EA Forums - Banner

Chasing NHL Hitz Pro (Slider Thread)

Prev1
untouchable_BF1
1056 posts Member
edited January 25
Hey everyone, I don’t have the particular values of my set yet as it’s still very much a WIP, but wanted to start a thread to encourage slider theories, approaches, and sets. I will be updating this as I go, but would love to see how you all are approaching the game. I’ve had slideritis pretty bad the last three years due to the speed glitch. Idk what it is, but I can be playing my slider set to a 2-1 game, hit rematch with the same teams who have the same roster, and next game is 10-9 and every pass is caught and every shot goes in, I just don’t understand what makes the game do this.

An encouraging thing happened last night though, I tried a very “OOTB” approach and tried to recreate my experience with NHL Hitz Pro which I’ve always played from a broadcast/side view in 21. I was adjusting sliders mid game, played a few rematches, and from what I could tell, never saw an increase of speed, shot success rates, pass reception rates, or a lack of fatigue effect with my players. I’m playing from the “broadcast” camera (can’t stand playing from “true broadcast”) and I’m using hybrid controls + auto aim shooting. I was having great games and the CPU was giving me a pretty good fight.

The scrambles in the game are still not great with my set, I’m trying to fix that, but the CPU puck pickups are just way too automatic for any sort of dynamic play to happen. They absorb pucks than immediately accelerate to their 180 in physics-breaking fashion to escape all pressure. I’m trying to figure out a way to mitigate this via sliders and will also be giving cycloniac’s OS slider thread a look to get ideas on how to improve my game experience from a side view.

So that’s my big update for now. Hybrid controls from the broadcast camera with auto sim has made this game much more challenging and fun. The CPU just can’t handle the offense RS imo, but I’ve seen much better decision-making now that I don’t have that ability (or choose not too). They still don’t properly collapse when someone loses their mark though, that’s my biggest gripe atm. Will continue working and posting updates.
Post edited by untouchable_BF1 on

Replies

• Nice!

Im looking forward to follow this thread, and later on get some actually sliders to put in to my game.

I had a period when I played broadcast camera online, went from div 4 to 6, in a blinkning eye, I lost alot but I had fun, every shot felt so much better, well, it was a better feeling in alot more, but it sure wasen't easy.

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    Nice!

Im looking forward to follow this thread, and later on get some actually sliders to put in to my game.

I had a period when I played broadcast camera online, went from div 4 to 6, in a blinkning eye, I lost alot but I had fun, every shot felt so much better, well, it was a better feeling in alot more, but it sure wasen't easy.

Yeah I basically just switched to it and threw some really quick attributes at it and had some fun. Next time I get to my Xbox, I will probably plug-in Cyloniac’s from OperationSports and see if it’s a good fit. Looks like it.

I’m simply amazed at how much RS breaks the AI in this game though. If you don’t use it offensively which is me most of the time on broadcast camera, the AI get better automatically. What really needs to happen is the AI need to get a lot better at 1v1 play and using DSD, and the checking engine has to be reliable. Holding RS out should provide a bubble, slamming into the glass face first shouldn’t be a viable strategy, and boardplay/pins need to be able to trigger for a much wider range of body positions. Lots of defensive breakdowns online start with a dman following the forward into the boards who have their stick behind them with their face and shoulder slamming into the glass, the defender “checks” but it only does a slight bump, the the attacker either spins away or just makes their 60 mph, on the money pass with their face touching the glass, shoulders dislocated, all while being “checked”.

