EA Forums - Banner

Actually Done With This Years Game

Never in my life since playing an EA Sports NHL have I ever been done this early with it. NHL 21 though takes the cake! Since release my club has had such a tough time getting started because majority of our guys don't want to play on 100 ping if we Northwest players are hosting. And if they are we in NW don't want to play on 100 ping also. This year there seems to be no middle ground with server connection, as it's a toss up. Many clubs have backed out of games because of unfair connection. My club officially disbanded today for this legitimate reasoning! Was never an issue in previous games so why now? Tired of the excuses and being told to check my connection when clearly it isn't my own causing this. Half of the NHL 21 population is dealing with this issue and in 2021 I thought it would be fixed...

Played the Leafs gaming tournament yesterday, and went against a top 6 player, he had 500 upload and 100 download, I have 100 upload and 300 download. Ping was 500 milliseconds. We both ran speed tests and have now opted out for the rest of it, because of these frustrating servers.

Hopefully NHL 22 is better or the population is going to plummet like it already has. Even some known streamers barely play this game, unless it's for LG or Hut champs. They have mostly went to other games...

I'm just sick and tired of this! Never have I fully expressed my concerns in a manner like I am right now, but it's getting ridiculous when we cannot even play a tournament because of servers...

Replies

• I gave the game to my brother and my brother in law for Christmas and both say that the game isn't very enjoyable to play ,both have the same complaints about game play not being very realistic , hopefully things change in 22
  • I gave the game to my brother and my brother in law for Christmas and both say that the game isn't very enjoyable to play ,both have the same complaints about game play not being very realistic , hopefully things change in 22

Gameplay hasn't been too much of a concern for me, other than a few things nerfed like the cross-crease and poke checks. Bugs also need to be fixed since they have been ignored majority. My biggest issue is the servers. Many of the current gamers playing in a Leafs gaming tournament are dealing with unfair server connection. Even some of the bigger gamechangers discussed that issue the other day and aren't too pleased by this. I'm just hoping anyone from EA can fix these awful servers for us and get the connection back to what it was before NHL 21. NHL 20 never had this issue as I sat at 7-13 milliseconds on the same 100 upload and 300 download internet plan. @NHLDev @NHL_ONL_Producer anyway we could get a fix to this asap please.