EA Forums - Banner

I am done with EA.

Prev1
There is no use spending money or grinding HUT. It's beginning to feel like a huge waste of time and money. Every single week I grind the heck out of Hut yet haven't pulled anything from the rewards pack for 3 months. All I get is base cards. I spend a lot of money on these specialty packs and haven't once got a purple pull. This game feels rigged. EA sports is ripping us off.

Replies

• It feels like they are forcing people to spend money on packs so they can give the most basic cards the people have to sell for a 1000 coins each to get the better cards. Buy more packs so people slowly build their team spending money pack after pack. Freaking heartless company.
  • Racesunite wrote: »
    There is no use spending money or grinding HUT. It's beginning to feel like a huge waste of time and money. Every single week I grind the heck out of Hut yet haven't pulled anything from the rewards pack for 3 months. All I get is base cards. I spend a lot of money on these specialty packs and haven't once got a purple pull. This game feels rigged. EA sports is ripping us off.

i don''t agree with you. i was so lucky in my pull this year. my third big pull and tonight pulled T.Stuzle 90 (UT) and from a premium pack. i pulled few month ago a voracek 90 (UT) from a reroll. i did have some nice pull from pack with high rate on 86+. i can't complain but its not happening the same week. Patience is key and playing constancy every days help i guess
  • I do play consistently everyday. I also get pretty up there in SQ but still get nothing. It's a joke.
    There is no use spending money or grinding HUT. It's beginning to feel like a huge waste of time and money.

Hate to say it, but it's a video game where the content resets every single year and you have to start from scratch. They don't even let you play Squad Battles in the old version when the new version releases.

In short, it IS a huge waste of time and money. Packing MSPs in every other pack wouldn't suddenly make it a worthwhile endeavour that is somehow great value.
    Racesunite wrote: »
    It feels like they are forcing people to spend money on packs so they can give the most basic cards the people have to sell for a 1000 coins each to get the better cards. Buy more packs so people slowly build their team spending money pack after pack. Freaking heartless company.

Dunno about heartless, really. They're just a company. They try to make money like any other company does. They aren't your friend.

Getting yourself a low-rated icon pick in NHL requires any 30 gold players.

Getting yourself a low-rated icon in FIFA requires 44 players that link together and that have high ratings. And those icons don't upgrade, so if you want the better version, you have to build it from scratch and throw the old one away. And they're random choice packs, rather than picks. And there's no duplicate storage, so if you pack the same icon twice, your only option is to throw the new one away.

It might not excuse the terrible packs but compared to other implementations of Ultimate Team, NHL is easily the fairest.
  • Whatever, I already determined that I am not going to spend one more dime on this game.It's a rip off. EA just suks people into playing and not getting anything from the (rewards) lol so people are forced to try to spend money on packs that have nothing in it. Unless you are a content creator. EA is the worst gaming company there is.
  • The odds are pathetic for the amount of money the packs cost
  • SuperKMX_39
    101 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Whatever, I already determined that I am not going to spend one more dime on this game.It's a rip off.

Congratulations on finally realising what most folks have known for years.
    EA just suks people into playing and not getting anything from the (rewards) lol so people are forced to try to spend money on packs that have nothing in it.

"Forced" is such a funny word. People build a perfectly capable 87 OVR team, lose to an 88 OVR team, instantly cry "I LOST BECAUSE HIS TEAM IS BETTER" and then run to their wallet because they can't accept that they could ever be doing anything wrong themselves. It's all because the opponent has +1 puck control, or +1 speed.

EA sets it all up to happen, but nobody is being forced to do anything. People spend money because they want the shiny thing that they know they have a 0.00000001% chance of getting, then complain that they didn't get the shiny thing as if it's somehow a surprise.
  • > @Strain20 said:
    > The odds are pathetic for the amount of money the packs cost

SB Rewards are worse. I play both but I don't understand why Rivals rewards are so head and shoulders above SB rewards. Both spend a lot of time. If the rewards are so little, why even have it.

Yep - the grind simply isn’t worth the effort spent to play a broken mode like SB - DDA has ruined the game

Never buy packs

Don’t even get me started on the broken challenges in HUT Rush that never register after you perform them
  • EA_Blueberry
    4139 posts EA Community Manager

What do you do with the base cards?
  • Is EA heartless, yes I'd have to agree.

Considering that they were one of the first companies to push micro transactions and have had their *butts* handed to them in court in several countries I'd agree they're down there with defence lawyers.

They spend more time, effort and money trying to figure out ways to suck more money out of consumers (across every game) than they do on the actual development of the game itself.

Look at NHL 21,its basically NHL 15 with a new coat of paint and a roster update. You can't put lipstick on a pig.

Long gone are the days of EA actually trying to put out a quality product. Now it's all about how to squeeze every bit of profit out of consumers,and you're right they are a company just trying to make money. But what happens when the consumer finally says enough is enough and stops buying your product?

• amxblade wrote: »
    Long gone are the days of EA actually trying to put out a quality product. Now it's all about how to squeeze every bit of profit out of consumers,and you're right they are a company just trying to make money. But what happens when the consumer finally says enough is enough and stops buying your product?

