EA Forums - Banner

Interference penalties

In the 2nd, 3rd, and the 4th clip the players are battling for the puck. No way thats "interference"

Replies

• The problem is they brought in Chris Lee to define the parameters with regards to penalties. Otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to hold....I mean "tie up".....the players in front of the net every single time and not get a penalty.
  • EA_Aljo
    2381 posts EA Community Manager
    tyyppi11 wrote: »

In the 2nd, 3rd, and the 4th clip the players are battling for the puck. No way thats "interference"

Thanks for the video. I'll pass it on to the dev team for you.
  • maxmarek2018
    37 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Penalties are a huge issue this year
    The computer rarely takes penalties in SB games (except for when you protect the puck) and you can bet that you will receive at least 2 phantom penalties a game for interference or obstruction / holding etc...

Then when you do take a penalty, you can bet the CPU will score on you 75% of the time

It’s pre-destined and not much you can do about it - blame DDA
  • The computer rarely takes penalties in SB games (except for when you protect the puck)

Played four SB matches this morning and went 4/7 on the powerplay, so they can't be all that rare.
    and you can bet that you will receive at least 2 phantom penalties a game for interference or obstruction / holding etc...

In those four SB matches, I've taken five for tripping, one for boarding. Not a single interference penalty.
    Then when you do take a penalty, you can bet the CPU will score on you 75% of the time

100% penalty kill across those four games. The opposition went 0/6.

I guess it must only be pre-destined for you, then.
  • The computer rarely takes penalties in SB games (except for when you protect the puck)

Played four SB matches this morning and went 4/7 on the powerplay, so they can't be all that rare.
    and you can bet that you will receive at least 2 phantom penalties a game for interference or obstruction / holding etc...

In those four SB matches, I've taken five for tripping, one for boarding. Not a single interference penalty.

I guess it’s just easier to blame DDA than admit that your playing like crap at the moment. Maybe change things up or just shut the game off for awhile.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    The computer rarely takes penalties in SB games (except for when you protect the puck)

I guess it’s just easier to blame DDA than admit that your playing like crap at the moment. Maybe change things up or just shut the game off for awhile.

Yup. 99% of the DDA complaints I see are from folks having a bad day.

They don't seem to get that the exaggerations like "I LOSE EVERY SINGLE LOOSE PUCK BATTLE" or "THE CPU NEVER TAKES A PENALTY" just make it less likely that anybody will take their complaint seriously.