EA Forums - Banner

For The Love Of All Things Holy Have An "Exclude 2's" Search Option In EASHL 6's

I'm not against 2's playing 6's in the sense they just may not have a lot of time or friends to play with but at least allow us full squad of 5-6's to exclude them from our game searches.
Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com

Replies

• Socair
    2796 posts Game Changer
    Fwiw, the search does attempt to match with closest size if you have match size off. It’s just that the player base isn’t huge and at that given search window, 2’s may be all that’s available within the cup for finals, or five divisions in regular season.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Fwiw, the search does attempt to match with closest size if you have match size off. It’s just that the player base isn’t huge and at that given search window, 2’s may be all that’s available within the cup for finals, or five divisions in regular season.

So what. The users should have the option to exclude 2’s even if it means the search takes longer. Most teams won’t stay for a game against 2 so the search time is long anyway at times.
  • Match the room size. Simple really.
  • Match the room size. Simple really.

Our 5-6's will play 3 and above. We get it's not possible for everyone to play with 6 people. But 2's in 6's is a completely different game. You should be able to exclude them and let them play each other if they want.
  • Socair wrote: »

We take longer finding a game when drawing 2's over and over that we back out against every time. 3+ should be a search option and we'll happily wait for a 3+.
  • I and my team completely agree make it a minimum of 3, it shouldn't be that hard. The more options you give your customers the better
  • beer354 wrote: »
    I and my team completely agree make it a minimum of 3, it shouldn't be that hard. The more options you give your customers the better

Agreed 100%.
    If they would add a +/- slider, where you can choose from, all problems would be solved.
    Example: 5 on your team, select the difference of max. 2 and only a minimum of 3 human players are being searched for the match...
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Match the room size. Simple really.
    If team has 4 players but they don't want to play against 2's, having room size matched it leaves out also 3's, 5's and 6's and search time would probably extend a lot.

So maybe simple but not even closely the best solution.

EA should add filter how many human players opposing team should have, it shouldn't be too hard and would make things better.

Or even better if they would limit the 6's for minimum of 3 human skaters.
  • There are teams that play 6s with two human players? Why would you even want to play that?
  • Bumping this. I would looooove to be able to choose the amount of players to search for. Frustrating getting 2's over and over.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Yes! Being given a min/max window would do wonders for search. I hate playing against CPU but if they have 1 more than us I'll play it. I'm NOT facing 2 guys in 6's. I wouldn't even search for a game if I had only one friend on unless we played 3's.

The problem apart from the small player base (draw your own conclusions as to why it's so small) is that a lot of players tend to depend on the help they get from CPU's. Many teams (say they like 6's because it's "real hockey") will cherry pick and let their CPU play D as they sit at opponent blue line and stick tap when CPU inevitably gets the puck so they can get a breakaway.. they set their cpu to full aggression. Throw pucks at the goalie for CPU rebounds etc. Some people know how to utilize CPU, depend on CPU, say CPU isn't that good in hopes they get boosted more, etc.

I just really feel this game would be a LOT better if the CPU was hindered just a little and we had more tools to find players to join clubs. Think about it..

If I was a player that depended on CPU (and I was when I first played the game) anytime I got more humans on we would lose, esp to teams with more CPU. So we wouldn't often play if we had more humans on because it became frustrating (opposite of what should happen) 3 CPU skaters you can expect around 90% passing for your team. You can expect many more 50/50 puck battles to go your way, you can expect to own the net front presence all because of CPU abilities. If you turn those down a pretty considerable amount then players start LOSING with more CPU then they start actively SEARCHING for human players for their clubs. It's really not hard to understand this.. yes, many players might only know 1-2 players and that's why they search with 1-2 but MANY just have no desire to play with human because they know the advantage they have with CPU.

If you then give people tools and push club recruitment and club play we will see a lot more 4v4 and 6v6. Have a free agent search in stats. It will be all players not on a club in the results and you could search by position. You could see their stats in each mode and have an idea of how they play. Make drop in more of a recruitment mode for club. It carries no CR, little advancement, maybe clubs can somehow search/view ongoing drop games to find players for their clubs. Currently drop in is just an AWFUL mess anyway. Full of trolls, people not playing positionally, people quiting so you play vs CPU (and getting beat) for playing too well too early, and then playing against clubs of 5-6 who want to grind out easy wins for RP or something? This game is in a REALLY bad place right now the player base is SO small and devs don't seem to have an answer for it.
  • My 2's team will face anybody but it really chaps my parts when we get matched with the same teams (who keep quitting) over and over and over and over and over and... well you get the idea.

I'm all for allowing us to set parameters - at the very least let us add players/teams to a temporary blacklist
  • Jobii
    5 posts Member
    edited April 7
    Yeah for the love of god fix this. Would make the game searching so much smoother. The drop-ins should be also upgraded so that it would attract more people. You could also make it so that teams could set their own lobby open so that random people could join there and you could choose which players you want to play with or have sort of a global lobby where you could invite people to play with your team.

Also the 3s penalty system should be reworked. The penalty shot system is so solved that it's basically a sure goal every time. Make it either a 3v2 pp or make it that the team who takes the penalty has to play with 0 energy for full 2 minutes or something.
    Post edited by Jobii on
  • I would like to see if the game will go as far as raising the minimum players to 3 human players for 6's and 3's. It would force some interesting changes
  • Needs to be a "search for room with x-6 players" meaning I can search for 4-6 or 2-6 or whatever floats my boat
  • D19Box
    108 posts Member
    Please don't forget this "must have" suggestion for NHL 22.
  • JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    I would like to see if the game will go as far as raising the minimum players to 3 human players for 6's and 3's. It would force some interesting changes

Definitely 6’s once a team has more AI than humans. I don’t know what the repercussions should be though to make it fair for the remaining human players.
  • D19Box
    108 posts Member
    JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    I would like to see if the game will go as far as raising the minimum players to 3 human players for 6's and 3's. It would force some interesting changes

Definitely 6’s once a team has more AI than humans. I don’t know what the repercussions should be though to make it fair for the remaining human players.

I would just have game search options be "2's, 3+, 4+, 5+" etc. That way 2's can still play 6's if they want but for clubs like ours who always have a minimum of 4 players we could filter out 2's. We'll play anyone with 3 or more.