The sliders are in the game to force this kind of play to not be acceptable or doable, so I don’t get why we need to continue watching this play happen for the 8th straight year. Didn’t happen as much in the “animation hitting” days, but have plagued the game ever since physics-based hitting was a thing. It’s not reliable. Even Madden and FIFA really struggle with this stuff, it should be shelved until it can be done properly.
  • Hey I found a way to “chase” NHL Hitz. It was by getting dolphin and playing NHL Hitz. CPU cheating is so much less, zone time is rewarded, scrambles feel like hockey, and sliders actually work consistently. it’s just a better video game in general. Much more fun, surprisingly more strategic, and the AI are at worst equal with this game’s AI in some situations, easily better in lot of situations.
  • Thanks to “TNK” on OperationSports, I’ve found a set of sliders that have actually be serviceable and mitigate the blatant speed glitch symptoms very well. TNK, like all slider makers who play this game enough to notice small deviations in gameplay, was struggling with his set due to the speed glitch. He found that turning acceleration sliders to 0 for both human and computer seemed to do a fairly good job at mitigating the effects. After many games of testing, I can confirm that this setting has had a great impact on that experience. I still believe I can tell when the speed glitch kicks in due to how the defense becomes less stingy in the NZ, goalies start becoming less “sloppy” (more perfect/clean saves from in-close that result in bobbled/unclean saves prior to the speed glitch) but scoring doesn’t become that much easier due to the fact that the acceleration (or lack thereof) prevents you from really abusing the radical cuts the speed glitch usually allows you to do with the blatant acceleration buff it gives.

Playing on All-Star with my current set, I’ve seen goals through screens, lots of tips, and it’s even feasible to snipe the goalies on breakaways which is usually non-existent on default sliders. I have continued plugging away at my league now that these sliders exist for me. No restarts, no slider juggling, I’m able to just play the game finally and accept that this is about as good as it will get. Will post these values the next time I’m at my Xbox.

Last thing I want to mention, the “speed glitch” appears to kick-in whenever the CPU coach gets to a point in the game where they make a more aggressive strategy adjustment. For whatever reason, the game gets faster and goals tend to happen easier. Also, I’ve managed to score two 3rd period goals late the past three games to tie the game up with whatever team is losing (I always plays 1/2 with each team, then final minute of a game with the losing team). I haven’t adjusted my strategies nor the CPU team’s but the CPU has made some just boneheaded decisions in the final minute of three games now to blow 2-goal leads. Seems like some catch-up logic at work which would make work hand-in-hand with the speed glitch, but I’m convinced this “issue” will never receive an answer or a fix. It’s a shame, because I’d love to just sit back and enjoy my slider set, but these issues make it hard to not slip a tinfoil hat on, especially without any proper acknowledgement.
  • Aah okey, but all in all it sounds like you can put up with it. Some sort of middle way!

I cant wait for you to give us the magic numbers... 😏
    Aah okey, but all in all it sounds like you can put up with it. Some sort of middle way!

I cant wait for you to give us the magic numbers... 😏

So far I’ve been loving the gameplay except for one-timers. When the speed glitch is active which I’ve been trying to maintain so that I can at least have consistent gameplay, the one-timer accuracy slider is just completely irrelevant. Even at 0/100, my one-timers rarely miss the net. This has led to games usually being 4-3, 5-4 for me on 7 minute periods, but the gameplay has been satisfying despite the high scores. I’m scoring a lot of first shot goals in scenarios that seem believable to me, seeing a lot of pressure from the AI thanks to my strategy adjustments, seeing tips, screens, and rebound goals as well.

The only other part of my gameplay that has been a real pain is something I’m sure I can fix. The CPU is just completely scared of the human when you use RS along the wall. I’ll see the D properly read to step up and check me on the wall in the NZ, the AI will get right next to me, then if I use RS will hitch slightly and not make the play. This has been an issue for years but unfortunately remains unfixed. This problem becomes more problematic on my 0 acceleration sliders as you can really torch the CPU D at times. I’m debating upping their acceleration to 5 and their speed down to 5 below my current human value in hopes of balancing out their ridiculous acceleration.

I’ll really try to get the values soon, but if you want a base, look up “cycloniac” on OperationSports as my set is a modified version of that one. I’m really trying to nail down the testing before giving values so that it plays as smooth as I could possibly get it via sliders and strategies.

