EA Forums - Banner

Just another day

Replies

• untouchable_BF1
    1055 posts Member
    edited January 19
    amxblade wrote: »
    This "game" has become an embarrassment to hockey.

Pretty bad when some of the top gamechangers and competitors have expressed their concerns over this game, like the IP booting issue. Someone literally just bought NHL 21 to boot people in HUT champs, which included some top players. It's getting to a point where a lot of them are on thin ice and about to delete their HUT teams.

If all those guys stopped playing the game and forfeited their influence, this game would get 1000% more playable. Online defaults play like an amateur roller hockey game, coincidence? I think not.
  • Just happened again and never changes 8 shots 7 goals

Epidemic of glitches allowed. No matter what you do. These goals all scored in a 7 min or less time span.

Nope, no cheating or exploits in this game!!!!

1wpipc9edzil.jpg
    ha7qv6hwnqnm.jpg
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    @NEWFIEEE

Can you get some video of the goals you feel are caused by a bug in the game?
  • DethcoreRtchyTTV
    92 posts Member
    edited January 22
    NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    Just happened again and never changes 8 shots 7 goals

Epidemic of glitches allowed. No matter what you do. These goals all scored in a 7 min or less time span.

1wpipc9edzil.jpg
    ha7qv6hwnqnm.jpg

It's way to easy too score in this game! If I wanted I could do the same ridiculous plays the general population who play 1 v 1 does and win, but I like to play strategic hockey. Did a video today and soon more to prove my points that this games been broke forever and has gotten worse. Goalies don't react well to these types of goals in the game. It works 99% of the time. A pain when you are trying to defend cross-crease and they take one of these chances to score. This was a free-skate practice where I recorded the goalies reaction to my shots from basically the same sport... The goalies glove is positioned the wrong way. It should be it's most strongest point, to stop the shortside shot. Blocker is usually more vulnerable realistically.
  • IceLion68
    1043 posts Member
    edited January 22
    This was a free-skate practice where I recorded the goalies reaction to my shots from basically the same sport... The goalies glove is positioned the wrong way. It should be it's most strongest point, to stop the shortside shot. Blocker is usually more vulnerable realistically.

I believe his hands should also be held a bit further out to cut down on how much the "puck sees"
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    Just happened again and never changes 8 shots 7 goals

1wpipc9edzil.jpg
    ha7qv6hwnqnm.jpg

It's way to easy too score in this game! If I wanted I could do the same ridiculous plays the general population who play 1 v 1 does and win, but I like to play strategic hockey. Did a video today and soon more to prove my points that this games been broke forever and has gotten worse. Goalies don't react well to these types of goals in the game. It works 99% of the time. A pain when you are trying to defend cross-crease and they take one of these chances to score. This was a free-skate practice where I recorded the goalies reaction to my shots from basically the same sport... The goalies glove is positioned the wrong way. It should be it's most strongest point, to stop the shortside shot. Blocker is usually more vulnerable realistically.

Scoring in practice mode ≠ Scoring in-game.
  • Scoring in practice mode ≠ Scoring in-game.
    That works in the game. Do that on your penalty shots and you won't miss.
  • Goalies just aren’t dynamic enough. You either tune them to a point where only glitches and diagonal one-timers beat them, or you tune them to being susceptible to getting beat from literally anywhere. There’s no middle ground.
  • Goalies just aren’t dynamic enough. You either tune them to a point where only glitches and diagonal one-timers beat them, or you tune them to being susceptible to getting beat from literally anywhere. There’s no middle ground.

100% agree. It's exceptionally common for goaltenders in hockey to get beaten by clean shots. But when you use that logic in a video game it turns into something completely random that you have little to no control over as the user. So what we have now are complaints about players exploiting AI weaknesses--both goalies and defenders.

