EA Forums - Banner

Games Depressing!

DethcoreRtchyTTV
92 posts Member
edited January 22
Playing a matchup today in HUT RUSH in my 4th game and went to 17 OT's because the 3 v 3 is continuous . My opponent kept ragging the puck and I couldn't do anything, with the 70% packet loss I was getting. Checked internet speeds and they were normal. Finally caught a 3 on 1 break and scored. Was tiring! So many raggers, exploiters and IP booters this year that the game is so depressing! Offline is a lot better now. If I play EASHL I just go back to NHL 14, as the servers are up and communities actually have decent amounts of people playing! Jersey selection and indoor drop-ins are existent. Something EA failed to do on PS4/Xbox one! Pretty sad where this game has turned into Fortnite...today was the last straw for me online! I'm done and never supporting another game until I see something decent. Be A Pro for one was the worst part about NHL 21... Like most games, NHL could have been patched to have indoor drop-ins or a better Be A Pro where you aren't drafted to 3 teams, the Rangers, Kings and Ducks. Have the option to play a full junior season in the CHL or Euro leagues. Be sent to the AHL! These parts were key pieces into the mode that for some reason got taken out! It's a joke!

Replies

• If you're getting 70% packet loss, there's something wrong on your end, or happening between you and the servers.
  • If you're getting 70% packet loss, there's something wrong on your end, or happening between you and the servers.

Did the speed test. My ping was 12 ms. Upload 80 and 107 download. He booted a bunch of people a couple days ago in Hut champs, including a partnered streamer within the EA NHL community. His viewers witnessed it on live stream. The guy who did this bought the game a few days ago, had 12 minutes and 45 seconds played, yet somehow managed to get into Div 4. Now he is in 1...

Did the speed test. My ping was 12 ms. Upload 80 and 107 download. He booted a bunch of people a couple days ago in Hut champs, including a partnered streamer within the EA NHL community. His viewers witnessed it on live stream. The guy who did this bought the game a few days ago, had 12 minutes and 45 seconds played, yet somehow managed to get into Div 4. Now he is in 1...

Define what you mean when you say you did the speed test. Are you talking about the speedtest.net site? Or actually using the uotrace app on your pc?

And I don't disagree that there are some eggplant eating trash that would ip boot. Just saying, there's a possibility that it's on your end. If you did the uotrace and everything along the route is good, then sure, maybe something fishy happened. If you're simply using the speedtest website, that's not going to tell you anything about your issue.

Define what you mean when you say you did the speed test. Are you talking about the speedtest.net site? Or actually using the uotrace app on your pc?

And I don't disagree that there are some eggplant eating trash that would ip boot. Just saying, there's a possibility that it's on your end. If you did the uotrace and everything along the route is good, then sure, maybe something fishy happened. If you're simply using the speedtest website, that's not going to tell you anything about your issue.

Did UO trace as I have been using it more frequently. This person was IP booting people and I was on stream when it happened also. Sent the vod to Xbox. Some others got booted by another person in 3's EASHL club today. The goalie from the other side skated to the opposite side in seconds and kept blocking the opposing goalie from making saves. There was a tweet and video of it.

Did UO trace as I have been using it more frequently. This person was IP booting people and I was on stream when it happened also. Sent the vod to Xbox. Some others got booted by another person in 3's EASHL club today. The goalie from the other side skated to the opposite side in seconds and kept blocking the opposing goalie from making saves. There was a tweet and video of it.

That's unfortunate to hear. It would explain how a large portion of specific top 100 Champs players that I frequently match up with have questionable latency. Any of the streamers and game changers seem to be fine, but there's a bunch of guys where it's just a constant delayed fatman lag the whole game. When I'm only getting that lag against specific gamer tags, it makes me think something fishy is going on. Especially when the game can feel fine, you see them stop moving, and then the moment they start moving again the game starts playing extremely delayed.

I wonder if it's just coincidence, or if what I'm experiencing is related and it's a fairly widespread issue.