Like my 20 sliders, the biggest thing you’ll notice is how fast puck carriers are but they’re balanced out by having very low agility compared to the rest of the ice (I think I’m at 90 or 95 agility for both human and CPU). Goalies are pretty dang fast and can keep up with you when driving the net hard while using a simple Deke. Where they’re susceptible is when you have time to come in slower, can Deke a few times back and forth, and you’ll actually really get them out of position. This is balanced out by the CPU defense being set to “high pressure” as finding opportunities to come in slow and be methodical have to be earned. Just today, I’ve scored a 2-on-1 far side snipe where I can in and actually cut right at the defender, yanked it back to my forehand away to slow myself down a bit, then continued my glide towards the far side and pulled and snapped the shot just above the pad (this was setup by poking the CPU dman in my zone at the point, and because I already had speed, I absolutely burned the strong side defender in realistic fashion, and the Weakside guy simply sprinted back with my Weakside winger so it was a very realistic play to watch). I’ve also scored a five hole goal on purpose on a breakaway while coming in with speed, a few screen goals, and a few shots that just beat the goalie in a realistic way through an armpit or five hole due to taking a quick shot after one to two “stickhandles” which was nice to see. Hitting is effective but not over the top. The only thing I’m struggling to generate are penalties. Only seeing about 1-2 a game and I’d like to see more.

All being said, I’m finding this set to be a fun representation of an “esport” in NHL 21. It’s not terribly frustrating with loose pucks and whatnot, but it’s just sloppy enough to a point where scoring isn’t completely automatic assuming you’re not just looking to exploit the game. Being fancy or gritty can be rewarding, I’ve actually pulled off the new RS + RT Deke’s beautifully on a charging CPU dman to setup some nice 2-on-1 goals which made it feel like I was playing a human.

I am really glad that I’ve gotten this game to a serviceable point because this seriously was my last attempt before giving up. Glad I’ve found a way to keep the speed glitch active (not hard, just mess with the sliders once in game and boom) and have found a way to make the speed glitch gameplay a good mix of realism and sim. If only the 1T slider wasn’t broken, this would actually generate some real scores and challenging gameplay imo. Little too high scoring for me, but I’m just looking past that. The rest of the gameplay is more than serviceable.
  • I love far side snipes, but it's not easy to get in good positioning for thoose shots online.

I have no rush, I will wait for your sliders, but take your time!

So glad you got it in a decent spot on 'last try', and by the way you describe it... The goals and all that.. Sounds fun!
    I love far side snipes, but it's not easy to get in good positioning for thoose shots online.

I have no rush, I will wait for your sliders, but take your time!

So glad you got it in a decent spot on 'last try', and by the way you describe it... The goals and all that.. Sounds fun!

It is pretty fun but I can’t figure out how to make the AI better at stopping just “straight line” rushes down the wing. They start skating backwards, even take a few strides to the outside with me, but then just stop and try to pivot which gets them burned rather than just committing to the check and slowing me down. I really don’t want to make puck carrier skating lower than back skating, but might have too to make the CPU a little better in the NZ. This issues stems from four things:

1. The CPU can’t anticipate speed eventually beating them. They believe they’re in a good spot till they’re not.

2. The CPU likes to backup and passively skate rather than step up and angle the puck carrier. This set would be perfect if the CPU actually understood angling and making the carrier change course earlier (so human’s defensive zone/human’s side of the neutral zone). Like IRL, if you let someone get up to speed and wheel, especially a skilled player, they can really make you pay which is why turning them to a predictable spot then closing down on said spot is so crucial. The CPU will turn you early but then their “back line” of the trap will do nothing to take advantage of that. They also hesitate to simply start attacking/stepping up on the carrier who is simply in a dead sprint. This leads to the user being able to freely wheel on the outside all game despite my skating slider values producing the most realistic results I’ve seen on this generation in many other scenarios. I have no problem angling the CPU in the NZ and forcing dumps and turnovers. If the CPU understood forcing the play more rather than reacting, I would be forced to dump all the time with this set.