The same goes for the AI skaters. You have complaints here about AI defenders being exploited because they're too passive. The other side of that is a drop in game in EASHL where the AI goes God Mode and turns the game upside down singlehandedly. No middle ground.
  • belair_col wrote: »
    Goalies just aren’t dynamic enough. You either tune them to a point where only glitches and diagonal one-timers beat them, or you tune them to being susceptible to getting beat from literally anywhere. There’s no middle ground.

100% agree. It's exceptionally common for goaltenders in hockey to get beaten by clean shots. But when you use that logic in a video game it turns into something completely random that you have little to no control over as the user. So what we have now are complaints about players exploiting AI weaknesses--both goalies and defenders.

The same goes for the AI skaters. You have complaints here about AI defenders being exploited because they're too passive. The other side of that is a drop in game in EASHL where the AI goes God Mode and turns the game upside down singlehandedly. No middle ground.

Somehow, NHL 2k8 really nailed goalies. They could be beaten by first shots but I don’t remember one specific spot of skating maneuver that really worked 100% of the time you did it right. If you had a wide open lane with a good shooter and loaded up a wrister, you beat the goalie occasionally.

And with the AI skaters are basically the same. There’s no middle ground. They either play passive to a fault or aggressive to a fault, I don’t seem them “read” scenarios properly very well. They’ll fly over from the other side of the rink and attack my wing on a developing 2-on-1 when on aggressive settings, but they’ll only do this weird half commit then get walked by me just sprinting straight up the boards from my own zone lol, like what the heck? Or they’ll play super passive and trap, but they’ll actually be so passive that they’ll let me just walk-in and snipe despite having a numbers advantage.

They clearly need some work when it comes to defensive assignments and understanding what’s the most dangerous opportunity. They also should be way more desperate when beat. I’d love to see them take more penalties if they get beat someone rather than just stopping and letting you score essentially.

The CPU in OTP modes are still very stupid, but because they’re just faster than you due to their ability to take perfect paths to the puck immediately after its lose and their ability to break the physics engine and win every puck battle no matter what, they do end up being OP in 1v1 loose puck scenarios. This is the only way they’ve made the AI even salvageable in this game. Make them cheat so much to makeup for their lack of being able to simply cover the backdoor.

I’ve actually found turning goalie reactions down to 5/100 on all-star starts making the goalies a bit more dynamic. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to balance the CPU’s trouble in handling straight-line speed. It’s something the devs need to fix, but I’m trying my best to find a workaround via sliders/strategies.
  • Once again, I get into a game that has a green signal at the beginning, game starts and it’s lag central. The players do not respond or lag response, can’t pass with any speed, and non activating players.

I sick of this response of latency, your connection, your your your..... when the other player takes 15 shots and scores 12 goals and you are unable to skate, their is either a program issue or I’m and being purposely lagged.

I cannot show the video because at the end of the game, I tried to and got 6 seconds of recording, yes 6 seconds.

If EA continues to allow these lagging cheats, they are one in the same.... pathetic!!!!!

12 goals on 15shots!!!!!

tkgxnifmnjk5.jpg
    aa1f95104cnr.jpg
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 4
    Once again, I get into a game that has a green signal at the beginning, game starts and it’s lag central. The players do not respond or lag response, can’t pass with any speed, and non activating players.

I sick of this response of latency, your connection, your your your..... when the other player takes 15 shots and scores 12 goals and you are unable to skate, their is either a program issue or I’m and being purposely lagged.

I cannot show the video because at the end of the game, I tried to and got 6 seconds of recording, yes 6 seconds.

If EA continues to allow these lagging cheats, they are one in the same.... pathetic!!!!!

12 goals on 15shots!!!!!

