EA Forums - Banner

are you gonna play nhl22 if its only release on ps5/xbox X ?

Prev13
Stephlefan6AX
287 posts Member
edited February 6
i wonder if its gonna be released on ps4 and xbox one or only on next generation so i would like to know. what the community is thinking. With the current price of next generation console and when nhl22 will be release, if we can't afford those console,i hope the game will be release on ps4 and xbox one for aanother year
Post edited by Stephlefan6AX on

Replies

• It won't happen because the playerbase just isn't big enough due to consoles not being readily available for the masses still. I wouldn't expect much of a difference in overall game from 21 to 22. They add a new gimmick and tweak some things that are minor and slap a new face and call it a day.

But for the next-gen systems I see them maybe taking advantage of the SSD to speed some things up menu wise but we won't see anything besides that at most. We're still on an old tapped out engine.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    It won't happen because the playerbase just isn't big enough due to consoles not being readily available for the masses still. I wouldn't expect much of a difference in overall game from 21 to 22. They add a new gimmick and tweak some things that are minor and slap a new face and call it a day.

But for the next-gen systems I see them maybe taking advantage of the SSD to speed some things up menu wise but we won't see anything besides that at most. We're still on an old tapped out engine.

If there are any takers ill bet good money that there will be nothing or next to nothing different on the recent gen versions. Because it's ea nhl which is the slowest progressing easports title and because it's probably going to be at least another 2-3 years before the seriesx/ps5 population catches the dwindling population of the previous generation.
  • Sega82mega
    3777 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Aaaaah... I dont know.. Of course, im the 'positive one' but I wouldn’t wanna miss 22.

It will probebly get you raged, but I still think we gonna get something we never seen or felt before.

Even if it's not maaajor fix for gameplay, just new menus and card art design, face scans.

Ice that looks a little bit more like ice..

I think we will like, some of it! 😬

Don't forget they took "a year off" just to be prepared.

I wonder how Fifa people feel? Cause they went next gen ah?
  • do you already bought the next generation console guys?
  • It would only mean that my roster update will cost $1000
  • do you already bought the next generation console guys?

Too expensive man.. But I also feel, it's smart to wait a while.. They drop fast in money, this kinda things.

And I only play nhl, more or less.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    do you already bought the next generation console guys?

Too expensive man.. But I also feel, it's smart to wait a while.. They drop fast in money, this kinda things.

Honestly by the time the consoles are back in stock more often the mid-gen iteration will be a year or 2 off from that.

Sega82mega wrote: »

Honestly by the time the consoles are back in stock more often the mid-gen iteration will be a year or 2 off from that.

I hope to get some for my ps4pro. To cover some cash I put out on next gen. If NHL 21 had been ps5 I would had to found 'room' for one.

But it's sick how expensive this things are when they come out.

All tough I was warned it was going to be way more expensive.

And.. It's pretty cool how far we have come with video games.

Gonna be hard one day... to just stop play video games, any exact age your not 'allowed' to play anymore...? 🙄
    Follisimo wrote: »

Gonna be hard one day... to just stop play video games, any exact age your not 'allowed' to play anymore...? 🙄

Usually coincides with having kids, I hear those things suck up a lot of time and money.
  • Sega82mega
    3777 posts Member
    edited February 7
    jrago73 wrote: »

Usually coincides with having kids, I hear those things suck up a lot of time and money.

Im sure they do. But no mather what, it's importen to stay true to what you really like in life. I will probebly 'never' stop to play completely .. But probebly alot less.

For many reasons .. My gaming is some sort of therapy.. And therefore importen to keep to some level.( all though NHL sometimes eat my brain out too.. Hehe, really mad)

gaming makes me a better man but also worst.. ". Good vs bad. 🙄
  • Nope.
  • I really hope they are not counting on better hardware to "fix" the software issues.

I am not sure how it is with the PS5, but unlike last time they can totally make an XB1 game that is forward compatible with XB1X
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1566 posts Member
    edited February 8

LOL I Hope not. I'm 52 and a lifelong gamer. I once had some kid on XB Live tell me I was too old to play video games. I laughed and asked him at what age he thought he was going to stop playing... "I dunno, 24... 25?"