3. The CPU opponent loves to stand still when not actively pursuing the puck. Unlike IRL the CPU, both teammates (except on the PowerPlay when they like to constantly rotate and ruin any chance of making a play) and opponent, stand still when off-puck. This set, because it’s trying replicate how insanely agile the NHL game is while also trying to replicate some real world acceleration penalties for constantly stopping and starting which is true to the real game imo, is very hard on the CPU defenders. They want to stop still rather than keep just a little bit of momentum going which would often mitigate this “streak up the wall uncontested” issue. If the CPU dmen were constantly taking little c-cuts and dipping a little in when they had possession then starting to slowly glide out when possession was lost, they’d have the necessary speed to step up earlier and close my angle down because they wouldn’t be totally flat-footed. The CPU in a vacuum can chase down a carrier with a serviceable angle (but like I said earlier, they don’t know how to use a 2nd man to further capitalize on said angle) but they need the speed to do it. I’m simply beating them to top speed before the react because I use 100% manual passing and can “pass to space” to get a little momentum going which helps me burn the CPU defender.

4. They don’t anticipate the next move after a “pass to space” which I’m assuming is tremendously hard to do, but it’s why I find manual passing easier in a sense offline. Sure, I miss a good amount of little plays and it breaks down my attacks fairly often (which is fun and realistic) but when I hit those right touch passes in space, the CPU doesn’t recognize that my full speed attacker is about to win the puck easily which will mean he’s basically already beat if he hasn’t started moving yet. So this somewhat is both problems 1 & 3 combined which makeup problem 4. This is why PES is so incredible to play because you can see their (CPU opponent) back line starting to sprint just back, almost like in desperation, when you make a beautiful cutting pass through their defense out wide to a point where your player will be easily winning the race to the ball. The CPU doesn’t try to sprint out there and inevitably fail to beat you, their back line actually desperation collapses to the middle which opens up a lane for you to make a “drop pass” through the high box or take a near-side opponent on 1v1 with speed and hopefully catch them a little flat footed. But that’s realistic, that’s awesome to see. I love that they recognize the “defeat” on that play if you will and try to muster a defensive posture despite the disadvantage. I think this is the area NHL struggles with the most. The CPU can be quite stingy at times with the right sliders, but when they breakdown. It’s usually not a rewarding breakdown. Usually they are caught standing still while you’re pass knifes through them in the NZ because they don’t understand the threat of your sprinting winger who doesn’t have the puck, or their wing gets walked at the point and no “help” defense if you will rotates so you’re just able to walk-in and pick a corner, or the AI is too aggressive when out-numbered and allows for an easy pass across rather than laying down or doing something desperately besides a 30 foot charge at the puck carrier, or the AI is way too passive when they have numbers and allows for a forward to pick a corner and set a screen at the same time by simply gliding back and never forcing the carrier. It’s just too passive or too aggressive with the settings we currently have, and the CPU can’t read plays well enough to do either effectively. When set to aggressive, they sell out on everything in the defensive zone, but they aren’t aggressive enough up the ice to effectively limit offense via aggression like I pointed out earlier with the turning/forcing. On the other hand, they play the rush moderately well when passive, but once in the zone, they are way too passive and allow for easy shots and lots of time and space. This makes it hard to really find a proper place for their strategies because there’s huge flaws in both and the middle settings seem to error on the side of passive which makes manual passing a heck of a lot easier if I have a lot of time and space.

All this being said, the AI can effectively trap and force plays at times, but these things I’ve highlighted here show where the inevitable breakdowns happen that really should be avoidable. I can and have broken the AI down in some pretty enjoyable ways the past few days with my set, but the goal totals are still just way too high because these problem areas produce a lot more danger opportunities than I deserved to earn.

Going to keep tinkering with skating to see if I can mitigate these problem scenarios for the AI without making forechecking an impossible task on my end because I’m liking this set in like 80% of scenarios. I think I have a balanced, enjoyable set of it weren’t for these read issues where I’m allowed open ice for nothing other than skating straight.
  • That "straight line” rushes has always been a problem online anyway.

Often remarkable hard to get stop of thoose straight liners.
    That "straight line” rushes has always been a problem online anyway.

Been a problem since the TPS days. I actually noticed in EA’s new commercial for the 21 x 94 bundle, Ovi blows by a CPU AI doing exactly what I described in this thread lol. I might have a workaround for the way I play, but it wouldn’t help people playing only as the same team the whole game. I think if I made the CPU just play full trap 1-4, it would reduce the amount of times they get caught in an area where they outthink themselves and end up half committing before stopping and getting blown by.

