EA Forums - Banner

Just another day

Prev13
I’m am tired of EA jot putting servers in for vs games. Sick of the of persons connections having the ability to control my speed.
Today get up 4-0 and then comes the lag and the glitch goals and the person proceed to score 8 goals on 10 shots. The latency ridiculous, out shooting them 21-9 but lose 9-5. These players continue to the corner glitch goals cross crease and ea does nothing to fix it.

Ea pulls in billions but still refuses to fix anything in this game.

People continuing to score percentage of 60-70% is near comical.

This game no longer has any resemblance of hockey and why EA leads in consumer complaints, not just hockey but all sports. y2e5cwf93qwn.jpeg
krwkm016kwu0.jpeg

This is every game, you know when the player does 2 turns in the corner and the dumb AI chases them around, and cross net, goal.... pathetic

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2666 posts EA Community Manager
    Can you get us some video of one of your games? It'll be reviewed for any issues. We can also go through some connection troubleshooting.

I definitely get the frustration of the cross-ice passes. I don't know if changes will be made or not so for now everyone's going to have to learn how to defend it better. One thing I keep seeing is people not controlling their defenders. The "skill zone" style of defense is going to make it easier to get these passes off. Pressuring the carrier is going to give you a better chance of stopping that play before it happens.
  • I recorded the full game but I can’t post the full game won’t let me
  • Sega82mega
    3113 posts Member
    edited January 15
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Can you get us some video of one of your games? It'll be reviewed for any issues. We can also go through some connection troubleshooting.

I definitely get the frustration of the cross-ice passes. I don't know if changes will be made or not so for now everyone's going to have to learn how to defend it better. One thing I keep seeing is people not controlling their defenders. The "skill zone" style of defense is going to make it easier to get these passes off. Pressuring the carrier is going to give you a better chance of stopping that play before it happens.

And by pressuring I think you mean to stay on the right side of the puck carrier, not run them through.

One thing that both bother me cause it works pretty good but it also destroy the game flow. Is when people get a turnover in neutral zone (yeah well, almost everywhere on the ice) the first they do is trying to force the play the other way.. (go to attack right away).. It's not often I see people that conquer the puck continue back home.. (follow the pucks direaction) to gather your team and build speed.

This often create a gameplay were things can feel pretty frantic and forced, if you know what I mean.

-

People often start to fall back, (skate backwards) from their own blue line, thats way too late if the puck carrier comes with speed... I usally start to think defense direct I loose the puck.
  • Here is a game I just finished as another example, I take lead 3-2 and then game player goes on the glitch rampage 8 goals 16 shots.... it’s chronic in these games corner glitch, drag top corner no matter what.... vdzibq4ff1t0.jpeg
    2kd9omqze7ad.jpeg

Hard to even call this hockey. I have played since nhl inception and it’s no longer about plays and strategy, but glitch glitch
  • EA_Aljo
    NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    Here is a game I just finished as another example, I take lead 3-2 and then game player goes on the glitch rampage 8 goals 16 shots.... it’s chronic in these games corner glitch, drag top corner no matter what.... vdzibq4ff1t0.jpeg
    2kd9omqze7ad.jpeg

Hard to even call this hockey. I have played since nhl inception and it’s no longer about plays and strategy, but glitch glitch

The cross-ice goal is not a glitch. Yes, it's very effective and I know it can be frustrating to defend, but if you're letting someone score 8 times on 16 shots and it's exactly the same every time, that's something that should be defended. We all face this type of play. Multiple times in every game, but not everyone is having 50% of those being scored on them. Again, if you want to post a video showing your gameplay, we can probably advise better on how to cut down on successful attempts at cross-ice one timers.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    The cross-ice goal is not a glitch. Yes, it's very effective and I know it can be frustrating to defend, but if you're letting someone score 8 times on 16 shots and it's exactly the same every time, that's something that should be defended. We all face this type of play. Multiple times in every game, but not everyone is having 50% of those being scored on them. Again, if you want to post a video showing your gameplay, we can probably advise better on how to cut down on successful attempts at cross-ice one timers.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47efx9zjio3n8jgzic1pthpj8aaqhhuw05narib29w&rid=giphy.gif

Amen.
  • Speed glitch fixed yet? No? Welp, just another day. I’m going to fire up NHL 15-18 to see if this was a thing. I was almost a purely online player back then. All I know is, NHL on the 360 didn’t change game speeds and pass and shooting success rates by the game.
  • Lol. Of course.

@EA_Aljo at what point is the team going to put a "skill gap" in place for the offensive side of the puck?