Was this in an Online Versus game? If so, you're on a peer to peer connection. If you or your opponent has a bad connection, both of you will feel it. One of you is the host since you're not on our servers for Online Versus games.
  • All I can say, is after NHL21, I wont be playing any more. The variance in every aspect of this game is too overwhelming, and on top of that, EA has the nerve to make me pay more to be on the garbage network of theirs, I lose connection to 1 in 3 games, and it is not my service provider.
    The game has become more aggravating than anything my kids put me through
  • Here's what's funny,or sad, depending on how u look at it.
    I have the same group of friends online that i met on old gen(ps3). We would play nhl every night, and i mean EVERY night.
    Jump ahead 6 or 7 years, same group. We are in a party chat. Question arises, u guys want to play some hockey?( I refuse to call it CHEL, imo the day they started calling it that is the day this game died), short answer......NO. So we're all online chatting and playing different games.
    Sad or funny? I don't know.
    Just making a point on where we as long time buyers of this once great franchise sit today. I doubt if anyone over at EA will actually care. They've clearly set a path for this game that caters to the fortnite type of crowd. A crowd that thinks scoring is the ONLY way of having fun.
    I'm not part of that demographic.
    This game reached it's peak on old gen and sadly, unless we get some other company to come along, we're sunk. Sorry to sound harsh, but when a game is clearly more frustrating than fun,well.....
    I read all these posts and ur all saying what I'm thinking as well,but fellas, we are stuck with this game , like it or not.
    No need to fight with the devs or amongst ourselves. It's ok to voice our opinions, but it falls on deaf ears.
    Till another HOCKEY game comes along....
    Stay safe one and all.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1055 posts Member
    edited February 5
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Here's what's funny,or sad, depending on how u look at it.
    I have the same group of friends online that i met on old gen(ps3). We would play nhl every night, and i mean EVERY night.
    Jump ahead 6 or 7 years, same group. We are in a party chat. Question arises, u guys want to play some hockey?( I refuse to call it CHEL, imo the day they started calling it that is the day this game died), short answer......NO. So we're all online chatting and playing different games.
    Just making a point on where we as long time buyers of this once great franchise sit today. I doubt if anyone over at EA will actually care. They've clearly set a path for this game that caters to the fortnite type of crowd. A crowd that thinks scoring is the ONLY way of having fun.
    This game reached it's peak on old gen and sadly, unless we get some other company to come along, we're sunk. Sorry to sound harsh, but when a game is clearly more frustrating than fun,well.....
    I read all these posts and ur all saying what I'm thinking as well,but fellas, we are stuck with this game , like it or not.
    No need to fight with the devs or amongst ourselves. It's ok to voice our opinions, but it falls on deaf ears.
    Stay safe one and all.

No no no, old-gen wasn’t popular remember? Nobody liked the “realistic” TPS engine because it was way too realistic. Had nothing to do the fact that bubbles existed even more than now and players (except for the puck carrier) couldn’t pivot, make lateral adjustments while skating backwards, or make even the slightest amount of body contact at low speeds. Nah, it was the “realism” aspect that everyone hated which is why you always hear cries of “NHL 16 was amazing!” or “NHL 15 new-gen was such a better game than 15 old gen” because the community was CRAVING a NHL Hitz-style game without any of the fun that comes with those styles of games. So you’re welcome for the broseph approach this series has taken this genre because it’s truly what we all wanted. We wanted perfect pass execution, players floating on ice due to NASCAR acceleration levels, ballerina agility for everyone, glass ankles for “skill gap”, and goalies having to slightly brush LS for “skill gap”, even less competent AI for “skill gap” and last but not least the ability to wear unicorn skates with a flatbrim hat while playing outside because that’s what I remember from skating on the pond with my buddies back in the day. A nice pair of ripped jeans, with my neon pink stick, a like green flatbrim, and my unicorn skates with pink blade holders. Ahhh the nostalgia, just really takes me back,

If all of that I described isn’t exactly what we were all asking for last-gen, then I clearly haven’t been in the same community as you guys smh...
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Once again, I get into a game that has a green signal at the beginning, game starts and it’s lag central. The players do not respond or lag response, can’t pass with any speed, and non activating players.

12 goals on 15shots!!!!!

Was this in an Online Versus game? If so, you're on a peer to peer connection. If you or your opponent has a bad connection, both of you will feel it. One of you is the host since you're not on our servers for Online Versus games.