I’m still 100% convinced the speed glitch is a thing because it is, but is it game related? Could it be console related? Does the Xbox just have a weird save state feature or something that makes the game play faster some games compared to others? Is it AI strategy related? Is it some hidden “momentum” related? Is it DDA? Is it slider related?

Whether EA would like to admit it or not, the game on the 1X and OG X1 plays drastically different either game to game or sometimes period to period. There’s absolutely zero chance you play this game constantly on a retail Xbox and don’t notice the difference in game speeds, especially when using sliders that alter the game speed to slower rates.

I really don’t care what the answer is, I just want to know that this is being taken as a legitimate issue because it is. If it’s not game-related, that’s fine, but can we get a simple confirmation that this game appears to be weird or off when playing on an Xbox at least? I’m not trying to actively hate on the game or not play the game, that’s why I’m here talking about this issue. I’d be playing 6-8 games a day probably if I could get consistency in my gameplay.

Can any PS4 users either confirm or deny these issues?

Can we get some acknowledgment that this is an issue and isn’t treated like “ice tilt” around here? There’s many slider makers on OS that also experience this, so I know I’m not crazy.
  • About the speed glitch one thing i ve notice,and fifa as the same problem (they are basically pretty similar),
    is when you have to many save franchise or whatever the game slow down ...(the menu get sloppy ,so is the gameplay)
    so i always make sure to clean my save and turn off the auto save in the setting ...
    i hope it help ..
    +if you play offline ,don t download those tuner ,they slow the game down so much
    it s awful ...i download the patch but never the tuner ...it s been like this for the last 3 years ..

cheers
    MRSENATEURS

Been a problem since the TPS days. I actually noticed in EA’s new commercial for the 21 x 94 bundle, Ovi blows by a CPU AI doing exactly what I described in this thread lol. I might have a workaround for the way I play, but it wouldn’t help people playing only as the same team the whole game. I think if I made the CPU just play full trap 1-4, it would reduce the amount of times they get caught in an area where they outthink themselves and end up half committing before stopping and getting blown by.

I’m still 100% convinced the speed glitch is a thing because it is, but is it game related? Could it be console related? Does the Xbox just have a weird save state feature or something that makes the game play faster some games compared to others? Is it AI strategy related? Is it some hidden “momentum” related? Is it DDA? Is it slider related?

Whether EA would like to admit it or not, the game on the 1X and OG X1 plays drastically different either game to game or sometimes period to period. There’s absolutely zero chance you play this game constantly on a retail Xbox and don’t notice the difference in game speeds, especially when using sliders that alter the game speed to slower rates.

I really don’t care what the answer is, I just want to know that this is being taken as a legitimate issue because it is. If it’s not game-related, that’s fine, but can we get a simple confirmation that this game appears to be weird or off when playing on an Xbox at least? I’m not trying to actively hate on the game or not play the game, that’s why I’m here talking about this issue. I’d be playing 6-8 games a day probably if I could get consistency in my gameplay.

Can we get some acknowledgment that this is an issue and isn’t treated like “ice tilt” around here? There’s many slider makers on OS that also experience this, so I know I’m not crazy.

Hehe I love how attentive you are. You should either work as a hockey game developer or a coach for vancouver canucks! 😁😉

Regarding that game speed glitch, that will always remains as a secret. But if I say it like this.

Either if it is rivals, champs or SB, no game feels exactly the same, and not in that meaning that every game is unique, more to how the feeling of your players feel.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1056 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Hehe I love how attentive you are. You should either work as a hockey game developer or a coach for vancouver canucks! 😁😉

Regarding that game speed glitch, that will always remains as a secret. But if I say it like this.

Either if it is rivals, champs or SB, no game feels exactly the same, and not in that meaning that every game is unique, more to how the feeling of your players feel.

Yeah it’s why I believe this “glitch” is intended. Back in the day, they promoted this “every game is different” motto and rather than creating an environment like PES where every game does organically feel different, it seems like they created some weird backend manipulation to artificially create this feeling. This is something that can’t be proven obviously, but the lack of acknowledgment makes me believe this theory more than I’d like to. I’d love to simply take the face value “it doesn’t exist” answer, but why does that answer fail my “eye test” when I play the game? You can tell by the skating and faceoff animations (simply picking a side before puck drop) that the animation is sped up and fast. This is how I know before I even “feel” the game because that could easily be placebo. The animations are just faster and more robotic.

