing since 93,

Need to bring back seasons, rivals is ok short term, lost interest now

Like to see injuries reintroduced that lasts longer than current game, this would at least add an element of squad rotation

Also cs need to be reintroduced

Basically bring back some the stuff that made the game enjoyable
  • thebrazenhead75
    151 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Playing 6’s with friends.

That’s essentially the only reason I play this game no matter how much garbage is in it.

Customizing/tweaking my EASHL player was fun but obviously that was taken away.
  • New to HUT, but have been playing NHL on and off since the 16-bit days. Gameplay, I can't really comment on, other than to say that I'm having fun.

Coming from FIFA Ultimate Team, HUT is a breath of fresh air. *ducks for cover* :smiley:

Some will disagree, but it's as if FUT is solely about bleeding as much money from the addicted playerbase as possible whilst giving the bare minimum back. Whereas HUT seems to be about making money (obviously) whilst also providing an entertaining experience. I got some points gifted to me, so was pay-to-play for about a week, but decided to start from scratch on the F2P road now I understand things a bit better.

Within a couple of days, I've got a couple of low-level icons and an 86 OVR team that I enjoy using. I don't have many coins, but because there's so much to do offline with Squad Battles, Challenges, and HUT Rush, I don't feel like I'm constantly chasing rewards in order to "keep up" as I had to in FIFA due to that game's constant insistence that you absolutely MUST play online.

I would like that feeling to stay in future NHL games. I get that not everyone wants to play against the CPU, but I like it.
  • Squad Battles was a huge improvement and I'll remain a customer as long as the mode exists. My only issue with Squads is not being the home team half the time.

The 'Weekly Event' pack with the guaranteed collectable and player item is also a major plus the past 2 seasons.

Removing Contracts and Injuries has been a nice change but I find myself not using as many players early in the season as I've done in the past.

1 minute period event challenges should be the norm and I liked seeing those the last couple weeks but challenges still lack event player rewards.
  • glad to see you guys can says there is positives things in the game
  • > @Stephlefan6AX said:
    > yeah why not to give feed back to Ea about what we like or like that was removed so they keep the stuff for next gen or game.
    >
    > the game is perfect for me so i'm not a good reference lol.
    >
    > the F2P Hut is great this year,i was able to build a very good deck.CPu seems to be easier than nhl20 so happy with it. Gameplay squad battles give more opportunity to scores goals and make stats more real for players with +1 pts per game. Rivals gamepaly allow game of 2-1 or 7-6 scores. Hut event are just amazing.i heard many times the leaderboard was great last year and poeple would like its bring back. stats for card players are fun to watch too,etc
    >
    > do you want to add something you like in this game?

Interesting that you find SB Cpu easier this year. For me it's the exact opposite. I'm guessing it's because i'm not a great finesse scorer. I did think I was getting better but honestly last year I was regularly able to beat teams 80 or less on Superstar and this year I just gave it up and am sticking with Pro for everything and even semipro for teams in the high 80s.
  • PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @Stephlefan6AX said:
    > yeah why not to give feed back to Ea about what we like or like that was removed so they keep the stuff for next gen or game.
    >
    >
    > the F2P Hut is great this year,i was able to build a very good deck.CPu seems to be easier than nhl20 so happy with it. Gameplay squad battles give more opportunity to scores goals and make stats more real for players with +1 pts per game. Rivals gamepaly allow game of 2-1 or 7-6 scores. Hut event are just amazing.i heard many times the leaderboard was great last year and poeple would like its bring back. stats for card players are fun to watch too,etc
    >

Interesting that you find SB Cpu easier this year. For me it's the exact opposite. I'm guessing it's because i'm not a great finesse scorer. I did think I was getting better but honestly last year I was regularly able to beat teams 80 or less on Superstar and this year I just gave it up and am sticking with Pro for everything and even semipro for teams in the high 80s.

Cpu was harder last year on checking and forecheck i guess. turnover in def zone was a goal every times. i honestly don't think there is a difference with difficulty level and playing superstar its a benefice to improve. i suggest to watch all video of sleeveless gaming and henreek and other youtuber cause it help a lot to learn gameplay and strategies
  • Gameplay is the worst and I’ve been playing since 93,

Like to see injuries reintroduced that lasts longer than current game, this would at least add an element of squad rotation

Gameplay is the worst and I’ve been playing since 93,

Yea but then you just pay for the healing card which will defeat the purpose
  • Strain20 wrote: »

Yea but then you just pay for the healing card which will defeat the purpose

Keep healing cards out of game, player becomes unavailable for injury period
  • PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @Stephlefan6AX said:
    >
    >
    >

Yep - I agree. The last update broke SB play
    It’s inconsistent at best, but this is the very nature of EA implementing a mechanic such as DDA/Momentum

And yes, it exists!
  • EA_Aljo
    2897 posts EA Community Manager
    PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @Stephlefan6AX said:
    >
    >
    >

It’s inconsistent at best, but this is the very nature of EA implementing a mechanic such as DDA/Momentum

And yes, it exists!

It does not exist. You're always welcome to provide videos showing what is perceived to be DDA.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    PaulOBrien wrote: »
    > @Stephlefan6AX said:
    >
    >
    >

And yes, it exists!

It does not exist. You're always welcome to provide videos showing what is perceived to be DDA.

Well personally I think ea has been doing an amazing job at making sure the jext company to release a nhl title with online play similar to hut will have a large player base without having to spend money on advertising. When you never take action and lie to your player base consistently you open the door for competition to swoop in and take them all.