EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: NHL 2021 Inaugural Season Discussion

EA_Blueberry
4166 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 13
qn15gsxugew1.png

Hey, NHL fans!

This week we are going to mix it up by stepping outside of the digital rink and discuss the start of the NHL 2021 season! Although, we did simulate the NHL season in NHL 21 to see who won. Check out the results here!

The puck will be dropping for the NHL 2021 season at 5:30PM ET with the Penguins and Flyers! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the regular season has been reduced to 56 games, tentatively scheduled to be held from January 13 to May 8, 2021. The Tampa Bay Lightning and Colorado Avalanche are the top two ranked teams heading into tonight.

It will be strange to have little to no fans in the stands too, even for those teams that played without fans in the stands in the 2020 postseason.

But if you missed hockey, don't miss it.

"Hopes are high," Avalanche coach Jared Bednar said. "Guys have put in a long offseason training to get ready for this. Excitement, jitters, all the stuff that comes with opening night, with the exception of fans cheering us on in our building, I think all those feelings and emotions that players normally go through, they're still there."

ESPN NHL Scoreboard/Schedule

ESPN NHL 2021 Season Power Rankings
ESPN Division Winner Predictions
NHL Super 16 Power Rankings

• What are your predictions for this NHL 2021 season?
  • Favorite team(s)?
  • Let's discuss the NHL 2021 season!

Vote in our poll on who you think will win the Stanley Cup!
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• ***So do I: but to add, is it really that big of a problem if blueberry start a thread were we can discuss NHL, real NHL hockey.. This has nothing to do with 'the game' and is a fun way to get to know each other on this community and just talk hockey and have fun. ***

I for one is glad NHL starts tonight (!), isn't that the reason why we like to play this game, (hockey).

Anyway, I put my money on Colorado this time, and Calgary as an outsider.

But holly molly, alot of teams can go all the way, I dont really have a clue yet.

And the all Canada league, mucho interesting! 😬

I have prepared all day to watch the battle of pennsylvania tonight. Let the games begin!
  • RoscoChronicle
    39 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    ***So do I: but to add, is it really that big of a problem if blueberry start a thread were we can discuss NHL, real NHL hockey.. This has nothing to do with 'the game' and is a fun way to get to know each other on this community and just talk hockey and have fun. ***
    -
    I don't think he's personally attacking Blueberry. We all know it's not Blueberry's fault, but I think he, like a lot of people, are tired of EA's EAvil practices that have brought down, waaaay down, the development and quality of their games.

And, basically, he's tired of pretending like EA care about their fanbase or the sports they try to represent in video games.

Also, he shouldn't be shamed for having a "non positive" opinion. It's been proven that being ether positive or negative, or anything in between, does nothing to change EA's EAvil ways. The EAvil has gone on for too long and nothing has changed. How much patience are we supposed to have? Another decade's worth?

I won't be shamed for saying it: EA doesn't deserve loyalty or the rights to put NHL on their boxes.

And FWIW: yes yes yes to the NHL season. Let's Go Isles. And what's even better news for today, is that EA will no longer have exclusive rights to Stars Wars after 2023. Disney is not renewing the exclusivity and other publishers already have deals to make Star Wars games.

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    ***So do I: but to add, is it really that big of a problem if blueberry start a thread were we can discuss NHL, real NHL hockey.. This has nothing to do with 'the game' and is a fun way to get to know each other on this community and just talk hockey and have fun. ***
    -
    I don't think he's personally attacking Blueberry. We all know it's not Blueberry's fault, but I think he, like a lot of people, are tired of EA's EAvil practices that have brought down, waaaay down, the development and quality of their games.

And, basically, he's tired of pretending like EA care about their fanbase or the sports they try to represent in video games.

Also, he shouldn't be shamed for having a "non positive" opinion. It's been proven that being ether positive or negative, or anything in between, does nothing to change EA's EAvil ways. The EAvil has gone on for too long and nothing has changed. How much patience are we supposed to have? Another decade's worth?

I won't be shamed for saying it: EA doesn't deserve loyalty or the rights to put NHL on their boxes.

And FWIW: yes yes yes to the NHL season. Let's Go Isles. And what's even better news for today, is that EA will no longer have exclusive rights to Stars Wars after 2023. Disney is not renewing the exclusivity and other publishers already have deals to make Star Wars games.

Yeah I understand. Some of the criticism is justified, no doubt.

I just think its sad that it seem to be impossible to start a more 'fun thread' without having this type of comments.

I dont mind the comment itself, but maybe start a own thread about the broken game or comment in already existent threads.

To separate diffrent topics.

Well well, won't go further OT with this.

Have a happy NHL evning! 😊

• EA_Blueberry
    4166 posts EA Community Manager
    The NHL team simmed this season and here were the results:

mfxegasebgsb.png
  • Beauts90
    66 posts Member
    edited January 15
    The NHL team simmed this season and here were the results:

mfxegasebgsb.png

I don't think I can believe this was done using NHL 21.It almost seems as if team overalls actually matter and performance isn't just a random mess... ;)
    Post edited by Beauts90 on
  • the Avs, actually very favored by experts, had a bad start against the Blues. let's see....
    Hope that my Sharks will (b)eat up the Coyotes tonight✌️
  • It dosent look awful but I place jets, flames, islanders and perhaps Florida on top 4, to the prize of, oilers, habs, blue jackets and rangers/Boston.

Buffalo and ottawa has something coming, but maybe not this year.

Canada league and East Division has most of my intrest.
  • Sega82mega
    2664 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Im watching the replay from leafs - habs, first time iv'e seen Alexander Romanov play... looks pretty slick on the ice, will probebly be a big star.

Fantasy owners of simmonds was probebly excited for a second, when he missed an open net... 🧐😬
  • https://mobile.twitter.com/Capitals/status/1349867107903795201

Nothing to see here, totally normal...🙄

• First NHL goal, what a way to do it...

.. And the man thats old enough to be he's father, Joe Thornton, did he's first goal as a leaf.

😊
  • thebiff
    4 posts New member
    Is there going to be an update for the ads on the helmets?
  • What is happening to the saga of EK65, is it over?

Havent had a chance to see him yet, but 1 point in 4 games and last place in +/-... - 6.
  • Sega82mega
    2664 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Whats the point for Matthew Tkachuk to wear mouthguard.... He use it like a gum! 😂

The outdoor game looked amazing with the settings and the lake just beside the rink. Too bad with the ice though.

Watching 'battle of alberta', Mcdavid is on another level, insane how good that man is. He might be the best we ever had on the ice. Wonderful to watch.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • Saw kings against blues, kings really good this year. Fun!