EA Forums - Banner

NHL 09 Won't start

The error message "The limitations for the license have expired" occured.
I have talked to support, for hours, for days. I have redeemed a new product code given to me by the support team, cleared the windows registry, cleaned the origin cache, uninstalled and reinstalled both origin and the game nhl 09. Still the same message.

The game worked until sep 2020. After that that error message appeares all the time.

The support team says that they can't help me anymore. They have also added new entitlements to the game and extended the length of the license.

But nothig have solved the problem, still the same error message.

My computer is a new (2020) gaming computer)

Windows 10, version 20H2 (the latest update)

16 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 2060 RTX

At last. All other games are working from every platform, Origin and every thing else.

Thanks!

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3020 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello, @BEAST20201

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to offer. This isn't something we can really help with over the forums. Plus, it's not a game that is supported any longer so we're really limited with the help we can provide. It sounds like support exhausted all their options at the time. You could try contacting them again to see if they have anything new to suggest. Obviously, it sounds like it's related to the license, but with the game being so old, it's possible we won't be able to issue a new code for it. You can try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll try to help with this again.

• Anyone know of a NHL 09 PC Hockey leagues or players? I just started playing again and I would like to play some human players....