EA Forums - Banner

New Divisions and 56 Game Schedule

I'm interested in getting NHL 21, but I want to know if they patched the game to have the new divisions and the 56 game schedule. Does anyone have the game that can answer this?

The game always has the official schedule so if it isn't the 56 game schedule then did they just make up a fake schedule?

Replies

• There is no 56 game season mode as of yet. I tried to rearrange teams in season mode in order to at least play with teams in the proper divisions. That lasted for one game until I realized that AHL affiliations didn't change with the teams. I've posted this bug and received no response.

At the start of a season you can trade teams between divisions, but if you trade Calgary for Minnesota then Stockton becomes the farm club for Minnesota and Iowa goes to Calgary except for a few European prospects that remain attached to the proper team.

Maybe a patch is coming.
  • So the schedule is completely fake then? That's terrible. Totally not interested in 21 then. I'll stick to 20.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4166 posts EA Community Manager
    There are currently no plans for it as far as I'm aware. We'll let the team know it's an area of interest for you all. At least to me, it would make sense to have the Franchise in NHL 22 start off as 56 games since it's going to represent the season starting today.
  • I was hoping for an update with the new divisions and schedule too, especially since EA just posted an article simming the season under the new alignment.

I guess that was just a mean tease. :/
  • There are currently no plans for it as far as I'm aware. We'll let the team know it's an area of interest for you all. At least to me, it would make sense to have the Franchise in NHL 22 start off as 56 games since it's going to represent the season starting today.

That would be great if NHL 21 had a real representation of the actual season with its different divisions, schedule size and only playing games with in the division. Not all of us play the game online chel or hut.
  • Yeah, NHL 21 season mode with the actual current NHL schedule and current divisions would be much appreciated!
  • Personally, in FM, it would be pretty boring playing against the same 7 teams over and over again and back to back and never playing against anyone else outside of your realigned division.
  • There are currently no plans for it as far as I'm aware. We'll let the team know it's an area of interest for you all. At least to me, it would make sense to have the Franchise in NHL 22 start off as 56 games since it's going to represent the season starting today.

Not a terrible idea as long as you have a roster set that would "rewind" everything to that day (in what will be the past). That would include organizational rosters, draft picks, etc. AND what might be a complex problem to solve - player ages.

It would have to be a special mode/roster that could start us off in the past. But I think it would be cool if they did right.
  • yarg232 wrote: »
    Personally, in FM, it would be pretty boring playing against the same 7 teams over and over again and back to back and never playing against anyone else outside of your realigned division.

Nah, it's a uniqueness you're not going to get to experience in your lifetime again (let's hope). I mean, if EA actually recreated the schedule and made the arenas look like they do now, and evolve as they might over the course of the season, it would be fun.

Besides, playing the same team frequently builds rivalries and adds a mysticism to the other teams.

No offense, but I really hope this isn’t what is being worked on for NHL 22. There are so many other things that need to be addressed with this mode other than playing a schedule from the previous season. The NHL will (hopefully) be back to normal by the time 22 is released and the novelty of this year’s schedule/divisions will be gone and no longer as requested as it is now.
  • I'd like it but have it optional
  • I'd like it but have it optional

I agree, if this was a second option to the 82 game schedule, that would be fine. However, like other members stated and I have stated, there are way too many current problems with 21 that need to be fixed first over adding this to the mix.
  • yarg232 wrote: »
    I'd like it but have it optional

I agree, if this was a second option to the 82 game schedule, that would be fine. However, like other members stated and I have stated, there are way too many current problems with 21 that need to be fixed first over adding this to the mix.

very true.