If I had the skills and time, I’d love to make an indie hockey game (learning c++ and playing around with the unreal engine atm) but I’d rather just see the AAA product we have polish up a few of their shortcomings, this pace of play glitch/mechanic being one of them.

This issue happens in play now, there’s no mode requirement to it. This speed variance happens in both NHL and FIFA which seems to be more than a coincidence. This just feels like a scripted, purposeful mechanic that exists in EA games and it’s nothing short of frustrating from the users. I don’t care if they ever publicly acknowledge this mechanic as long as it’s removed. If it’s DDA related, sweep it under the rug, stay quiet, and silently remove it please. It’s not fun. It’s gross. If it isn’t planned, then please actively show some interest in investigating this “bug” EA.

To add to this last part, this is what the gamechanger program should be about. I would actively dedicate playtesting time, take detailed notes, and provide feedback on the AI, the speed glitch, goalies, etc for FREE because I love hockey so much and want the offline game to be able to be played by the 94 crowd, the esport crowd, the hardcore sim guys, and everyone in between. But for this to happen, it starts with fundamental hockey being respected and attempted to be replicated. It also starts with functioning sliders that don’t ruin someone’s preferred game experience.

I know there’s a ton of people like me. We’re not YT’ers, but we could certainly help EA regain the trust of the actual hockey fans they keep losing every year due to stuff like this. I mean honestly, if you love hockey and the offline game was fun and challenging enough to keep you entertained, would you ever go play online with SickDangZzxXx and oO CornerSpin Oo or zZ QC CheezeMuff1nS ZZ lol? I know I wouldn’t because the online meta will never be fun for me, but if the sliders actually worked and the AI actually made fundamental reads more often than not, the offline experience would be more than enjoyable.
  • @untouchable_BF1
    Amen to that ...
    I feel the same way about the online ...
    I ve try it ...but i can t stand it ...
    Let hope this game will move foward,
    It just need some big time polish ,on the
    Gameplay and on the roster side ,
    Still this years with speedburst and a good set of sliders, offline is actually pretty good
    It took me month to build my roster ...🙄
    We badly need roster sharing ...

Cheers
    MRSENATEURS

Yeah it’s why I believe this “glitch” is intended. Back in the day, they promoted this “every game is different” motto and rather than creating an environment like PES where every game does organically feel different, it seems like they created some weird backend manipulation to artificially create this feeling. This is something that can’t be proven obviously, but the lack of acknowledgment makes me believe this theory more than I’d like to. I’d love to simply take the face value “it doesn’t exist” answer, but why does that answer fail my “eye test” when I play the game? You can tell by the skating and faceoff animations (simply picking a side before puck drop) that the animation is sped up and fast. This is how I know before I even “feel” the game because that could easily be placebo. The animations are just faster and more robotic.

If I had the skills and time, I’d love to make an indie hockey game (learning c++ and playing around with the unreal engine atm) but I’d rather just see the AAA product we have polish up a few of their shortcomings, this pace of play glitch/mechanic being one of them.

This issue happens in play now, there’s no mode requirement to it. This speed variance happens in both NHL and FIFA which seems to be more than a coincidence. This just feels like a scripted, purposeful mechanic that exists in EA games and it’s nothing short of frustrating from the users. I don’t care if they ever publicly acknowledge this mechanic as long as it’s removed. If it’s DDA related, sweep it under the rug, stay quiet, and silently remove it please. It’s not fun. It’s gross. If it isn’t planned, then please actively show some interest in investigating this “bug” EA.

To add to this last part, this is what the gamechanger program should be about. I would actively dedicate playtesting time, take detailed notes, and provide feedback on the AI, the speed glitch, goalies, etc for FREE because I love hockey so much and want the offline game to be able to be played by the 94 crowd, the esport crowd, the hardcore sim guys, and everyone in between. But for this to happen, it starts with fundamental hockey being respected and attempted to be replicated. It also starts with functioning sliders that don’t ruin someone’s preferred game experience.

