EA Forums - Banner

NHL 2030 HUT Event

EA_Blueberry
4139 posts EA Community Manager
Hello HUT Community,

Today we’re announcing the launch of the new two-week HUT event called NHL 2030; celebrating the future of hockey by featuring some of the game’s most talented and skillful young stars.

biva9c4oa5zu.png

Headlining this event are our Master Items
  • Jack Hughes, New Jersey Devils
  • Victor Olofsson, Buffalo Sabres
  • Dominik Kubalik, Chicago Blackhawks
  • Adam Fox, New York Rangers
  • Philippe Myers, Philadelphia Flyers
  • Justus Annunen, Oloun Karpat

Sets & Challenges
We will have two sets of Challenges for this event, each with their own rewards tied to specific groups of sets.

MSP Challenges/Sets – We’ll have one challenge against each team that allows you to unlock a 75 OVR Starter item for each player, to be used in sets to craft their 92 OVR Master Item.

Elite Challenges/Sets – These are intended to be the absolute toughest challenges we’ve released all year, but we will be offering exclusive rewards to those who are able to complete all six of them. Once they are all completed you will be given 6 NHL 2030 collectibles for use in special sets. The NHL 2030 collectibles can be used to upgrade 92 OVR Master Items, obtain 86 OVR or 88 OVR future stars choice packs, Icon Collectibles, or Loan Master Items.

Player Content
Be sure to check back during the next two weeks to see new player items released featuring upcoming stars such as Kailer Yamamoto, Robert Thomas, and Martin Necas.

5gopy76kru19.png

(Source: Official Site)

Replies

• Sounds really cool!

I like that you trying to think diffrent this year, with this kinda sets.

Yamamoto will be fire!
  • The Challenges work well for this event but the objectives feel like they were designed for 2 minute periods. I guess that's why they're called challenges :wink:

I am disapointed with the Weekly Event pack not having a guranteed event item as previous packs have had. This pack should include the Gold Collectable and an Event player. Even if only one of the 75 starter items.
  • I sweat out the 'elite challenge' thinking it could be worth it. But my 6 collectibles isn't going to get me that much closer to kubalik.
  • This challenge is ****
    I play level rookie. Score 10 goals.
    My team ang 92 ver 91 gate 87
    Synergy spark, rocket and swarm
    I've already tried the Leve 10 times and scored 9 goals 5 times.
    My opponents are 30% weaker in their cards, but on the ice they run just like my players.

EA Sports?
    What will I buy players for if you manipulate the game again, sorry, but you're rubbish

- Players react like turtles
    - Passports are not accepted
    - Sprinting doesn't work at all

etc etc
    and if you think it's my connection, you think wrong.
    Game stopped because I'm fed up with the **** that people mess up
    And then tried rush and there it worked
  • I dont think you can beat that 16 goals challenge in any other way then on your faceoff, hold L1 push left stick forward and wait for the reff to drop the puck, then go straight forward, between the 2 D's for a breakaway.

The A.I on rookie are apparently always losing to that face-off.
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I dont think you can beat that 16 goals challenge in any other way then on your faceoff, hold L1 push left stick forward and wait for the reff to drop the puck, then go straight forward, between the 2 D's for a breakaway.

Yes. It's very easy to win faceoffs on this challenge so you almost always start with the puck. Win the faceoff, skate to the high slot and fire it far side. That accounted for probably half my goals on this challenge.
  • Sega82mega
    2614 posts Member
    edited January 20
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I dont think you can beat that 16 goals challenge in any other way then on your faceoff, hold L1 push left stick forward and wait for the reff to drop the puck, then go straight forward, between the 2 D's for a breakaway.

Yes. It's very easy to win faceoffs on this challenge so you almost always start with the puck. Win the faceoff, skate to the high slot and fire it far side. That accounted for probably half my goals on this challenge.

Hehe even tough it was easy to get yourself in good position for scoring.. You almost had to be 100%..

I failed a couple of times, until I finaly made it, with a score of 19..

I had more trouble with buffalo, 5 goals.( I actually hated the game for a while, haha)....

😊
  • I've been working on the Challenges for the 6 collectables and not tried the others.

I'll start on those this weekend but the last time we had a Score 'X' goals v Rookie on 1 min periods I never got close.
  • EA_Aljo
    I've been working on the Challenges for the 6 collectables and not tried the others.

I'll start on those this weekend but the last time we had a Score 'X' goals v Rookie on 1 min periods I never got close.

I had a lot of luck with winning the faceoff and skating to the high slot for a far side wrister. It only took a couple of attempts to complete this challenge.
  • Sega82mega
    2614 posts Member
    edited January 21
    I read a good tip from reddit.

Faceoff Deke (Without Grip) L1 + R (upwards)

So you take the puck forward right away.. And then you just skate between the two defenders, they won't directly attack you.. So you end up on a breakaway right away.. Then hold your puck on the backhand and last second go forehand.

Repeat 16 times... 😊👍

Aljos tip might work to.. But it sounds much harder.
  • I noticed this morning the 16 goals is the NJD challenge and not the challenge for the 75 starter item.

I was able to get to 8 v the Devils but cleared the 10 for the starter item. Not sure I'll try the NJD one again but we'll see.

I do like the 1 minute period over the 2, huge improvment especially when we have to play Rush too.

• EA_Aljo
    dustmann wrote: »

Thank you for the video. I've passed it on to the dev team.