I told him I felt sorry for him LOL
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

LOL I Hope not. I'm 52 and a lifelong gamer. I once had some kid on XB Live tell me I was too old to play video games. I laughed and asked him at what age he thought he was going to stop playing... "I dunno, 24... 25?"

I told him I felt sorry for him LOL

Hehe you certainly beats me with a couple of years. But I cant really imagine me not to play. As long as I can stay healthy.

Haha well.. The young kids can say whatever they will .. But if you been in the loop for so long, it deserves some respect.

Alot of people (mostly woman.. I guess) consider gaming to be abit childish.. But I think its really for anyone..Both young once and older folks. Abit insular to say anything else.

But okey.. Refuse to take out the garbage cause you don't have time playing.. That can lead to problems, especially if your in a marriage... 🙄😊
  • jrago73 wrote: »

I’m 55 and had to stop gaming in 2002 I had two kids and ended up being a single dad with a newborn and one year old. Couldn’t afford a system or have the time. I didn’t start again until 08/09. Now arthritis in my hands makes it tougher to play but I really can’t see stopping until I can no longer hold the controller. I have been gaming since video games first came out, why would I stop now there just starting to get really good, in most cases.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »

I’m 55 and had to stop gaming in 2002 I had two kids and ended up being a single dad with a newborn and one year old. Couldn’t afford a system or have the time. I didn’t start again until 08/09. Now arthritis in my hands makes it tougher to play but I really can’t see stopping until I can no longer hold the controller. I have been gaming since video games first came out, why would I stop now there just starting to get really good, in most cases.

Nice to hear.

And I agree.

Maybe abit sad or something, but I hate the fact im getting older and the video games startin to be amazing. Would be fun to have everything left infront of you.

But video games are pretty addictive, at least in my case, so perhaps good for my own health aaaand life.. If it's not too good.

Dangerous feeling if video games beats the real world... 🙄

I hope to get some for my ps4pro. To cover some cash I put out on next gen. If NHL 21 had been ps5 I would had to found 'room' for one.

It's why I set aside money each week. I budget my life so every 2 weeks I set aside $20 for new consoles. Once I got my PS5 and XSX then I started to set aside $20 again before they even announce anything that way I'm ready when they come. My old consoles should at least cover 40-50% the cost of the new iterations I know not everyone can do these things but I do cut out things like going out to eat when I can make stuff exactly at home cheaper. Cut down on buying games until they are on sale if they aren't something i will play year round.

I know not everyone can do these things but I do cut out things like going out to eat when I can make stuff exactly at home cheaper. Cut down on buying games until they are on sale if they aren't something i will play year round.

Thats probebly the hardest part. Cut down on buying stuff. I've never been good with money.. But im startin to be.. Perhaps a big lie.. But I actually think HUT have been good help... Saving coins and learn the value of 'money'. Startin to become interesting in markets... 😮😊

It's a smart thing to do of you, but in other words, you got both ps5 and xbox.. Hardcore hehe.. NHL on both?

I identify myself too much with the PS, I dont think I ever would be able to turn my back away from ps. Maybe if NHL wouldn’t realese on that console for some strange reason.
  • Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.
  • nyi95 wrote: »
    Allright boys, i think i got u all beat on this one. I'm 56,lol. Maybe we should start a rusty blades or old mans club. Anyone(ps4). I think segas the youngest, he still dances for women in the subway platforms! Lol.

Hehe nyi95 😄👍

.. Oh 56..you got me there.. But that makes it even more clear.. Age is just a number.

Im close to being 40..but boy.. In some ways I still feel like 20..

Would be fun to start some 'veteran league or club. Too bad I live on the other side of the world, I would probebly' delay down' everyone on my team, so instead of feeling like 50 you probebly will feel like 70, by the way you move!

(But I dream of Canada one day... See how that goes.. 🙄)