They'll never need to answer that because it'll never happen.

Half the player base is addicted beyond hope and serve as free word-of-mouth advertising to draw enough new players into the game each year to counteract the churn of players who leave the game. If not, every year brings a new wave of teenage or younger kids in who are playing HUT/FUT/MUT for the first time.

A decent percentage of those who leave will be pulled back in when the current year's version of the game drops for "free" on EA Play, just a couple months before the new game comes out.

Then there's the massive amount of people who say "enough is enough" and swear they'll never buy another EA game, yet are first in line to preorder the new title in September and will justify it by saying things like "I just wanted to see if it had improved."

Even if there was a Battlefront 2-sized revolution, it would barely make a dent in the profits, because even mild addiction can overcome common sense. The reason that whole thing worked that one time is that nobody was addicted to Battlefront.

Don't kid yourself. The faucet can't be turned off.
  • Oh I know, it's just wishful thinking. The only hope we have is that someone buys the company and does away with everyone. But again, wishful thinking.
  • EA_Aljo
    2354 posts EA Community Manager
    amxblade wrote: »
    Is EA heartless, yes I'd have to agree.

Considering that they were one of the first companies to push micro transactions and have had their *butts* handed to them in court in several countries I'd agree they're down there with defence lawyers.

They spend more time, effort and money trying to figure out ways to suck more money out of consumers (across every game) than they do on the actual development of the game itself.

Look at NHL 21,its basically NHL 15 with a new coat of paint and a roster update. You can't put lipstick on a pig.

There have been a huge amount of changes since NHL 15. While the overall look may not be a lot different, more focus was put on gameplay and features. It's also far easier for F2P players to build a competitive team as there are many more options now to earn rewards instead of buying packs. There of course is the option to play any other mode as there is only one way to spend additional money and that's in HUT. Maybe Online Versus would be a better option since you have to use default players instead of upgraded versions of them in HUT.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

There have been a huge amount of changes since NHL 15. While the overall look may not be a lot different, more focus was put on gameplay and features. It's also far easier for F2P players to build a competitive team as there are many more options now to earn rewards instead of buying packs. There of course is the option to play any other mode as there is only one way to spend additional money and that's in HUT. Maybe Online Versus would be a better option since you have to use default players instead of upgraded versions of them in HUT.

I might disagree with you guys on some(lots of?) things, but what you say here is true. The game feels different every year. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, but there's always an adjustment period.
  • I read here and there about people that sayin, 'it's more pay-to-win now then ever'.

.. Shouldnt that be a compliment towards this years game?

if you are ready to pay up you also get the advantage, in notable better players.

Just how it should be.

My own personal experience is that good cards makes a bigger difference this year then ever before.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I read here and there about people that sayin, 'it's more pay-to-win now then ever'.

if you are ready to pay up you also get the advantage, in notable better players.

Just how it should be.

My own personal experience is that good cards makes a bigger difference this year then ever before.
    I agree with you they sure do, but I would not say ever. 2013 edition also played well with star players. Also, it’s not just players you have but it’s the person behind the controller with critical hockey IQ that plays a big difference. Hockey is dominated by teams that know how to create space while playing and if you don’t than it really makes no difference what players you got.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I read here and there about people that sayin, 'it's more pay-to-win now then ever'.

Just how it should be.

I agree with you they sure do, but I would not say ever. 2013 edition also played well with star players. Also, it’s not just players you have but it’s the person behind the controller with critical hockey IQ that plays a big difference. Hockey is dominated by teams that know how to create space while playing and if you don’t than it really makes no difference what players you got.

Yeah I may have been to fast on the trigger.. 'ever' was a big word, I more meant in this gen-era.

And I agree to the rest you said too.

I dont have a flashy team, never spent a dime, but I consider myself at least decent in this game, so I survive, but I do have to fight alot harder against good valuable cards I face on the ice.

But it's also a better hockey game (for me anyway) so in that meaning, you can stand up against alot of the 'cheese' just by trying to play hockey and create space the natural way.

😊
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Say, what you will, but to MANY people, this game had been in a downward spiral for years. Someone on another thread said it best, EA is trying to make an NHL Hitz style of game mixed in with Fortnite and its a bloody embarrassment.
  • amxblade wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Say, what you will, but to MANY people, this game had been in a downward spiral for years. Someone on another thread said it best, EA is trying to make an NHL Hitz style of game mixed in with Fortnite and its a bloody embarrassment.

And why wouldn't they do that?

I mean, I don't disagree with you. But they're a business. They're not here to make anybody feel good or be anybody's friend. Their sole purpose is to turn a profit.

The world is becoming dumber and more entitled with every passing year, and they're just keeping up. The simple fact is that hockey without fireworks, confetti cannons and players being checked halfway across the ice doesn't sell like it did in the 90s.

They could put out the most accurate, fair, balanced simulation of hockey that has ever been created, and it would sell about 10 copies. Mainly because it would take skill to play, and 99% of gamers these days don't seem to actually want that. They want to press a button and get a thing that other people don't have, so they can post the thing on social media and get some likes.

It bites, but that's the way of it.