I know there’s a ton of people like me. We’re not YT’ers, but we could certainly help EA regain the trust of the actual hockey fans they keep losing every year due to stuff like this. I mean honestly, if you love hockey and the offline game was fun and challenging enough to keep you entertained, would you ever go play online with SickDangZzxXx and oO CornerSpin Oo or zZ QC CheezeMuff1nS ZZ lol? I know I wouldn’t because the online meta will never be fun for me, but if the sliders actually worked and the AI actually made fundamental reads more often than not, the offline experience would be more than enjoyable.

Interesting theory, might as well be so. But it should be up to us, the players, to make it as unique we can.

Watch out for that zZ QC CheezeMuff1nS ZZ, he's not fooling around! 😄
  • frenchfrog wrote: »
    @untouchable_BF1
    Amen to that ...
    I feel the same way about the online ...
    I ve try it ...but i can t stand it ...
    Let hope this game will move foward,
    It just need some big time polish ,on the
    Gameplay and on the roster side ,
    Still this years with speedburst and a good set of sliders, offline is actually pretty good
    It took me month to build my roster ...🙄
    We badly need roster sharing ...

Cheers

100% agree. Roster sharing is desperately needed. Offline is definitely playable this year, but this speed thing drives me nuts.
  • I dont know how it is for you, Bf1, but when I play against the CPU it gets so clear when I can expect something bad is about to happen.

Like in this video, I was controlling Drew Doughty (no.8)and when I wasen't getting the puck loose after my first attempt, I could feel how everything lost it's 'rhythm' and I was expecting a goal against me.. Just didn't know which way the puck was about to take, to get to my net...

I dont know how it is for you, Bf1, but when I play against the CPU it gets so clear when I can expect something bad is about to happen.

Like in this video, I was controlling Drew Doughty (no.8)and when I wasen't getting the puck loose after my first attempt, I could feel how everything lost it's 'rhythm' and I was expecting a goal against me.. Just didn't know which way the puck was about to take, to get to my net...

Ohhhh yeah you can tell when the CPU is in “I want to score” mode. Your AI become even less competent (nearly impossible) in the defensive zone and there will be a guaranteed 4-31 straight “50/50” battles/bounces that will all magically end up on a CPU stick and they’ll eventually score off a brutal goalie animation or off their patented “rip a shot low pad that will magically produce a flat, slow, perfectly angled rebound towards their teammates stick” goal which is totally organic.

To that note, can we please get a “man-to-man” defensive zone strategy/concept? Whenever the cycle is in full effect in high level hockey, it’s man to man, it is not zone with a bunch of constant assignment switching. I assume this assignment switching is what leads to the AI looking like mites more often than not anytime the puck is in the zone for longer than 5 seconds which is why I assume the online meta in 1v1 modes especially is so focused around rushes and “fast” gameplay. Any amount of methodical cycling will absolutely break any shred of defensive zone (and offensive zone to be fair) logic. I still don’t get why numerous times a game I can watch the Red Sea part from the blueline and be allowed a free pass to walk in and shoot. Frequently, my AI forwards when set to full attack, full forecheck, crash the net, full shoot, are up at the point with me standing next to one of my dmen while my other is still high too giving me essentially 3 dmen on any given play. Why? Because I walked the blueline with the puck so the “strong side blueline spot” is “uncovered”?

It’s just hard to watch. I can only play two games at a time even with a good slider set because stuff like this just kills you with a million cuts. The good plays can offset it a bit, but never enough to keep up with the staggering amount of AI blunders a game. It’s just really hard trying to actually play actual hockey with zone time in this game. Really really hard. Both sides of the puck really struggle and it’s not because of scoring, it’s just simply because they won’t stop obsess over spots to cover on offense and defensive assignments just aren’t realistic nor effective.
  • nyi95
    154 posts Member
    Any of you guys remember when this was JUST a hockey game? 😕
  • nyi95 wrote: »
    Any of you guys remember when this was JUST a hockey game? 😕

Nhl14