It would be nice if future iterations of the NHL series were more forgiving in terms of connection quality.

There is something specific about the NHL series that lends itself to performing poorly on otherwise 'ok' connections. These same connections wouldn't have noticeable lag in games like COD, GTA , etc. whereas with the NHL series it seems a slight hiccup can cause the most drastic latency.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a software engineer. However, it would appear to me that the NHL engine is putting a lot of reliance on inter-console connectivity while making calculations under the hood which causes slight connection degradation to have a massive impact on the flow of the game.

From what I understand of modern game engines - these calculations are being done more and more locally and transmitted in smaller packets over the wire, so to speak, in order to limit the effect that a high latency connection has.

There are many reasons why the NHL game engine needs a complete overhaul, but network interoperability is one of the main things that could be improved in a re-work.

• nyi95 wrote: »
    Here's what's funny,or sad, depending on how u look at it.
    Stay safe one and all.

This is my experience now also. More or less. A lot of guys I don't even talk to any more since the entire community around NHL basically fell apart.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

12 goals on 15shots!!!!!

It would be nice if future iterations of the NHL series were more forgiving in terms of connection quality.

There is something specific about the NHL series that lends itself to performing poorly on otherwise 'ok' connections. These same connections wouldn't have noticeable lag in games like COD, GTA , etc. whereas with the NHL series it seems a slight hiccup can cause the most drastic latency.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a software engineer. However, it would appear to me that the NHL engine is putting a lot of reliance on inter-console connectivity while making calculations under the hood which causes slight connection degradation to have a massive impact on the flow of the game.

From what I understand of modern game engines - these calculations are being done more and more locally and transmitted in smaller packets over the wire, so to speak, in order to limit the effect that a high latency connection has.

There are many reasons why the NHL game engine needs a complete overhaul, but network interoperability is one of the main things that could be improved in a re-work.

I do think hockey (fast pace, small surface) is easier then an 'open world' as COD.

But I agree.. I think we can do it better.

And it's importen, for the quality of the game. With bad lag, it's a completely diffrent game.

Servers to the NHL people! 👊

• This is VS, I always play vs, but doesn’t matter, the AI puts themselves out of position constantly, they rush from the top of the opponents blue line to the opposite side allowing the attacking player to exit zone with
    Out issue...

The real problem I have is the inconsistency of each game, speed, lag whatever you call it. The previous pictures, lag was ridiculous for me only.
    In the past month I have went from 650 to 510...: blown out many games with their shooting % 40-50, meanwhile my guy skate in mud.
    I don’t know if there are rolling slow downs to keep the system from crashing or many are just lagging now.... it’s ridiculous the slowness of the system.
    I play many other games, my internet it hardwire and 450/20, but PlayStation intentionally slows to 150-6.... but still ping on the system at 60....but when I check on my pc I’m really pinging at in the mid teens.... so, what is it? It’s jot my internet, but game to game , day to day....
  • NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    This is VS, I always play vs, but doesn’t matter, the AI puts themselves out of position constantly, they rush from the top of the opponents blue line to the opposite side allowing the attacking player to exit zone with
    Out issue...

The real problem I have is the inconsistency of each game, speed, lag whatever you call it. The previous pictures, lag was ridiculous for me only.
    In the past month I have went from 650 to 510...: blown out many games with their shooting % 40-50, meanwhile my guy skate in mud.
    I don’t know if there are rolling slow downs to keep the system from crashing or many are just lagging now.... it’s ridiculous the slowness of the system.
    I play many other games, my internet it hardwire and 450/20, but PlayStation intentionally slows to 150-6.... but still ping on the system at 60....but when I check on my pc I’m really pinging at in the mid teens.... so, what is it? It’s jot my internet, but game to game , day to day....

Yes, you are right, AI puts themselves out of position constantly and the game is inconsistent. It is hard to play VS this year for me too.