Asking for 200,000 friends...
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Here is a game I just finished as another example, I take lead 3-2 and then game player goes on the glitch rampage 8 goals 16 shots.... it’s chronic in these games corner glitch, drag top corner no matter what.... vdzibq4ff1t0.jpeg
    2kd9omqze7ad.jpeg

Can you post a video of some NHL 21 gameplay that resembles actual hockey?
  • Davanial wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    2kd9omqze7ad.jpeg

Can you post a video of some NHL 21 gameplay that resembles actual hockey?

As a experienced defenseman that used to play the game in IRL at high performance levels, and online competitively, the cross-crease goal is a pain to defend. I usually try to lineup the offense at the line or angle them to the outside so they don't have that option to cut into the middle and shoot short-side on the block, which if they get between the hashmarks is a goal 96% of the time. When it comes to cross-crease attempts, I will be in perfect position blocking the pass from the bottom part of the circle nearby the hashmarks, and no matter what I do the puck goes through my stick. Will have to post a video this week of this exact situation. My A.I. defender for some reason always seems to pinch too wide, and I'm stuck either trying to defend the glove or block side shot, and then having to chase to the other defenders side to attempt intercepting the cross-crease shot.

And too mention this game, he firstly noted the issue was because of the server connection. If it's laggy and the ping is high, the opponent is surely going to be better off and has a more probable chance of winning the game. I myself on a 100 upload/300 download internet plan had 500 ping in the Leafs Gaming tournament which I had to opt out of. My opponent was a top 6 player from QC and his internet was 500/100. We both screenshotted and did speed tests, along UO trace. Ping was response was fine, but in game was not...

In any previous game before NHL 21, none of these issues were too much of a problem. Just think back to Xbox 360/ PS3 days when this game was in it's peak, and hundreds of people enjoyed playing it. Yes the short side and cross-crease goals existed then, but were not as frustrating to defend. This year defending has never been more irritating, as offense is more overpowered. Yesterday I played 1 game before being IP booted. My defenseman on the left defender decided to pinch into the neutral zone, and my right defender made a stupid line change while opponents were on a rush. It led to a 5 on 1 as I had to pull the Left wing back to play defense. My center and rw got stuck beside one another. That was basically the nail in the coffin for me, and I deleted my HUT team...

Why are all these issues such a problem now, but were never before? We have eyes and can see the amount of problems pertaining this game. Many of us are/were daily gamers for this game, and spend hours of time playing it. Majority of us know what we are talking about...
  • This "game" has become an embarrassment to hockey.
  • DethcoreRtchyTTV
    107 posts Member
    edited January 18
    amxblade wrote: »
    This "game" has become an embarrassment to hockey.

Pretty bad when some of the top gamechangers and competitors have expressed their concerns over this game, like the IP booting issue. Someone literally just bought NHL 21 to boot people in HUT champs, which included some top players. It's getting to a point where a lot of them are on thin ice and about to delete their HUT teams.
  • Well, this is the crap dealing with. As I originally posted. I come back and then get absolutely destroyed. My men become laggy, unresponsive, and the guy just now proceeds to score 6 goals in the period with 4 in 2 minutes as you see in this post.

I don’t understand how this game sudden drops with the Ai Can’t defend and the same stuff every game, passes slow, can’t skate.

Please stop telling about defending better. It doesn’t matter, this is chronic. You report to ea, and get the same cookie cutter response about how frustrating this is..... blah blah blah...

The only thing that will make EA do something is competition and not a monopoly.

This isn’t one year isolation is been going on since online gaming inception, but it’s been allowed to fester and expand.

I love hockey, and enjoy the strategy, but this is more arcade glitch as much and quick as you can and many players have mastered it.

I have pretty much had my fill of these exploit abuses. I have to call them exploits, because they are only using the tools that EA has allowed to be used. EA is the true cheaters here, they have cheated us out our money to believe each year is going to better, but putting lipstick on a pig doesn’t change the pig. 60-70% shooting..... “ HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM”

I am extremely dissatisfied, disappointed at the game and who ever writes these reviews clearly have alternative motives, because it’s not true!!!!

f7tl2s2qwwoq.jpeg
    8p1nwl9kfezu.jpeg
  • NEWFIEEE
    78 posts Member
    edited January 18
    I rest my case 7 goals on 9

cfb3rvallwds.jpeg
    ase6dshxdm87xoa.jpeg
    r979xu850oab.jpeg
  • EA_Aljo
    I rest my case 7 goals on 9

cfb3rvallwds.jpeg
    ase6dshxdm87xoa.jpeg
    r979xu850oab.jpeg

This was in Online Versus I assume? Do you find a better/worse connection in those games than modes with dedicated servers?